NH Alert: SB116. Still on the Gov's desk. ***Vetoed***

Who is the troll like lady who asked "Don't people have to answer questions?"

That's Rep. Laura Pantelakos (d). A former state rep I am friends with had this to say about here: "she represents everything that's bad in legislative government."

I don't see a problem with requiring an NICS check for the permit if this is their only issue.

Strongly disagree. Next time the democrats take the legislature, there's a high probability that constitutional carry will be reversed. When that happens, we don't want greater restrictions on license issuance than there are currently.

(This is what torpedoed the bill last time--certain groups wanted to strengthen the requirements for the optional license for purposes of reciprocity and purchase streamlining.)

How many of the "good ones" testified FOR CC?

Not one that attended. I know an officer who is for it. But he is a "beat cop" in a small town nearby and only a year older than me. He would have had to ask his chief for permission to testify assuming he could get the time off.

- - - Updated - - -

Strongly disagree. Next time the democrats take the legislature, there's a high probability that constitutional carry will be reversed. When that happens, we don't want greater restrictions on license issuance than there are currently.

(This is what torpedoed the bill last time--certain groups wanted to strengthen the requirements for the optional license for purposes of reciprocity and purchase streamlining.)

This time there is consensus. GONH, PGNH, and NHFC are in agreement.

Not one that attended. I know an officer who is for it. But he is a "beat cop" in a small town nearby and only a year older than me. He would have had to ask his chief for permission to testify assuming he could get the time off.

Exactly. I get pretty tired of these so called "good guys in law enforcement" that sit in the bushes protected from all of this shit but yet will claim they are on my team when the lead starts flying.

Tourist families who already in fear of guns because of the daily drumbeat of incidents on the news, may hesitate to come to a tourist destination that they regards as a return to the Wild West.

Hunh.

I'm up there fairly frequently both with and without my family.

I had no IDEA I was afraid of guns or avoided certain parts of NH because of the violence up there. (Well, Nashua, maybe)

- - - Updated - - -

This time there is consensus. GONH, PGNH, and NHFC are in agreement.

As well as WDL. While we are new we are the only women's organization out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A rare astrological confluence of the stars and planets. I hope it holds. It's always an excuse when the 3 separate, giving legislators an out for voting no...

Its not really a shocker since Sam Cohen was shoved out the door of PGNH after last years disastrous debaucle and for generally speaking behaving like a douchebag progressive in recent years.

PGNH really lost a lot of people/respect over the SB244 debaucle of last year.......

Just got ambushed in the hallway by Rep. Laura Pantelakos (d) over my position of being against the background check bill. Apparently according to her I don't care about children according to her.

Kimberly Morin speaking now.

I love how the gun-grabbers and the out-of-state Progressive (sic) groups are upset about SB116/HB582. "NH gun laws are working, why change them?" and then they go ahead and want to ban private FTFs? WTF am I missing here?

Response from Rep. Carolyn Mathews (R-Raymond):

Hello Mr.:

Thanks for writing. I'll add you to my list of those supporting this bill. It did not come before the House yesterday but I will watch for it and study it carefully. My husband is a lifelong member of NRA and we both are strong supporters of gun rights. I had a long talk with our Police Chief David Salois before the legislative session began and learned his perspective on the value of concealed carry permits in small towns like ours where the police tend to know problem situations. I hope to learn more and be ready to vote responsibly on this and the other bills coming before us. Please keep in touch. Carolyn.

Representative Carolyn Matthews
Rockingham District 03 Raymond
Recreation, Resources & Development Committee
603-244-2027
"An Educated Voter has the greatest freedom of choice."

Sounds wishy-washy to me...

This bill does not get rid of the permit - it retains it for reciprocity in other states.

update: and I'll add that it is optional and not required

And FTF for handgun private sales. And GFZA compliance (debatable). For those two (or three) reasons, people are still going to apply for their P&R license. The primary beneficiaries of this bill are out-of-state gun owners.

Screw PGNH. Earl Sweeney is on their Council of Advisors, and Sweeney is no friend to gun owners.

Agreed on Sweeney but there are a lot of good folks on PGNH

http://pgnh.org/pgnh_board_of_directors_council_of_advisors_and_corporate_staff

They need to do a lot of work to regain the trust of a lot of people after last year but kicking Cohen to the curb was a good first step

Weebles, stay tuned. I think there are more changes afoot at PGNH. Could those changes occur at a faster rate? Sure. But sometimes one needs to be armed with overwhelming evidence. I have a feeling the president of PGNH is waiting for that overwhelming evidence. At the moment we do not know for sure Sweeney wrote those words in the testimony. We believe he did, based on the testimony of the two DoS officers and on some of Sweeney's past comments.

Welch and Tholl are also on PGNH... Let's watch how they vote.
Back in 2012, There were a number of good bills, some times they voted correctly, some times they did not.

-Design

we really need to get all the pro-gun groups in NH together united so we can stand against the folks who only claim to be pro-gun. sure things are way better up here compared to a place like MA for example but while stellar organizations like comm2a exist, they should have existed a long time ago. GOAL has been around for a long time, but just like in NH the problem is awareness. i was always shocked when i'd talk to other MA gun owners when they had no idea about GOAL, no idea about comm2a.

what we need in NH is to get organized before shit gets totally out of control and the name of the game is catch up.

we really need to get all the pro-gun groups in NH together united so we can stand against the folks who only claim to be pro-gun. sure things are way better up here compared to a place like MA for example but while stellar organizations like comm2a exist, they should have existed a long time ago. GOAL has been around for a long time, but just like in NH the problem is awareness. i was always shocked when i'd talk to other MA gun owners when they had no idea about GOAL, no idea about comm2a.

what we need in NH is to get organized before shit gets totally out of control and the name of the game is catch up.

My understanding is they are all united now. But whether or not they are organized enough and can be effective is still up in the air. Effective to me would mean that even if ConCarry passes, any rep or senator who should have voted with us and doesnt gets booted. We wouldnt have to get rid of all of them, just a few would make the point.

I like the idea of having an organization like Comm2A up here in NH working along side NHFC.

i think it would be absolutely fantastic. there have been rumblings of attacks on the second amendment over in VT as well. we know the story with CT already. RI and ME i'm unsure of but to see an organization with a track record like comm2a to expand to encompass all of new england would be awesome.

i can imagine there's a huge financial hindrance there however--but it would be a great thing to have.

I like the idea of having an organization like Comm2A up here in NH working along side NHFC.

I actually talked to Comm2A about this. The issue is getting funding for such an organization in NH is exponentially harder than Mass. The main reason is because NH gun owners don't feel "oppressed" thus no reason to give to an organization dedicated to litigation. And at the same time, there is almost no litigation needed in NH. The only thing needed is to assist in covering the upfront costs for those who are denied (which becomes moot if CC passes).

At this point in time, we are better off focusing on the legislature in NH. Meaning joining the gun orgs and through activism, keeping pressure on the legislature to pass these bills.

And if they do not, to take that money that you would donate to said NH comm2A to a candidates who are running against the anti-2A incumbents.

And if they do not, to take that money that you would donate to said NH comm2A to a candidates who are running against the anti-2A incumbents.

This is what we really need to do in 2016

We need an organized effort to target a number of pols like pierce/rogers and walk door to door in their districts........send a clear message that if they are going to attack our rights we're going to shed light on their voting records.......you will find out very quickly that this will directly reduce the number of anti gun bills in each session......

So who's in?

Welch and Tholl are also on PGNH... Let's watch how they vote.

Being a neighbor of Tholl (next town), and having met him several times and discussed the issue with him, I would be very surprised if he comes off his knee-jerk support of the licensing system.

He can't explain how it helps keeps police any safer, but he's certain that it does.

**** HB582 will have the CMTE exec session on Tuesday 3/3 at 10:30am ****
This is our last chance to contact cmte members and get them to vote correctly.

