• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH (resident) P/R License submit to receive times

Golddiggie

NES Member
Curious to see how long it's taken for other members to get their [resident] NH Pistol/Revolver License (to carry concealed).

I dropped mine off on Tuesday, 6/21 in Pelham, after 5pm. Had a call at 5:13pm Wednesday 6/22 that it was ready for pickup. Figuring the person doing the licenses didn't get my application until the morning of the 22nd, that's less than one day turnaround. Even from drop-off to being informed it was ready was just under 24 hours.

So, post up how long it took to get your NH P&R license. Or from when you dropped it off until it was ready for pickup.

MA residents: Don't be bitter about the fast turnaround times posted. [rofl2]

Curious to see how long it's taken for other members to get their [resident] NH Pistol/Revolver License (to carry concealed).

I dropped mine off on Tuesday, 6/21 in Pelham, after 5pm. Had a call at 5:13pm Wednesday 6/22 that it was ready for pickup. Figuring the person doing the licenses didn't get my application until the morning of the 22nd, that's less than one day turnaround. Even from drop-off to being informed it was ready was just under 24 hours.

So, post up how long it took to get your NH P&R license. Or from when you dropped it off until it was ready for pickup.

Amherst:
Me: Dropped off on Sunday, delivered to my house on following Thu. (4 days)
Wife: Dropped off on Sunday, delivered to my house on Tue. (2 days)
Daughter: Dropped off on Sunday, delivered to my house Monday PM. (1 day)

Dropped it off late on a weds (8pmish) received a call following tues with an apology for the delay. This is in Salem

Shows how different MA and NH are... In MA, even after 8+ months, you wouldn't have had any apology. Plus, they would have cashed your check within days (if not hours) of you dropping it off...

I wouldn't say I'm bitter about the turnaround in Mass, but it is a bit disappointing. 12 to 16 weeks or more is a bit much. You could almost find that understandable if everyone in Mass applied at the same time. Still not acceptable but you could understand it a bit more. But once you're in the system and you renew, just plan 16 to 18 weeks out to apply. Probably call 6 months out to make the appointment so you fall into the good time frame. A bit of a pain but workable if you plan it out.

I think my last one was like 7 days or so but that was in 2012. I'll update next year when I go to re-up. Might be more interesting (slower) now that I'm in Portsmouth instead of podunk little lakes region town.

I wouldn't say I'm bitter about the turnaround in Mass, but it is a bit disappointing. 12 to 16 weeks or more is a bit much. You could almost find that understandable if everyone in Mass applied at the same time. Still not acceptable but you could understand it a bit more. But once you're in the system and you renew, just plan 16 to 18 weeks out to apply. Probably call 6 months out to make the appointment so you fall into the good time frame. A bit of a pain but workable if you plan it out.

I remember all the bullshit you have to go to in order to get your initial permission slip, plus the renewals... Total pain in the ballsack.

Merrimack
13 Days until the phone call.

I think they were being pissy because I made a point of not letting them photo copy my NHDL

Merrimack

I think they were being pissy because I made a point of not letting them photo copy my NHDL

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Don't they have access to that anyway? Wouldn't they just want to get it out of the system when they go in to verify anyway? NH is great with their turn around but some of their requests/requirements puzzle me.

Merrimack

I put my NHDL number on the application. They wanted to SEE my ID before I picked up the license... No copy requested. Hell the person I got it from didn't even touch my NHDL.

Noxin, maybe they had heard about you... [rofl2]

Took 20 minutes to renew my PA CCW.

Salem 4 years ago was less than 2 days. Derry 14 days. I'll find in 2020 (if we're still around) how quick or slow Sandown is.

Edit: Still better than the 5-6 months it'll take to get my MA Non-Res.

Non shit towns in MA renew in 30 days or less all the time.

Brookline, NH - 2015

Dropped off ~ 4 pm on a Friday afternoon and it was ready for pickup the following Monday afternoon.

I just moved to NH, from MA, never applied for my MA LTC. How common are new Hampshire denials? What are the normal grounds?

I have a couple arrests for defending myself 10 years ago, and the families were friends with the local police. I got a felony arrest for a&b with a dangerous weapon, that was dismissed and shows as a NON-CONVICTION, on my Cori , and a misdemeanor a&b that was also dismissed as a cwof, and shows as a non-conviction, given I have no convictions on my record, I should be okay right?

These were dismissed in court. Thanks for the info, and sorry about the thread hijack.

I've never done drugs, so no illegal use, and I've never had a domestic or something scummy like that.

Nashua, NH:

First Time, I got denied because of an arrest 26 years prior(Charges dropped in 30 days) .
Some cop on a power trip. I didn't know the process to appeal the denial, so I let it drop.

Second time, It took 17 days. At 14 days I called and asked if it was ready, I was told no.
So I wrote a nasty-gram email to the Mayor and Police Chief. That lit a fire under someone.
I had to explain why it was denied the first time and I will have to do that each time I renew from now on.

Malodave

Last edited:
I just moved to NH, from MA, never applied for my MA LTC. How common are new Hampshire denials? What are the normal grounds?

I have a couple arrests for defending myself 10 years ago, and the families were friends with the local police. I got a felony arrest for a&b with a dangerous weapon, that was dismissed and shows as a NON-CONVICTION, on my Cori , and a misdemeanor a&b that was also dismissed as a cwof, and shows as a non-conviction, given I have no convictions on my record, I should be okay right?

These were dismissed in court. Thanks for the info, and sorry about the thread hijack.

I've never done drugs, so no illegal use, and I've never had a domestic or something scummy like that.

I would think as a non-conviction you should be fine. Apply and see what happens imo.

Amherst:

Love New Hampshire!

- - - Updated - - -

My renewal was 3 hours, I dropped it off at 8am and got a call I was all set at 11am.

Awesome! That's how it should be everywhere!

Amherst:

It was a week and a half for us but the licensing officer was on vacation. They apologized for the delay. A patrolman delivered them to our house.

Back
Top Bottom