• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nope, No Bias Here

Oh man! I had no idea guns were so dangerous! I want every one of them out of my apartment by Sunday!

Firearms are racists.

"In 2004, firearm homicide was the
leading cause of death
for young black males."

Why are these man made death devices targeting our young black males and what can we do to stop them from killing so many of them?

None of my 8+ guns ever killed anyone. Statistically that's impossible; they should have killed at least 2 people. Maybe tonight is the night?

"Gun Death" includes all kinds of things like Suicide. In a state where the legal gun owners is reduced by 70%, you can expect firearm suicide to drop too. Of course, any study on suicide has shown that a drop in one method always correlates to an increase in another. Since nationally Suicide is roughly 1/2 of all "gun deaths", you would have to expect states where private ownership is difficult you would have significant reduction in firearm suicides.

So, are these people trying to tell us that they are thrilled that people are selecting other methods of self destruction?

An increase in knife crime doesn't matter either. Death by gang beatings also makes no difference. A story on NPR this morning on a study of eliminating "housing projects" in major cities has not curbed crime, it has spread it around and actually created an increase. When a map of high crime areas is overlaid on a map showing section 8 housing, is anyone amazed to see they are almost a 1:1 correlation?

The BIG LIE is that none of this is mentioned. All they care is "gun death" numbers. And they report that very wide category for a reason. It's the only way they can show the results that lead people to conclude wrongly that laws actually control crime.

Anyone notice under the state by state pictograph, they rate Massachusetts a 3.2 gun deaths per 100,000. The only one rated lower is Hawaii with 2.9 per 100k. That would be more Brady lies to be sure. Vermont by the way is rated 10.1.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/guns_in_america/html/framesource.html

Did they mention what the firearms fatality rate for Washington DC is?

That statistic is the jewel crown in the gun grabber's repertoire. It's misleading on many fronts. First, it's based on the flawed notion that all gun deaths are bad.

Unarmed woman gets raped at knife point? No biggie.
Would-be rape victim shoots and kills attacker? One more gun fatality for the Brady bean counters.

I'd wager Massachusetts also leads the nation in the "Bad guys killed by their victims" category.

And, needless to say, there's no distinction made between gun fatalities caused by criminals ignoring gun control laws, and those caused by law-abiding gun owners.

Also, notice how they ALWAYS link to that statistic and not the comparison of the various states' violent crime rates. Massachusetts leads the six New England states in that category, by a mile.

And, how many of the gun deaths in Massachusetts took place in cities like Boston and Worcester, where unrestricted LTC's are rarer than hen's teeth, versus those from "green" towns?

Why, it's almost enough to make one think they're not giving us the full picture. Who'd have thunk?

Don't most statistics that include how many people who were killed by guns also include the number police shot and killed in the line of duty?

Don't most statistics that include how many people who were killed by guns also include the number police shot and killed in the line of duty?

Yes, I believe it does. It also includes suicides and justifiable shootings such as in self defense.
The anti-gunners can never tell the truth because it would destroy all their arguments.

Back
Top Bottom