NH alert: Constitutional Carry, SB116, TODAY!, 1pm NH House

KBCraig

NES Member
This is a great bill. It eliminates the requirement for a license to carry concealed, or to carry a loaded handgun in a car, but keeps the licensing system in place. It clarifies that anyone not prohibited by state or federal law from owning or possessing a firearm, shall be licensed. It extends the license term to 5 years. It bans the use of any other forms, or requiring any other information.

The state police object because they will lose revenue from out-of-state licenses.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2015/SB0116.html

Oh, and as for the objections about lost revenue, they should support restoring the fee to $20, like it used to be. People all over the country collected the NH non-resident card just because it was cheap, gained them a few states, and served as a backup should something happen to their resident license.

When they raised the fee to $100, a lot of people said "screw it", and didn't renew.

I'd like to see the actual numbers.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Interesting that Sen. Boutin is a sponsor, given rumors about this issue in the NH Legislature previously.

Are there any known "sticky points" with any of the committee members that should be addressed (or stayed away from) that we are aware of?

How is JR Hoell a sponsor of a Senate Bill?

I wonder if he submits it via his senator (whoever that is) and because he holds public office, it mentions him by name instead of the "sponsored by constituent" bit. Not sure how it works in NH.

-Mike

Hopefully, if by some miracle this makes it through both houses of the state legislature, there is enough support for what is certain to be a Hassan veto to be over-ridden. [thinking]

Maybe she will veto it. Maybe she won't. She does not need to sign it for it to become law. Lynch did the same thing with the gay marriage law. He didn't sign or veto it thus allowing it to become law giving him a way to not be attacked on the issue by either side.

How said he (Hoell) was?

ETA: I just noticed it on the "New Hampshire General Court - Bill Status System". Now I'm really confused.

Since it is a senate bill the prime sponsor has to be a senator (it is, Bradley) however any house representative can sign on as a co-sponsor which JR did. THe same is true in the House just reverses, only a house member can be the prime sponsor and then anyone, house or senate can co sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom