• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Night stand guns

i used to sleep with my remington 870 marine magnum with a lasermax light and laser, surefire forend led light, knoxx stock, single point sling and whatnot, then i let the boyfriend move in so that got pushed out of the way. now i stick with a glock 26 or 27 when he is not home

After reading this thread a thought came to mind: I was at the Epcot Center a few days ago, and in China or England they had some awesome swords for purchase. Now, I am sure you could not walk out of there with the one in the display case [wink] but they would probably ship it to your home.

The point is that, you do not have to safe store a sword, knife or baseball bat or a hatchet as sharp as the devil himself. Now, you could be completely asleep and someone could take any one of those items and end your life with them...

A gun, however... If that is not secured, did you not know World War III can be started with that firearm! [thinking]

Before anyone comments about "the children getting hold of it": If I had to worry about my children, then all of the cutlery would be locked up (along with my baseball bats and hockey equipment) and I would spend less money on firearms and supplies and more on shrinks and puzzle factories.

In God We Trust - I think the reason kids know not to play with knives is that they see what they can do. It doesn't take a 5 year old to realize that a knife will cut something. Guns, on the other hand...If a child hasn't seen them/been taught the proper safety procedures, and picks one up for the first time, who knows what they think is going to come out of the business end.

Kids don't seem to accidentally stab themselves or their friends a lot (unless these numbers just aren't publicized like child gun deaths are). Unfortunately, I'm not sure we can say the same for guns.

You can only do what you can do. If you cant have an unlocked gun you can't. Just work on getting one. It only takes seconds to have someone in your bedroom. Hell it happens during the day, bang someone has your remote and the football game is off. [shocked]

My remote is always holstered on my hip, I've seen what happens when an untrained person (read GF) get's their (her) hands on it and let my tell you it ain't pretty. [hmmm]

You ever try to open a green can of Bulgarian 7.62X54R? This is the ticket!
Ah, the voice of experience, I see.

44 special.
This from a guy named MagnumAl??? Strange...

Big fat, and slow. Just how I like em.
Hey, leave your Rosie O'Donnell fantasies for another thread, pal! [laugh]

In_God_We_Trust said:
The point is that, you do not have to safe store a sword, knife or baseball bat or a hatchet as sharp as the devil himself.
Which is why there's a Falcon Arms shortsword sitting next to my bedstand...

Here's mine:

600-gun-1.jpg

Man I heart free states. I keep a G27 within reach in the bedroom. I leave it unlocked and loaded. I do lock it up when I am not home though... wouldn't want the dog playing with it ;)

My two domestic attack cats: Kucing and Tabby provide the first line of defense. The other night an intrusive spider bent on malicious intent forayed into the bedroom and Kucing was on that sucker like white on rice...so if any malcreant vermin of the arachnid or rodent variety should attack with nefarious intent, I'm covered....otherwise, don't ask, don't tell [wink].

Mark056

I bought this little guy over the weekend. To comply with MA storage laws, maybe I could jam it up my butt before I went to sleep? Would that qualify as "under my direct control"? I could tie a little string to the clip and make like a tampon sorta configuration. That would be OK huh?
IMG_1506.jpg

I bought this little guy over the weekend. To comply with MA storage laws, maybe I could jam it up my butt before I went to sleep? Would that qualify as "under my direct control"? I could tie a little string to the clip and make like a tampon sorta configuration. That would be OK huh?
IMG_1506.jpg

hmmm..more info, please?

Did you say "the business end"?
In God We Trust - I think the reason kids know not to play with knives is that they see what they can do. It doesn't take a 5 year old to realize that a knife will cut something. Guns, on the other hand...If a child hasn't seen them/been taught the proper safety procedures, and picks one up for the first time, who knows what they think is going to come out of the business end.

Kids don't seem to accidentally stab themselves or their friends a lot (unless these numbers just aren't publicized like child gun deaths are). Unfortunately, I'm not sure we can say the same for guns.

Night Stand

Always handy in the wee hours are a PPS 9mm and M&PC in 9mm. Plus a 36" battle-ready long sword and with a little extra effort a Glock 17 on the wife's side. Not to mention the 3/8" thick steel rod ready to bar the solid pine door against intruders. [smile]

no picture at the moment but a Glock Model 20 w/ night sights and a underbarrel LaserMax laser loaded with 12rd of 200gn Hydo-Shock jacketed hollow points.

Why only 12? It holds 15+1.

Kids know anything you teach them, whether it's knife safety or gun safety. They need to be taught (by example too) or they won't learn it.

Two kids playing with a knife and one getting accidentally cut isn't newsworthy. Two kids playing with a gun and one getting accidentally shot is newsworthy.

Safes are not fail proof. What happens when you can't get your safe open? What happens if it breaks when you're trying to open it? It's happened before. I guess you could always throw your safe at the bad guy, that should work out well.

A family I'm friends with had an incident where the husband and wife woke up one night with a man asleep on the floor beside their bed. He was a drunk who was incoherent and apparently tired.

A kid who sat next to me in college woke up in the middle of the night to two felons in his room, one sitting on his bed hitting him in the head with a pipe to wake him up. The other had a knife, and they asked where "the money" was. Turns out his landlord was a drug dealer who stiffed the wrong guys, so they kidnapped my classmate and made him drive them to where his landlord currently lived, beating him the whole time, promising that they were going to kill him.

They broke into the landlord's house and kidnapped his daughter, drove around with her awhile, sexually assaulted her, and let her walk home a little while later. I remember when the Amber Alert went out, it was a baby blue Ford F series pickup.

I'm not stupid. When I sleep, one of the Glock's is instantly available, but not in violation of Mass. law in any way, shpe or form.

Kids know anything you teach them, whether it's knife safety or gun safety. They need to be taught (by example too) or they won't learn it.

Two kids playing with a knife and one getting accidentally cut isn't newsworthy. Two kids playing with a gun and one getting accidentally shot is newsworthy.

My point was solely that an accident with a gun is probably more likely to be fatal than an accident with a knife. A child learns from an accident with a knife the way they learn by touching a hot stove. It doesn't kill them, but they immediately learn that they shouldn't touch it (because it is sharp or hot). The same can't be quite said for a gun. Surely you can teach them, but I'm not sure young toddlers would completely understand.

And you just publicly acknowledged violating the MA storage laws (if bedtime=asleep in your statement).

When I'm working at night and if the wife has a situation that requires her to smoke some enterprising young liberal, I doubt that anybody is going to charge her with anything but taking out the trash especially since she has a handicap.

Back
Top Bottom