Abramson, Max Abramson Max Rockingham 20 4045 r 14 Charles Henry Way Seabrook NH 03874-4047 6037607090
Barnes, Arthur E. Barnes Arthur E. Rockingham 08 3048 r 174 Pelham Road Salem NH 03079-2831 8934754754 [email protected]
Berube, Roger R. Berube Roger R. Strafford 18 1034 d 15 Stackpole Road Somersworth NH 03878-1627 6036925653 [email protected]
Burt, John A. Burt John A. Hillsborough 39 3078 r 7 Bay Street Goffstown NH 03045-2634 6036245084 6032890792 [email protected]
Comeau, Ed Comeau Ed Carroll 05 1031 r 212 Stoneham Road Brookfield NH 03872-7403 6035222275 [email protected]
Cushing, Robert R. Cushing Robert R. Rockingham 21 4065 d 395 Winnacunnet Road Hampton NH 03842-2732 6039262737 [email protected]
DiSesa, Len DiSesa Len Strafford 16 4048 d 29 Pleasant Valley Road Dover NH 03820-5344 6033434344 [email protected]
Fesh, Robert M. Fesh Robert M. Rockingham 06 4021 r 27 Claire Avenue Derry NH 03038-4220 6034341550 [email protected]
Fields, Dennis H. Fields Dennis H. Belknap 04 5009 r 429 Lower Bay Road Sanbornton NH 03269-2712 6035286224 [email protected]
Fisher, Robert Z. Fisher Robert Z. Belknap 09 2047 r 58 Adams Street Laconia NH 03246-3732 8027270441 [email protected]
Hirsch, Geoffrey D. Hirsch Geoffrey D. Merrimack 06 4039 d PO Box 385 Bradford NH 03221-0385 6039382833 [email protected]
Mangipudi, Latha D. Mangipudi Latha D. Hillsborough 35 4038 d 20 Salmon Brook Drive Nashua NH 03062-2367 6038911239 [email protected]
Marston, Dick Marston Dick Hillsborough 19 3050 r 25 English Village Rd #304 Manchester NH 03102-2415 6036667334 6033618192 [email protected]
Martin, John F. Martin John F. Merrimack 23 2075 r 96 Woodhill Road Bow NH 03304-5310 6037743098 [email protected]
O'Hearne, Andrew S. O'Hearne Andrew S. Sullivan 03 3095 d 120 Main Street Claremont NH 03743-4824 6035581038 6035429538 [email protected]
Pantelakos, Laura C. Pantelakos Laura C. Rockingham 25 1001 d 528 Dennett Street Portsmouth NH 03801-3621 6034362148 [email protected]
Robertson, Timothy N. Robertson Timothy N. Cheshire 06 3027 d 3 James Hill Drive Keene NH 03431-4900 6033527006 [email protected]
Sweeney, Shawn P. Sweeney Shawn P. Hillsborough 23 5034 r 33 Orchard Street Milford NH 03055-3817 6032650319 6032650319 [email protected]
Tholl, John E. Tholl John E. Coos 05 1010 r 41 Kimball Hill Rd. Whitefield NH 03598-3645 6038372278 [email protected]
Welch, David A. Welch David A. Rockingham 13 3006 r PO Box 570 Kingston NH 03848-0570 6036424402 6036424402 [email protected]

Last edited:
Tholl voted YEA to the motion of "OTP/AM 0637H AND 0811H" on HB330 on March 15, 2011. However he was "Not Voting/Not Excused" for the vote on HB536 on January 5, 2012. He voted on the bill prior and after HB536 so he likely intentionally skipped out on that vote. He also voted against allowing a loaded rifle in a vehicle (HB194) that same day.

He did vote YEA for the veto override of SB88 AKA SYG.

If Rep. Tholl says he is against this con carry bill, ask him why he voted for con carry in 2011. The issues have not changed and I contend that they have gotten worse with more licenses being arbitrarily denied than ever before.

Jesus H. Christ. I am astounded.

From facebook:

I was denied for my renewal in Newton nh a week ago.. A renewal from the same department that issued my original

Yes Newton.. He said due to traffic violations about 10 years ago..

Correct. Being denied for a speeding ticket from years before he issued my last PRL

The antigun chiefs are denying people for ANYTHING. This must not stand. We need to get this bill passed.

Back
Top Bottom