Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went into the store last week with a friend to pick up a cleaning kit for a mosin nagant. the store was closed by the time we got there but the mikes let us come on in even though we were over 15mins past their closing time. great people, excellent service

I was in North Shore Firearms a couple of days ago and they now have a good selection of reloading supplies there. Prices seem to be about normal. Shotgunners... there is lead for you too. Great place...keep up the good work Mike & Mike!

I was in there for the first time today. Having just gotten my LTC I was anxious to use it for something...anyway, I went in to buy a little ammo. The guys were extremely friendly, made sure to take time to welcome me to the area, and pointed me in the direction of ranges, etc. I know they've gotten some bad reviews here, but I had to see for myself, and I have nothing but good things to say. Great customer service.

Good Place, Good Advice for a Novice

I found a few moments to drop into Northshore Firearms about a month ago.
I told them "I'm just here to kick the tires, not to buy today."

I told them what I was interested in, and asked for some suggestions and alternatives. Before I knew it, they took turns showing me their favorites, weighing the pros and cons, and helping me to get a bit educated on what works for them, what works for others, and more importantly, what works for me.

Sr. and Jr. both had great advice regarding the two types of arms I'm looking for (compact carry, and range pistol). I'm slow to purchase, and told them so. In the end, I'll probably buy both handguns from them, starting with the Walther P99C 40c I really liked.

I give thumbs up, both hands for these folks. They answered my novice pistol questions, never treated me like crap. Never looked down on me for being a pistol novice. Never rushed me. I thanked them and said I would make my way back there some time, and I shall.

Just throwing up a "+1" for these Gents - every time I go in it's a great visit with guys that are doing a excellent job at serving customers at all phases of the sale, even if it's just a browsing guy that may come back sometime later or someone making a purchase.

Great job Mike Sr & Mike Jr. - see you again soon

Just wanted to add my experience in there today. The Mike's were extremely kind and generous on a trade. I picked up a very nice Vaquero and will be going there time and time again. It is nice to have a gun shop so close to my range, especially a gun shop that stocks what they do. Best of luck to Northshore Firearms, I give them two thumbs up!

While this thread was getting ugly , I didn't read it , but I went there to score some reloading components. I was late , and they were closed. Locked up , lights off. I got out of the car to read the hours posted on the door and the two trucks that had passed me coming in had turned around to see if I was a customer.

The 2 Mikes re-opened , sold me stuff , and made me a happy customer.

The next time I went in I bought some primers and asked about the cost of the empty 44 mag brass in the big plastic bin. Maybe 500 cases.

Mike said , " There's no price on that. "
" Right, " I said , " How much?"
"Take it. It's free."

Tomorrow I plan to drop about $900 on the countertop.

You guys can be as grumpy as you like , I have found a good shop and will continue to shop there.

A+ to these guys, just walked out with a H&K USP Compact happy as can be. I'll be spending more cash there in the future.

It's refreshing to see the owners of an establishment willing to really listen to criticism and then act to make corrections. It's the sign of a shop that will be around for a while.

Good job, Mike & Mike!

There is gonna be a really nice Glock 30 with brand new CT grips on there starting Monday that I just traded in. From what I remember the serial number code corresponded to 2 months before they were banned in MA. Mint condition, low round count, 2 mags with pinky grip extenders and original box.

I had my first experience with Northshore Firearms this past Saturday. I called around to 4 shops in my area looking for a laser bore sighting tool and nobody stocked them except you guessed it Northshore Firearms. This was on Friday and I could not make it in till Saturday- asked if I needed them to put it aside and said no we have them in stock.

Fast Forward to Saturday afternoon - place is pretty easy to find right of 114 and close to Rt. 62. Went into the shop around 1pm and seems like it had been a busy day for them. I was welcomed and asked if I needed any assistance almost instantly - very nice :) They knew who I was once I said I had called about the bore sight and quickly pointed it out to me on the wall. I grabbed it up and proceeded to linger around the store to see what other goodies I could find. They have a decent amount of different products (although they could use an AR accessories area) and I was impressed. As I was looking at their display cases a newly traded in S&W model 19 caught my eye. I thought about it but proceeded to just go up to the register and get the bore sight.

After leaving the shop and smoking a butt in the parking lot my craving for a new revolver took the best of me. I proceeding back in and got quite a few smiles and some jokes about coming right back in... I told them the 19 was coming home with me and it did :D I spent about 1 hour overall shooting the shit and talking guns with staff and customers.

I would do business with them again without hesitation and recommend anyone that has not been there to give them a chance. 2 Big thumbs up for Northshore Firearms.

It's refreshing to see the owners of an establishment willing to really listen to criticism and then act to make corrections. It's the sign of a shop that will be around for a while.

Good job, Mike & Mike!

To all who read the the prior posts, Disregard all that nonsense. They've come along way in such a short period of time. I put two guns there on consignment Saturday and they're as cool as always. Damn it's getting crowded in there now!. That only tells ya they're doing something right and will be around for a while. Keep it up Mike Sr and Jr.

Btw: Their website is great and are always up to date with everything.

