No chance to surrender, The guy was just another dog to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing that video, I have the strangest feeling. Uncomfortably sad. It's like a sad tension in my chest that's morphing into anger.

If I were a cop I would bow my head in shame. What a disgraceful mockery you people have made of your profession. You are all guilty by association. You all see your brothers in blue trample peoples rights or are outright involved in it. Not one of you can say you have not seen it happen. You are hated by more than you know. There is not enough money in the world to make me piss on my honor as a man and human being. You should all be shunned by decent people.

If I were a cop I would bow my head in shame. What a disgraceful mockery you people have made of your profession. You are all guilty by association. You all see your brothers in blue trample peoples rights or are outright involved in it. Not one of you can say you have not seen it happen. You are hated by more than you know. There is not enough money in the world to make me piss on my honor as a man and human being. You should all be shunned by decent people.
I like to think I have a pretty decent grasp of the enormity of the population which hates me. I mean hell, I have to hide my occupation from my neighbors and wear a cover shirt over my uniform when I drive to and from work to help prevent myself or my wife being targeted by all the folks that hate me. Maybe you're right and I don't really know, though.

Last edited:

I have a hard time condemning all for the actions of a few.

Geezus Krist - I just had a chance to watch the video.

It looks like they were ten feet away from the guy - he's standing in the corner of the hall (a defensive maneuver not an offensive one) - and the video isn't the greatest - but I can still see it looks like he's holding a golf club (translation: if you can tell from the crappy video - it should have been crystal clear if you were there seeing it with your own eyes).

WTF people.

The Wookie approves of this raid.

Personally, I prefer M855 loaded in PMAGS. If I could find a magazine fed (20 rounds+) rifle that fired M2 AP rounds I'd answer the door with that.

Here it is:

bar1918a2.jpg

Sort of cumbersome inside a house though..................

I'm surprised the police agency hasn't denounced this video as a simple "Training Video" and that they were using simmunition and that the guy was an actor. [rolleyes]

For all you guys riled up by this awful stuff, I recommend you check out Radley Balko. Yes, he writes for The Huffington Post, but he is a libertarian. He doesn't own guns, but he defends your right to own one. And he covers police abuses like this REGULARLY. He is putting a book out about the rapid militarization of our police forces called Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces.

The Agitator Old site. Tons of great reading.

The Agitator New site.

Ban golf clubs

Well, maybe not ban the clubs, but certainly we should regulate them, especially the drivers. Only professional golfers need to be using drivers.

And why do people need all those clubs anyway? I see people with FOURTEEN clubs in their golf bag. And it's LEGAL!?! And they almost always buy them all at once. There should be a law where you can only buy one golf club per month. And a three day waiting period to prove that you are qualified to use each club before you can make the purchase.

They can have you take a class, learn all the extra MA golf rules that aren't listed in the National PGA rules, then go out to the range to see what you can hit and prove you are qualified.

Then we'll all be safer. [rolleyes]

There was no imminent threat demanding deadly force. Inadequate training, or entering pre-disposed to be shooting. Either one's as bad as the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the video get pulled? I can't load it up

If you're using Chrome, it doesn't seem to work. Try a different browser. I used Safari on my Mac.

I have a few sincere questions for any LEO's (past or present) following this thread:
Do you consider yourself a peace officer? Do you live in the town where you serve? Are your kids in the same little league as mine? Can you walk into the local tavern and actually feel welcomed by the others because some of them are your friends?

Or do you believe that you are an officer of the government, arresting an enemy of the state? Do you believe that your position entitles you to special consideration and immunity from responsibility of the consequenses of your actions that a non-LEO would undoubtedly have their life turned upside down forever for if they were in a similar situation?

Watching a man instantly get shot dead in his own home like this is very unnerving. The fact that nobody is responsible for anything makes it even more so.

People need to start protesting these sorts of abuses. Murder is murder. How many more people do they have to kill before we demand they be held responsible for their actions?

So glad I decided not to become a cop. So glad.

People need to start protesting these sorts of abuses. Murder is murder. How many more people do they have to kill before we demand they be held responsible for their actions?

So glad I decided not to become a cop. So glad.

Speaking from someone whose formal college education was criminal justice, the whole concept of the "War on Drugs" seemed to be a righteous one, but as I got older, and understood the bigger picture, that concept just falls hollow, just like Prohibition of the 20's. I am thankful that career path did not work out. I always thought, if I were an officer there would be events(like the one we are discussing) that would stir some soul searching on this career choice for sure.

Why would anyone answer the door late at night unarmed - it's a safe bet you are getting shot - might as well take a few with you.

Its said to say, but that is reality. Going back to big shootouts, most people win in court in the end. My life is more valuable to me then theirs 7 days a week.

I hope cops across the country are starting to wake up and move their complaints up the chain, because its their own administrators and elected officials that are throwing them into the grinder.

crazy these trigger happy cops get to knock doors down and shoot people with a golf club before he could drop it or back down come on. imagine if they were at the wrong house. well atleast we dont have to pay to feed him in jail i guess.

Last edited:
I just watched this yesterday Canacide by Cops in Missouri! Marijuana SWAT Raid on Family! - YouTube and had that feeling but this video was much worse.

Ive seen that video before, I was just watching it again after you posted it...ok from the first knock (in the middle of the night) to team breaking down the door -- [9 seconds!!!]

