• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Night stand guns

What do you guys keep on your nite stand? When you are AWAKE Here are my most common one's depends on my mood

100_2729.jpg

92FS
100_2603.jpg

Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911-a1

Last edited:
no picture at the moment but a Glock Model 20 w/ night sights and a underbarrel LaserMax laser loaded with 12rd of 200gn Hydo-Shock jacketed hollow points.

Its purpose it to provide me with an effective weapon until I can reach my 18.5" barrelled Mossberg 500A loaded with 5 shells of 00Buckshot that can't be safely kept at my bedside.

I remember reading Massad Ayoob recommended a snubby on an ankle holster for night time use. If you are ever prosecuted for storage violation, proving that you were asleep at the time (hence not under direct control), would be problematic for the prosecution. Unless the ninja cop sneaked into your bedroom without your knowledge and felt your ankle under the blanket, of course.

I remember reading Massad Ayoob recommended a snubby on an ankle holster for night time use. If you are ever prosecuted for storage violation, proving that you were asleep at the time (hence not under direct control), would be problematic for the prosecution. Unless the ninja cop sneaked into your bedroom without your knowledge and felt your ankle under the blanket, of course.

Thats a good idea, but I'm such a light sleeper I think it would actually keep me up all night... and then I wouldn't be violating any storage laws!

Anyway, the Springfield xD .40 fullsize is my guy, with a surefire e2d right next to 'em (not in pic).

xd40.jpg

I keep my Glock 23 on top of my safe at night. My safe is about 7 feet away from the bed and as far as I am concerned, thats in my direct control. I am a light sleeper too BTW [grin]

glock "fotay" [smile]

baseball bat (my favorite), in case i run out of ammo or the zombies are invulnerable to gun shots, I can bust the window and jump [rofl]

ax - just in case Jason Vorhees stops bye for coffee.

XD45 in the night stand. If SHTF, the Mrs will grab the 12gauge and AR from under the bed.

Glock 21 locked and loaded kept safe in a security box under the bed. i unlock it at bedtime and lock it back up when i leave for work

And you just publicly acknowledged violating the MA storage laws (if bedtime=asleep in your statement).

i appreciate your assumptions, you gonna add to the thread or just play keyboard cop?

+1 Please don't waste the bandwidth.

Be a good little sheep and keep your bedside gun locked up at night. I wish you the best when you wake to see someone standing at the foot of your bed.

+1 Please don't waste the bandwidth.

Be a good little sheep and keep your bedside gun locked up at night. I wish you the best when you wake to see someone standing at the foot of your bed.

+1 no need for keyboard cop. I'm just glad i'm a light sleeper so I'll wake up and grab my xD before the BG is able to grab it! You dont want to wake up to the BG holding YOUR gun off your nightstand!

I have thought about attaching a somewhat universal holster to the side of the nite stand that faces the bed(that i sit on while awake) that way if someone did get in the room the gun would not be in clear view

I have a glock .40 with 15+1 "locked" in my nightstand, and if that isn't enough firepower I'll fight my way to the closet safe to pull out my M1 Carbine

[mg]

I have a glock .40 with 15+1 "locked" in my nightstand, and if that isn't enough firepower I'll fight my way to the closet safe to pull out my M1 Carbine

[mg]

Nice!! It was in one of the Clint Smith Thunder Ranch videos where he says something to the point of: "My handgun is just to clear the path for me to get to my rifles. Then this shit gets real" [smile]

photo3.jpg

I am still awaiting my LTC so I currently have a meat cleaver, well 2 actually the other one says love. But its on the ladies side of the bed.

My closet is 3 feet from my bed. I leave the door open and on the shelf at bed height is my handgun safe with keypad lock. I have practiced and trained myself to dial the combo in the dark, just like one dials a phone number without looking.

In it is my S&W 1911 Stainless with Crimson Trace grips. I can reach for the lock, open it and have the gun in my hand in less than 7 sec. The hard part would be waking up to the threat. I sleep through screaming babies.

Safes are not fail proof. What happens when you can't get your safe open? What happens if it breaks when you're trying to open it? It's happened before. I guess you could always throw your safe at the bad guy, that should work out well.

Four German Shepherds roaming the house at night. Hopefully giving me a "heads up" before the bad guys try to enter.

As for choice of weapon on the nightstand: Heckler & Koch USP .45ACP Tactical, 2 spare magazines(12 rounders, SOCOM), weapon mounted light and a handheld "tactical" light, cell phone, and NVG's under the bed.

The safe being a few feet away.

And the wife will tote a scattergun, Mossberg, with weapon mounted light.

Oh yeah, a box of "Scooby snacks" for the dogs doing a great job of early warning.

Back
Top Bottom