Last edited:
Saturday last , I bought that AutoOrdnance Thompson Gun from the used rack.

Bwah ha ha .....

Saturday coming I plan to shop there for primers and 45 lead cast ...

This is where I picked up the "stuff" I listed on the "ammo day" thread; Marlin 60, primers and 200grain lrn.

About a month or so ago I picked up a lower from them, the last one that they had. I wasn't looking for another lower just yet, but I picked it up mostly due to the GOAL sticker on the counter by the cash register.

Another +1 for these guys. Couldn't be happier. Bring in a M&P 9mm full size for consignment, sign the paperwork, while I'm still in the store looking for a replacement it sells.

Ended up immediately putting the cash towards a brand new Sig Sauer P239 9mm.

If you guys are in the area and haven't checked this place out, give it a try. I know everyone in the area are Four Seasons junkies(I myself am one), but the ease of doing business with these guys they are going to be seeing alot more business from me. I have a very good feeling I'll be buying an 11-87 and SP101 from them(when they come in used).

Recent experiences

I was in last week and had them show me about 4 guns, including a nice S&W 63. Decided on the way home the following night that I wanted the 63 and called them about 5 mins before they close asking if they could hang around and wait another 15-20 minutes for me. No problem they said. Gun was on the counter and the paperwork had been started when I walked in. Very nice guys, very easy transaction and definitely nice to know I dont always have to drive to Woburn when I'm jones'n bad.

It's a new family business and they're still learning the ropes. This place can be a rough crowd. From the latest comments and my recent experience there, it looks like they're on the right track.

Yes, the customer is king.....but some "customers" can be real a-holes. I'm not making an excuse for rudeness or commenting on anything that may have been discussed here.....but in my experience in customer service, the highest maintenance ones tend to buy the least and are the most likely to bitch to everyone when they think they've been "dissed". They are sometimes just not worth the trouble. Sometimes its better to POLITELY let them become someone else's hemorrhoid.

-Slim

Last edited:
Mike & Mike pulled through again today. Went and paid off my Sig from earlier in the week and it couldn't have been easier. Tattooman almost had me walking out with a 2nd Sig (Mosquito). So tempting, but I refrained for the time being. I'm sure I'll get one eventually. I think I'm going to hold out for the 1911 though!

Last edited:
North Shore Firearms is now a Dealer Member on NES. So the name "tatooman" is now North Shore Firearms if you want to get in touch with me for something.
As of December 1st we have been in buisness for 1 year now! I want to thank all of you who have helped us in any way such as doing buisnees with us, Teaching us new things everyday & even reading posts & threads on here has helped alot!
Dont forget to check us out in the Dealer section and view our website for "Whats New", "Specials" & "Used Guns"
We are having a huge Holiday Sale for the whole month of December!
Thanks, MIKE

Last edited:
Glad to see the upgrade. I was impressed with my visit and purchase. I will be back!
Keep up the good work guys.

Happy to see your upgraded membership. And congratulations on your 1 Year Anniversary!! In this economy that is a milestone for any business but in this state that is a miracle! That certainly says something about your customer service and business sense especially when there is some serious competition not too far away in most directions. Keep up the good work guys!

My son bought a Beretta at your store late last week. He liked the service,thought it was better than some of the other firearm stores,says he willbe going back.

Bought my first AR15 from them, A Colt 6601 HBAR Match Target. The Mikes were very nice and the Sr. Mike took the time to completely break it down and explain what each piece was, how it worked, and how to clean it. He told me to give him a call if I had any questions or stop by and he would help me out.

It was not just because I dropped a grand plus on the AR. I was in there the week before and got the same level of service buying a cleaning kit for my pistols.

These guys are great they treated me very well. Will be back for ammo and a Sig 556 if they ever come in.

We have around 80 different NEW long guns and around 50 different NEW handguns. As far as used guns go, we have Moisins, Styers, 8mm Mausers, M1 Garands, various shotguns and rifles. Used hand guns are a little weak. So, how is that a limited selection? We are also the #2 Sig Sauer Dealer in Ma. There are not many gun shops in MA. that even come close to the inventory we have and our ammo prices are the same or better than the other gun shops. Of course we can't compete with Walmart or Dicks!

Last edited:
By limited selection I have a feeling he is comparing it to four seasons. Obviously it's going to feel like a limited selection since FS has an extensive used inventory. Also, another thing to take into consideration is display case size. If I can remember the layout of both stores correctly, NSF has twice the display case size than Four Seasons making their inventory appear to be smaller. Used handgun selection is minimal at NSF compared to Four Seasons, especially when it comes to Glocks. People really need to step back and look what NSF has accomplished in such a short period of time.

I'm going to stand by what I've been saying all along about used inventory. Whichever local shop decides to start posting pictures of used weapons on their site will increase their customer base significantly. In this day and age, people want to see pictures, good pictures. Especially on a used item. Try selling a used piece of electronics online with no pictures, it's not going to happen and if it does it's not for the price you wanted because the person couldn't see the item. Show people the merchandise and they will show up to buy it. Who knows, they might buy other stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom