NH Alert: SB116. Still on the Gov's desk. ***Vetoed***

Finally!!!!!!! Penny Dean is the last speaker!!!! Soon we will get to talk about HB582! Only about 1.5 hours after it was supposed to start. I bet the committee will recess for lunch before they take up the next bill, hb582.

There is still time for you come and testify. You can even stop in and fill out the sheet that says you support the bill but are not speaking.

Imagine, the AG wanting not to get rid of any laws. Sounds like a conflict of interest.

This type of executive branch leading the legislative branch around by the nose is exactly why there is supposed to be a separation of powers. If the legislature just does what the executive branch wants there is no reason to separate them.

Some anti from Portsmouth speaking. She "feels safe" knowing that people cannot carry without a permit. Obviously she doesn't know people can open carry without a license.

Some anti from Portsmouth speaking. She "feels safe" knowing that people cannot carry without a permit. Obviously she doesn't know people can open carry without a license.

I always feel conflicted here. One part of me wants to tell her how ignorant she, and that people can open carry without a permit, and she's been perfectly safe to date. The other part of me doesn't want to give her a cause for further legislation to attempt to regulate open carry.

It's funny really. In Texas they are all talking about allowing open carry, and the argument from many people is that open carry is sooooo much more dangerous than the concealed carry that they already have because people will be able to see the scary guns!

It's funny really. In Texas they are all talking about allowing open carry, and the argument from many people is that open carry is sooooo much more dangerous than the concealed carry that they already have because people will be able to see the scary guns!

Drives me nuts how the going perception is that Texas is somehow the gun state, and there are basically no gun laws there. In fact Texas is worse off than many states, including some which are blue and grey.

Sounds like there are more anti's there than the Senate hearing.

Ms Hawkins was a totally uninspiring speaker last time - she just read her statement full of BS.

There have been more supporters here.

The chair admonished Zandra for reading directly from her written testimony lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Public speaking is a huge problem for me, so my hat is off to you!

I was still nervous as I am not a public speaker. I don't think my voice was quivering though.

AG office testifying against hb582 as an official position.

Yes but her testimony and the positions of several law enforcement were decimated by subsequent testimony pointing out that the nh license does not convey legal ownership

not to mention that law enforcement and the ag office seem to be completely incapable of refraining from calling the license a "permit"

She did and dies support it. Unequivocally.

I finally testified. I cut it down to three points. My written testimony was 900 words.

Ian freemen talking about Derek J getting denied.

I don't doubt that. My point was you can argue whether or not her actions/"speeches" help or hinder our causes.

Thank you very much for updating us via this thread. I especially would like to thank you for being at the statehouse today and testifying.

This has been the most relevant and timely information on the hearing available anywhere. Unlike the senate vote, Im unable to find any type of streaming recording or video of this hearing as I had hoped I would be able to. Please update us at your leisure I really want to know how this goes.

Thank you very much for updating us via this thread. I especially would like to thank you for being at the statehouse today and testifying. This has been the most relevant and timely information on the hearing available anywhere. Unlike the senate vote, Im unable to find any type of streaming recording or video of this hearing as I had hoped I would be able to. Please update us at your leisure I really want to know how this goes.

Are you the Dan Garand from Exeter, NH (or formally from Exeter)? I remember your case if you are.

Thank you very much for updating us via this thread. I especially would like to thank you for being at the statehouse today and testifying.

This has been the most relevant and timely information on the hearing available anywhere. Unlike the senate vote, Im unable to find any type of streaming recording or video of this hearing as I had hoped I would be able to. Please update us at your leisure I really want to know how this goes.

There were two people who were recording. One person had to leave partway through and the other person, Ian Freeman, came in the middle so between those two we should have the whole hearing recorded. When they are posted online I will post links here

Are you the Dan Garand from Exeter, NH (or formally from Exeter)? I remember your case if you are.

Yes I am, hence this bill being of exceptional importance to me. It seems this bill is very much intended as a remedy to cases exactly like mine (Denial from local police chief with no criminal record).

Back
Top Bottom