• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two 610's just came in this morning. One is on hold already. And the other one is available for $779.95. Call us if you want us to hold it for you. 978 777 5151 Thanks, MIKE

Three things I look for in a Gun Shop and they might not be important to everyone but the are to me:

1) Variety
2) Price
3) Staff

This place excels in all three, I purchased a nice Sig Coat, a PS90 and a Glock 17 and all three were well below market price, in great condition. I will take the drive here again and see what else I can get. They are just starting out so you can see them adding items as people ask for them and they are more than nice. The shotguns are impressive and it seems to be well run so hopefull it will be around for awhile. Only negative is that they don;t take AMEX and I would be willing to pay the extra 3% or whatever to use it but besides that its an A+.

J

How do you like the Sig coat? Was thinking of picking one up.

Two 610's just came in this morning. One is on hold already. And the other one is available for $779.95. Call us if you want us to hold it for you. 978 777 5151 Thanks, MIKE

Thanks for the reply MIKE - don't hold it on my behalf as I just wanted to do the old site visit to see it first hand and it gives me an excuse to get by the shop.

I was out with my wife as she had business in Billerica today. While she was taking care of her stuff, I drove out to the Northshore Firearms Shop. Nice shop (a little light on inventory, but pretty good selection) and even nicer people. They gave me some good info on ARs, glad I stopped in, I recommend the shop to all. I'll be back, the next time I'm in the area. Thanks to the guys in the shop.

I've been in & out a few times now , all smallish purchases - a ballcap , a few 20rnd boxes of 7.62 , a kydex holster. ..

Within the second or 3rd visit the owner clearly remembered me. A friendly welcome is a great thing - a friendly welcome with recognition of who you are is even better.

Now . If they would only carry reloading 230 gr lead .45's ... they'd be dangerous.

Great Place!

This is my favorite shop. Like most of us, I check out the shops in my area - I think I've stopped into all of them in Northern MA in the last 4 months. Some are definetly very good and others not soo good. NorthShore is as the top of my A List.

I asked at 3 shops in Mass about getting an Armalite AR10T. NorthShore (Mike) called his supplier while I was there in the shop - came back with 2 places he could get them from in stock and $80.00 less than what I expected to pay. The other 2 shops, told me they are hard to find, going to be expensive and I should get an AR15. When I asked if they could order one - I left my contact info and 3 months later I have yet to hear from the other 2 shops. Now I check with NorthShore first for everything.

When I've had a question (and I tend to have a lot) - Mike and his sons have taken the time to explain. If they were not sure - they have made calls to manufacturers/suppliers to find out for me, while I was there in the shop.

I had a problem with my Sig 220, they took it back - sent it to Sig and had it back to me in under 10 days. I appreciate that level of service.

I have purchased 5 firearms from NorthShore in the last 3 months and plan to purchase more - just don't tell my wife!![smile]

I really wish them all the best and great success in the future. Here's to great guys and a great shop!

O.K. I'll chime in again- I went in to look around again and say hi to the guys in there. I had a question for tatooman. I asked if they has Federal SP primers which have been hard to find for the past year or so. Low and behold they had a sleeve of 5000.

I said I'll take em'. They said you really want all of them? I said yep.

Without me asking they said if you are going to buy all of them we will take a pecentage off and save you a little money. -

Not a discount on an already inflated price but a discount off of a competitive price. Now that is service!
Thanks guys. I'll be by again soon.

If you look in today's (4/8/08) Salem News, there is a nice article written about Northshore Firearms in the Business Section.

I was in there today and they have 9mm lead reloads & it looks like they are stocking lead bullets for reloading as well. As usual, every time I go in there, they have new stuff to offer. Great guys, I'll always go back.

I stopped by today. Nice place like everyone has said. I ended up picking up some 5.11 clothing.... no one seems to stock it in this area so I was happy they had it.

Seems like a decent collection of guns- not too many 1911s but in MA... well we just don't have much to chose from I guess. Lots of nice shotguns huh?

I was in around noon. ... getting a lot more traffic in there. I shoot across the road @ Danvers Fish & Game , every week - now I can make it a one trip deal - shoot in the a.m. , stop off for ammo components on the way home to reload over the week.

Rinse , lather , Repeat.

i stopped by a few weeks ago. nice store and nice people. i was thrown off thou when i asked about 30rnd AR mags, how much they priced them when they have them in stock. the answer was $40 a 30rnd mag????? right..... that thing better be gold plated.

Don't feel bad TATTOOMAN... most of the moron DAs charged with enforcing MAs complicated and self-contradictory gun laws don't have a clue about them either.

JR

DISAPPOINTED TODAY

So, I have been there before and liked the place. But today I was treated like a child by the elder Mike. The shop was empty except for me and my friend. At first Mike was nice. I asked to see a MP5 knock off that was in the case and was promptly shown. After a few minutes I asked about an M&P which is what I really went there for anyway. I was shown and elder Mike even field stripped it for me when I asked him to. But, it was not the caliber that I wanted. He said that he would be getting more so I figured that I would put that off for now. So, I asked to see a Browning Hi Power that he had and he got pissed. He asked me if I was serious about buying. I was caught off guard by the way he asked. I did not know what to say, was I supposed to commit to buying something? I mean, I had intended on getting the M&P but it was not the right cal. I could tell that he did not want to show me anything else so I started to leave and he said to come back when I was serious. I am a serious buyer, but that’s not the point. If I am going to buy something, I am going to look at as much as I want BEFORE I make my choice. I really want a Browning Hi Power and I may have even bought the one he had since I was going to wait on the M&P until he had my caliber. But, if after looking at 2 guns he is going to give an attitude, FORGET IT. I WONT be going back, and that is too bad because I like the younger Mike. I could see if the shop was busy, but it was just me and my friend and I only looked at 2 pieces. WOW! In the almost 10 years that I have been buying firearms, I have never been treated like that. Even at Four Seasons where it is busy all the time. I suggest that if you want to go there, talk to the younger Mike, he will let you examine the merchandise without getting pissy. But, if you dont want to have to deal with worrying about who to talk to, DONT GO THERE. I wont be anymore.

/John

Last edited:
He asked me if I was serious about buying. I was caught off guard by the way he asked. I did not know what to say, was I supposed to commit to buying something? I mean, I had intended on getting the M&P but it was not the right cal. I could tell that he did not want to show me anything else so I started to leave and he said to come back when I was serious. I am a serious buyer, but that’s not the point. If I am going to buy something, I am going to look at as much as I want BEFORE I make my choice. I really want a Browning Hi Power and I may have even bought the one he had since I was going to wait on the M&P until he had my caliber. But, if after looking at 2 guns he is going to give an attitude, FORGET IT.

I would have said, "I was serious to buy one of these, but with your remark and attitude, I think I'll take my current and all my future business elsewhere."

That sucks. I'm sorry you had a bad experience there. I've been there once and it wasn't a great experience, but not bad enough to post about. In fact, it seems stupid compared to what you experienced so I'm GLAD I didn't post it.

WOW,
I can't believe that. He's such a nice guy, he has spent hours with me going through cats. and mags., even as much as calling distributers for just tire kicking. I'd say give him another chance. That sounds way out of character for him.

Bad day maybe ?

"Bad Day" is when you get snappy but say you're sorry when the customer heads for the door. "Come back when you're serious" is more then a bad day. That's a called taking a swipe. It's personal. I would never do business with the guy again unless he made a sincere (and by sincere I mean a severely discounted purchase) apology.

Anyone can have a abd day but MAN. I'd have left too. I'm wondering though if with such an attitude if the ol' "I bought it elsewhere" would really matter to him. Might not want to but sit down and write, yes actually write with pen & ink, a letter to the shop explaining in a nice manner the experience and how it caused not only a loss of one sale but future sales as well. At most you'll get an apology and a "we'll give you a deal" pitch. Stick to your guns (pun intened). I had a similar issue with a shop and continue to refuse to do any business with them. Just gotta stick to your "stick it" decision or they win.

Sorry that happened because when I have been there several times, they are very helpful and patient. Perhaps you just got someone on a bad day.

You should give the gun shop owner a pass on this one. I'd imagine with all the jokers for customers you get in a gun store it can get pretty old. No one wants someone to waste their time. Maybe you just came accross wrong to the guy? It certainly doesn't sound like enough of a big deal to be blasting the guy on the internet.

You should give the gun shop owner a pass on this one. I'd imagine with all the jokers for customers you get in a gun store it can get pretty old. No one wants someone to waste their time. Maybe you just came accross wrong to the guy? It certainly doesn't sound like enough of a big deal to be blasting the guy on the internet.

It absolutely is a big enough deal. I certainly wouldn't shop there after hearing this. Now, if he was a discount dealer or there were no other dealers nearby, I would hesitantly go. But since there are cheaper dealers with incredible customer service equidistant, I'll likely never step foot in the place again. I can drive to Woburn and get treated like the princess I am.

It sounds like Mike Sr. finally figured some of us out. You all know as well as I do that we have gone into stores only to play and handle everything you can without any intension of buying...YOU GOT CAUGHT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom