• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Alert: SB116. Still on the Gov's desk. ***Vetoed***

Still on the gov's desk. KEEP CALLING. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...see-post-963?p=4559362&viewfull=1#post4559362

Update8: Will b on the governors desk Monday! http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...see-post-963?p=4548988&viewfull=1#post4548988

Update7: Down to the wire! See this post http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...nors-Office!?p=4540260&viewfull=1#post4540260

And fill out the petition. We want to be able to have a massive stack of petitions dropped on Maggies desk in the next day or two.

Update6: Passed The House! Back to the senate for a committee of conference but will likely be approved. Start calling the governor now. Tell her to sign the bill or let it pass without her signature. She will gain votes for US senate if she does this, remind her of that. You can also try mentioning how the current system allows for racial and sexist discrimination. There are cases of this occurring.

Call the governor and have your friends call. I want the governor to know that this is going to hurt, especially in the NH Senate in 2016 if she vetos the bill.

603-271-2121

You can also send an email: [email protected]

Update5: Vote by the full house will be on Wednesday 4/29/2015. If you haven't sent an email to all reps, do so now. [email protected]

uPDATE4: PASSED COMMITTEE!!!!

Update3: According to the calendar, there could be a committee vote Thursday April 9th. Send your emails now.

Thursday , April 9
CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND PUBLIC SAFETY, Room 204, LOB
10:00 a.m. SB 236-FN, relative to alcohol ignition interlock requirements.
11:00 a.m. SB 53, repealing the interagency coordinating council for women offenders and transferring
certain members and duties to the interbranch criminal and juvenile justice council.
Executive session on all pending legislation may follow.

Update2:
Hearing over. It went well. I do not know when this bill will go to exec session for a vote. Likely early April. Start drafting your emails for the bill now.

Committee email: [email protected]

UPDATE:
HB582 was retained in the house. Now SB116, the same bill from the senate has been placed in the same committee after passing the senate and has a public hearing Tuesday March 24th at 10AM in the Legislative Office Building rooms 206-208. The LOB is behind the statehouse.

Please take the day off and speak!!! We need to PACK this hearing. We need to keep the committee there until the sun goes down if possible to show support.

If you cannot take the day off, stop by and sign the sheet that you are not speaking but support the bill.

END UPDATE

HB582 (Con Carry) has a public hearing on Thursday February 19th at 10:30 AM. It says in room LOB 201-203 but it is almost guaranteed to be moved to Reps Hall. Unless you want spend the next 3 hours waiting to speak plan to be there by 10:00 AM in order to sign up to testify. This is the companion bill for SB116.

If you cannot make it, please send me your testimony and I will print it out and submit it. Emails, while helpful, do not get entered into the legislative record. A large stack of paper in support of the bill is needed. You can even submit a copy of the email you sent to the committee members.

An email you can send to is [email protected]

Alternatively, you can email Representative JR Hoell ([email protected]) your written testimony for submission by him.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/committeedetails.aspx?code=H26

Please email the committee members and ask for their support of this bill. It is the same as SB116 so you can make the same arguments. Please be sure to remind the committee that the fiscal note is false and that the budget revenue for the DoS is only ~$268,000 for FY2015, a far cry from the $900,000 the note claims will be lost.

[email protected]

Make sure to provide your address and if you are an non-resident who owns property in NH, to use your NH address.

Last edited:
If there was every a day to be a day to visit the state house, this is it.
There are 4 firearms bills being heard that day.
Hearings confirmed!!!
The following bills HAVE BEEN scheduled to be heard on 2/19:

HB512 Prohibition on collection of ammo and arms during an emergency (Support)
Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 1:00 PM LOB 201-203

HB582 House version of Constitutional Carry (Support)
Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 10:30 AM LOB 201-203

HB650 Universal Background checks (Oppose)
Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 9:00 AM LOB 201-203

HB685 Prohibiting enforcement of future Federal Gun laws (Support) http://www.shallnot.org/legislation
Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 2:00 PM LOB 201-203

These are important hearings and there is more work to be done on the house side to pass this.

-design

Because I put it together for something else... The House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee individual contact information.

Chairman: John Tholl (R) Coos - District 05 Phone: (603)837-2278 Email: [email protected]
Vice Chairman: David Welch (R) Rockingham- District 13 Phone: (603)642-4402 Email: [email protected]
Clerk: Dennis Fields (R) Belknap- District 04 Phone: (603)528-6224 Email: [email protected]
Member: Robert Fesh (R) Rockingham- District 06 Phone: (603)434-1550 Email: [email protected]
Member: Shawn Sweeney (R) Hillsborough- District 23 Phone: (603)265-0319 Email: [email protected]
Member: Robert Fisher (R) Belknap- District 09 Phone: (802)727-0441 Email: [email protected]
Member: Roger Berube (D) Strafford- District 18 Phone: (603)692-5653 Email: [email protected]
Member: Geoffrey Hirsch (D) Merrimack- District 06 Phone: (603)938-2833 Email: [email protected]
Member: Len DiSesa (D) Strafford- District 16 Phone: (603)343-4344 Email: [email protected]
Member: Dick Marston (R) Hillsborough- District 19 Phone: (603)666-7334 Email: [email protected]
Member: Arthur Barnes (R) Rockingham- District 08 Phone: (603)893-4754 Email: [email protected]
Member: John Martin (R) Merrimack- District 23 Phone: (603)774-3098 Email: [email protected]
Member: Timothy Robertson (D) Cheshire- District 06 Phone: (603)352-7006 Email: [email protected]
Member: Andrew O'Hearne (D) Sullivan- District 03 Phone: (603)558-1038 Email: [email protected]
Member: John Burt (R) Hillsborough- District 39 Phone: (603)624-5084 Email: [email protected]
Member: Ed Comeau (R) Carroll- District 05 Phone: (603)522-2275 Email: [email protected]
Member: Laura Pantelakos (D) Rockingham- District 25 Phone: (603)436-2148 Email: [email protected]
Member: Robert Cushing (D) Rockingham- District 21 Phone: (603)926-2737 Email: [email protected]
Member: Latha Mangipudi (D) Hillsborough- District 35 Phone: (603)891-1239 Email: [email protected]

If you happen to be a constituent of any of these members please reach out to them personally.

