NH to MA purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a pistol was purchased from a MA resident, who had their license based out of NH, by a MA card holder and that gun is not on the AG list of approved weapons to carry. Is it still legal to carry since it was obtained legally from a non-dealer?

This is confusing as hell, I can't untangle the mess that is the first part of your post. What license? If residency was dissimilar between the two parties and you guys did an FTF without an FFL one or both of you was just a party to a federal felony.

All that crap aside, though, the AG/EOPS handgun compliance garbage is COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS to ownership/carry/possession, etc in MA by people with valid LTC-A's.

-Mike

Sorry brother. I can't opine on what I can't understand. Reading your post 3x didn't help. It did give me a headache and a bad case of vertigo though.

Sorry for the confusing opener. Basically, I purchased a Kahr CM9 from a mass resident but he had a NH LTC. The CM9 is not on the AG list of approved firearms. Does this mean I can not use this as my carry weapon?

Sorry for the confusing opener. Basically, I purchased a Kahr CM9 from a mass resident but he had a NH LTC. The CM9 is not on the AG list of approved firearms. Does this mean I can not use this as my carry weapon?

Not sure what him having an NH LTC has to do with it (eg, a P/R license.)

The bottom line otherwise is that a CM9 is legal to carry in MA if you have an LTC-A. None of the handguns I own are "MA compliant", and I carry nearly all of them. And metric crap ton of other LTC-A holders in MA do exactly the same thing.

The EOPS list/AFR & AGs regs only do one thing- they regulate dealer sales. Handgun compliance is only binding against dealers in MA, period, end, full stop. I'm closing this because it's entering mind numbing territory, anything else can be answered by this FAQ I wrote on this issue.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/37553-MA-Handgun-Compliance-Q-A-Thread-(new)

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom