Night stand guns

For those who claim light sleeping will keep them safe, that assumption is worth testing. You might be surprised at how long it takes to awaken and become coherent enough to prep your weapon and light before an invader can reach you. I've slept through fire alarms so am not comfortable with the probability of being awake before the door crashes in.

I'm looking at installing a system that would light the house up (except for my room) in addition to the alarm. No need for a flashlight then. And a hungrier dog.

one heck of a night-stand weapon

Left_Side.jpg
What IS that thing? With skiis? Do enlighten us Thou-Most-Heavily-Armed one!

Four German Shepherds roaming the house at night.

Nice! I wish I had the time and space for a dog let alone four.

G19 for me. I once helped a co-worker move--this cute 95 lb. girl from NJ. She didn't have much to move but when I helped her move the bed it revealed a lead pipe, baseball bat and then a knife stuck between the box spring and mattress. I guess it was kind of a you-had-to-be-there moment but it was funny to see her stash.

Safes are not fail proof. What happens when you can't get your safe open? What happens if it breaks when you're trying to open it? It's happened before. I guess you could always throw your safe at the bad guy, that should work out well.

If I need more than 16 rounds to subdue my attacker at a distance of about 6 feet and then I ALSO cant open the safe...It was just my time[rolleyes]

You only help a cute co-worker move for one reason...it work out? Pics or it didnt happen! [wink]

I knew I was going to catch some crap for this esp. with the bed and all but to be honest I was kind of keen on her friend that was there too. If I posted photos that pipe would surely leave the bedroom. And no it didn't work out.

For the record, I've helped ugly people move too [smile]

Last edited:
When sleeping any guns should be at least two steps away. Those two steps should awaken you enough to make a reasonable decision whether or not to pull the trigger.

If I need more than 16 rounds to subdue my attacker at a distance of about 6 feet and then I ALSO cant open the safe...It was just my time[rolleyes]

You completely missed my point. Read all of my posts in this thread before you start rolling eyes.

That's kinda overkill for a can opener dontchathink?[laugh]

You ever try to open a green can of Bulgarian 7.62X54R? This is the ticket!

Actually this is best used to clean and trim toenails. There is some requirement of fine motor skills as a slip up can be quite messy.

[smile]

Actually I don't need any sort of weapon in my nightstand... check out my avatar... he takes care of security in our household!

[grin]

Safes are not fail proof. What happens when you can't get your safe open? What happens if it breaks when you're trying to open it? It's happened before. I guess you could always throw your safe at the bad guy, that should work out well.

In that case I am screwed, but its a chance I'll have to take. If I don't keep it in the safe, my wife will castrate me [smile]

She tolerates the guns and minds her own business, but draws the line there. I know this situation could be better, but could be worse too.

In that case I am screwed, but its a chance I'll have to take. If I don't keep it in the safe, my wife will castrate me [smile]

She tolerates the guns and minds her own business, but draws the line there. I know this situation could be better, but could be worse too.

You can only do what you can do. If you cant have an unlocked gun you can't. Just work on getting one. It only takes seconds to have someone in your bedroom. Hell it happens during the day, bang someone has your remote and the football game is off. [shocked]

You can only do what you can do. If you cant have an unlocked gun you can't. Just work on getting one. It only takes seconds to have someone in your bedroom. Hell it happens during the day, bang someone has your remote and the football game is off. [shocked]
That's just poor situational awareness.

Back
Top Bottom