NH Alert: SB116. Still on the Gov's desk. ***Vetoed***

I have no information on this. The possibilities are so exciting that I'm afraid to realistically consider them.

I plan on contacting the secretary of state office on Monday to see if they can provide any info on this.

She probably signed the veto at 11:59 in her klan robes standing in the middle of a pentagram with burning American flags all around.

Then she'll claim "it's for the children"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

While I'm from MA and admittedly know little about NH politics (would love to live there and learn more, but I digress), I'm surprised she didn't give all of you the basic middle finger, say "screw you I'll do it my way" and veto anything pro-2A...but do it, say, on this past Thursday late afternoon, when three quarters of your state was in traffic or hitching the boats and trailers to the pickup for a long weekend getaway. Then have the state be in such a vacation and/or hangover mode and "slow news period" for a week and a half, returning to life and work on July 13 to discover that she'd screwed you over. But calls to her office that day back from your collective vacations are answered by an intern, since Hassan will now be "on vacation" until, oh, July 27th or so.. at which point (hopefully) this issue has died down and/or there's been a hurricane, other natural disaster, major terrorist incident, whatever. Anything to divert public attention and take the heat off of her and how she screwed you.

Cuz after all, she is from Massachusetts, yes? And therefore that's exactly how she would've been "educated" in the ways of handling these type of issues. Duck, dodge, hide, and hope it all goes away. Always act when fewest are watching. Put out bad news late on Fridays or the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, etc etc.

If she does it the "right way" and screws you over on Monday morning, then absorbs the heat the media grilling and public outcry? If she stands up for her decision with guts, personal honor and dignity?

I'd have state police investigators re-examine her resume with a fine tooth comb, cuz obviously she lied about her upbringing and ain't from the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts, cuz that's exactly how any MA bred politician would've handled this sensitive issue - by crawling under a rock like a gutless, slithering snake!
Just sayin'.

And just sayin' a sincere good luck and hope she does right by NH gun owners this week.

;-)

Last edited:
Nothing's happening until next week. Stop dreaming about this "passing without action" over the weekend.

Concord Monitor, 4 Jul

Concealed carry

Hassan has already pledged to veto a bill that would effectively allow anyone who can legally own a gun to carry it concealed without a state-issued license. Under existing law, people need to get a license from local officials to carry a loaded gun concealed beneath a coat or in a handbag.

The Republican-backed bill drew heavy debate this year. Supporters said it would make the state safer and uphold second amendment rights, while opponents argue the license process is necessary to keep dangerous or unstable people from carrying concealed firearms.

The bill is on her desk and she will likely take action in the coming week.

Portland Press Herald, 4 Jul

CONCORD, N.H. — New Hampshire’s gun laws are likely to be the center of debate next week as Gov. Maggie Hassan takes action on a bill that would make it easier for people to carry concealed guns. She has said she’ll veto it.

I'm all for optimism, but she's already staked out her turf on this. If you think there's any chance she's not going to veto, in a nice public ceremony, you're whistling past the graveyard.

We were told that the bill was on her desk on Monday or Tuesday. Is there a Time Date stamp used for such business? If so, It would seem that she has run out of time to play games with that bill. Yeah, She will say that Saturday was a National Holiday so she gets an extra day.

So which way is going to be?

What needs to be done is find out the exact times and dates of when it was on her desk, and then find out exactly when the 5 days is up. All of this guessing does no good for anyone. Once that is done and if she runs past the time allowed under NH law, take the state to court and demand that the laws of this state be followed.

Can she make changes and then send it back, thereby extending her time to sign, veto or whatever?

Can she make changes and then send it back, thereby extending her time to sign, veto or whatever?
No. 3 options.

• Sign. Bill becomes law.
  • Veto. Bill is returned to the Senate, veto can be overridden with 2/3 vote from both houses.
  • Ignore. After 5 days the bill becomes law (because Congress has not adjourned).

Wow, I'm now following this and reading more about it (and Hassan) and this all sounds eerily like the state where I am from and "proud" to call home.. [puke]

How the hell did a broad from Brown Univ, Northeastern Univ, Lincoln-Sudbury High (translation to a MA native = Liberal Commies Mom and Dad moved to the burbs from Cambridge or some other wingnut red town and took their wingnut politics out along Route 2, where they could listen to Livingston Taylor at the concerts in the park, and talk about the "bad guns" in our country blah-blah, raising like-minded brats who grew up to save the world by driving to a Mom's Against meeting in their Lexus or Prius .....

How in the hell did you end up with her as leader of the "Live Free or Die" state? It just all sounds like..... my "home" state.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm now following this and reading more about it (and Hassan) and this all sounds eerily like the state where I am from and "proud" to call home.. (I'm on my smartphone tapatalk app and can't insert the "puke" icon..)
How the hell did a broad from Brown Univ, Northeastern Univ, Lincoln-Sudbury High (translation to a MA native = Liberal Commies Mom and Dad moved to the burbs from Cambridge or some other wingnut red town and took their wingnut politics out along Route 2, where they could listen to Livingston Taylor at the concerts in the park, and talk about the "bad guns" in our country blah-blah, raising like-minded brats who grew up to save the world by driving to a Mom's Against meeting in their Lexus or Prius .....

How in the hell did you end up with her as leader of the "Live Free or Die" state? It just all sounds like..... my "home" state.
Simple....low information voters as well as people (mostly college students) that don't "really" live here get to vote after NH changed the meaning of the two words "domecile and resident".

Lynch, before her was from Waltham, And Shaheen is also another one who was "from away".

- - - Updated - - -

Why in the hell do you think that Maggot HorseShit is against the 30 day voter registration.
Yup...and with the recent US Supreme court "decision" on voting rights, it's going to get worse.

No. 3 options.

• Sign. Bill becomes law.
  • Veto. Bill is returned to the Senate, veto can be overridden with 2/3 vote from both houses.
  • Ignore. After 5 days the bill becomes law (because Congress has not adjourned).
Ok thanks...I was pretty sure that's how it worked...I wasn't sure if there was some obscure law she was using...it wouldn't have surprised me.

The biggest "unknown" is when that 5-day started. I think most thought the clock started last Monday. However, the holiday and weekend don't "count" so the timeout, based again on last Monday is either EOB this Monday or Tuesday.

The biggest "unknown" is when that 5-day started. I think most thought the clock started last Monday. However, the holiday and weekend don't "count" so the timeout, based again on last Monday is either EOB this Monday or Tuesday.
I believe that holidays and Saturdays do count. Only Sundays don't count.

I know it's wishful thinking but wouldn't it be interesting if the Magster didn't realize this and she missed the veto boat...like I said, wishful thinking.

Last edited:
I believe that holidays and Saturdays do count. Only Sundays don't count.

I know it's wishful thinking but wouldn't it be interesting if the Magster didn't realize this and she missed the veto boat...like I said, wishful thinking.

And that is exactly why the firearm organizations in NH need to be ready to haul her ass into court over it. No playing games or playing nice. That will get us nowhere.

Simple....low information voters as well as people (mostly college students) that don't "really" live here get to vote after NH changed the meaning of the two words "domecile and resident".

Not all college students who move to NH for college are Mass liberals. Some of us are trying to escape the Iron Curtain.

Someone previously posted the text of the rule and it only exempted Sunday. If it was on her desk Mon. Or Tues. Then the 5 days are over.

Guys,
Regardless of how you count it (Which is day one and does the 4th count or not), we are in at least day 4 of the Governor not vetoing the bill. Let's make Monday count and keep up the calls.

Only a communist would veto a Constitution Carry bill the first Business day after Independence day weekend..

Guys,
Regardless of how you count it (Which is day one and does the 4th count or not), we are in at least day 4 of the Governor not vetoing the bill. Let's make Monday count and keep up the calls.

Only a communist would veto a Constitution Carry bill the first Business day after Independence day weekend..
you seem to be in the know a bit more than the rest. Is it recorded somewhere when the bill hit her desk?

doesnt directly affect me my non res permit showed up a couple weeks ago but am still curious

Last edited:
Not all college students who move to NH for college are Mass liberals. Some of us are trying to escape the Iron Curtain.

You are correct but the conservative vs lib progressive student ratio is so small it could be called almost infinitesimal.

you seem to be in the know a bit more than the rest. Is it recorded somewhere when the bill hit her desk?

doesnt directly affect me my non res permit showed up a couple weeks ago but am still curious

No, this information does not show up on the Docket. We do know that by Close of Business Tuesday the Bill was on her desk.

Actually, this bill does effect you, although the effect is 4 years from now. (No more $100) licenses unless you want one for another state.

-Design

Well, if there's no way to officially tell if she got the bill, or when, then she could just tell us she got it Thursday. How could we prove her wrong?

Back
Top Bottom