If there was every a day to be a day to visit the state house, this is it.
There are 4 firearms bills being heard that day.
Hearings confirmed!!!
The following bills HAVE BEEN scheduled to be heard on 2/19:

HB512 Prohibition on collection of ammo and arms during an emergency (Support)
Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 1:00 PM LOB 201-203

HB582 House version of Constitutional Carry (Support)
Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 10:30 AM LOB 201-203

HB650 Universal Background checks (Oppose)
Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 9:00 AM LOB 201-203

HB685 Prohibiting enforcement of future Federal Gun laws (Support) http://www.shallnot.org/legislation
Public Hearing: 2/19/2015 2:00 PM LOB 201-203

These are important hearings and there is more work to be done on the house side to pass this.

-design

This

2/19 is a day that everyone needs to find a way of taking off and showing up in concord

I would imagine all three of my Republican reps will be voting the affirmative.

Design, who's on the fence on this? Any Dems considering breaking away from Shurtleff? I'll all them to my CC list.

Email sent to my reps. All of them are Republican.

Dear Representatives,

Please vote in support of HB582 / SB116 tomorrow. This is welcomed, common-sense legislation that simplifies New Hampshire's Pistol & Revolver licensing process.

I personally never understood why a non-prohibited person carrying a loaded handgun is allowed to carry openly without a license but as soon as it's covered by a coat or t-shirt or they enter a motor vehicle, a Pistol & Revolver license is then required for that person to remain in good standing with the law.

If HB582 / SB116 entered into law, many residents such as myself would continue to apply for an acquire a Pistol & Revolver license for the benefits it conveys - but nobody should have to wait for up to two weeks to be allowed to exercise their Constitutionally-guaranteed rights much less pay to pay for them.

We banned poll taxes for a reason. Let's effectively ban this neo-poll tax.

Thank you for your consideration and time.
​​
Regards,

This should come as no surprise to anyone but the DoS is lying.

View attachment 2016B01_budget_book_Agency.pdf

This is page 1494 from the Agency Budget Submission for the 2016-2017 New Hampshire Budget shared for everyone in PDF format. Please include it in your testimony. As you can see looking at the numbers, the Department of Safety and the fiscal note are full of crap.

Estimated source of funds was $235,046, $268,399, $383,106, $385,125 for years 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 respectively.

None of these numbers is even close to the $900,000 loss the DoS claims they will see if this bill is passed. Even if you add the numbers from each fiscal year together for a biennium, you still are short by several hundred thousand dollars and the DoS was explicit in the fiscal note and testimony that the $900,000 loss was annual.

Here for the HB650 hearing. Sponsor Kathy Rogers speaking and now answering questions. Oh God she is an attorney.

Just got ambushed in the hallway by Rep. Laura Pantelakos (d) over my position of being against the background check bill. Apparently according to her I don't care about children according to her.

Kimberly Morin speaking now.

Just got ambushed in the hallway by Rep. Laura Pantelakos (d) over my position of being against the background check bill. Apparently according to her I don't care about children according to her.

**** her.

thank you for being there, wish i was there rather than my desk.

Surprised she felt safe approaching an armed gun nut.

Surprised she felt safe approaching an armed gun nut.

right? the streets could have run red with blood!

soloman you god damn MONSTER!!!

She complained that there was a guy who testified at a previous hearing and mentioned he was carrying and that if he wanted he could shoot everyone. She said she thought he was a nut and was afraid. The funny part of this is that I am carrying. In my head I was laughing "if you only knew lol"

- - - Updated - - -

People are still testifying on HB650. We are definitely running over.

Oh God. Sgt Haggerty speaking now on hb650

- - - Updated - - -

Department of Safety is officially supporting the background check bill.

- - - Updated - - -

WMUR has been recording and now NH1 is here and recording.

She complained that there was a guy who testified at a previous hearing and mentioned he was carrying and that if he wanted he could shoot everyone. She said she thought he was a nut and was afraid. The funny part of this is that I am carrying. In my head I was laughing "if you only knew lol"

- - - Updated - - -

People are still testifying on HB650. We are definitely running over.

Astounding that she thinks the mere presence of a firearm causes people to go insane.

Thanks for going! I've got several designs to review and send out today so I can't make it...

Chief Andrew Shagoury is here probably to testify against HB 582. Looks like my "has blix" email to the selectmen was heard as he is wearing a suit and not his police uniform.

Chief Andrew Shagoury is here probably to testify against HB 582. Looks like my "has blix" email to the selectmen was heard as he is wearing a suit and not his police uniform.

From their site: The primary mission of the Tuftonboro Police Department is to provide impartial and professional law enforcement services with an emphasis on working with our community to minimize the fear of crime and protect life and property.

If that's the case, shouldn't Chief Andrew Shagoury support HB 582?

Back
Top Bottom