Think about it...you're sleeping in your house in the middle of the night and you hear a knock on your door...it takes me 10 seconds just to wake up to realize that someone is actually knocking on my door...never mind get out of bed, get bathrobe or dressed and physically walk over to the door to open it...

this setup is designed to provoke a confrontation with a home owner 7 days a week...

I have a few sincere questions for any LEO's (past or present) following this thread:
Do you consider yourself a peace officer? I do not, but neither does the state of Arizona. Peace officer status is a specific legal construct, not just a generic term. I'd have to be deputized by the county sheriff to gain such status. Do you live in the town where you serve? Yes, technically. I rarely patrol within city limits, though. My area of responsibility is larger than the 413 area code. Actually the county is almost exactly the same size as the entire state of Connecticut. Are your kids in the same little league as mine? I don't have kids yet, and I don't think you live in Arizona. Can you walk into the local tavern and actually feel welcomed by the others because some of them are your friends? I don't go to bars. My coworkers that do, though, have felt very welcome. I moved away from Mass about a year and a half ago, so I don't really have any local friends, just coworkers that I'm friends with.

Or do you believe that you are an officer of the government, arresting an enemy of the state? It's not really a matter of belief or interpretation. I am an agent of the government, although I hate the current administration. I do consider the people that I arrest to be enemies of the state as well. However, I have never arrested a U.S. Citizen. Do you believe that your position entitles you to special consideration and immunity from responsibility of the consequenses of your actions that a non-LEO would undoubtedly have their life turned upside down forever for if they were in a similar situation? Well, under state law I'm exempt from Arizona traffic laws as long as I have my emergency equipment (lights and sirens) activated. Does that count? Otherwise, not really, no. Actually, life is a bit more restrictive. It's against the law for me to run for public office in any partisan election, for example. Also, I'm required as a condition of employment to conceal my firearm when carrying off duty. Private citizens in Arizona are free to carry openly or concealed.

Watching a man instantly get shot dead in his own home like this is very unnerving. The fact that nobody is responsible for anything makes it even more so.

My answers to your questions are in red.

I'm a Tea Party Republican and I think this cop needs to be prosecuted. The rest of his team should be fired and face civil liability. Like someone else said, we don't want to be blamed for the actions of a few nut job mass shooters. I'm not going to blame every cop for what these criminals did. You can point out how this has happened a lot and I can point out a shit load of mass shootings. I agree, the war on drug is a failure and as the system is set up it encourages incidents like this to occur, but I've know too many good people that happen to becops to condemn them all.

Pop, pop, pop. Thud. Man hits the ground. Dead. Cop, "Get on the ground!" [rolleyes]

Way to serve & protect, Barney. Lesson kids. Don't respond to the sound of your door being broken down holding a golf club.

Am I the only one who actually watched the video? I heard several announcements of who they were and what they were doing. Police, search warrant. Guy comes around corner with a weapon.

I'll let you argue the validity of no-knocks all day long, but to say this was an outright execution is just flat out wrong.

A mosin only holds five and the boom will make them soil their kevlar.

Yeah - but if the bolt shoots back your head then you've pretty much solved their problem for them.

Plus I'm pretty sure 7.62x54R doesn't come in AP.

And the Mosin's a bolt action....... he was looking for Semi.

Am I the only one who actually watched the video? I heard several announcements of who they were and what they were doing. Police, search warrant. Guy comes around corner with a weapon.

I'll let you argue the validity of no-knocks all day long, but to say this was an outright execution is just flat out wrong.

Oh really, it wasnt an execution, thats funny because no once did i hear, "put it down" Sure they did after he was dead. Dont defend these scum, they dont deserve it

Your ****ing joking right? You are nuts to consider the level of force they used in that video as appropriate. At least 7 heavily armed state thugs full gear and those evil "weapons of war assault rifles" serving a middle of the night warrant (that they left at the station) with no time for this guy to have a clue of what is going on. Sure it ended the threat of a golf club and natural reaction to your door being knocked down with 2 to the chest and one to the skull and ended this guys life before he had a chance to comprehend what was happening. Where are those tazers our hard earned tax dollars pay for? I sure feel safer with the dangerous drugs and 3 wood off the street after watching that video and also glad to see a bank gets to add another home to the portfolio.

Your ****ing joking right? You are nuts to consider the level of force they used in that video as appropriate. At least 7 heavily armed state thugs full gear and those evil "weapons of war assault rifles" serving a middle of the night warrant (that they left at the station) with no time for this guy to have a clue of what is going on. Sure it ended the threat of a golf club and natural reaction to your door being knocked down with 2 to the chest and one to the skull and ended this guys life before he had a chance to comprehend what was happening. Where are those tazers our hard earned tax dollars pay for? I sure feel safer with the dangerous drugs and 3 wood off the street after watching that video and also glad to see a bank gets to add another home to the portfolio.

the worse part the warrant was for his roommate who they had known had moved out

"The Huffington Post reports Sgt. Burnett as saying, “I was always confident in my close-range shooting ability, and the ammo, I’m absolutely pleased with. It did its job.”

Last edited:
Besides being outraged at this video.

When did teams like this stop using the frontman with a riot/bulletproof shield? I would think they would be standard? it give your team the ability to not shoot first second and better comprehend everything like this situation. Maybe i should answer my door with a bullet proof riot shield huh?

And im sorry i don't buy the one shot to the head as a reasonable flinch after the 2 to the body. it takes time to move off center, coordinate arms and brain , or lack there of in this cop and center it on VICTIM's head .that cop who shot him probably shot him in the head to keep his sorry ass from getting sued and going to jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom