NH alert: Constitutional Carry, SB116, TODAY!, 1pm NH House

The senate voted along party lines (R's for D's against). There are more R's in the house than D's, but the R side is a bit "weird" this year. I wouldn't take the fact that there are more R's as any sort of "guarantee".

The senate voted along party lines (R's for D's against). There are more R's in the house than D's, but the R side is a bit "weird" this year. I wouldn't take the fact that there are more R's as any sort of "guarantee".

That's why the committee is so important. Hammer the committee. Show up and testify. That is the most important part. Seriously, take the day off or change your schedule to come into work late but do everything possible to be there. Especially in the House. We don't know what Jasper sold his soul on.

Last edited:
Is there a recording of what was spoken in the Senate session? I would be interested in hearing it.

I would think so since it was streaming but I don't know for sure or where to find it. I've asked on FB. When I find out I'll post here.

Is there a recording of what was spoken in the Senate session? I would be interested in hearing it.

You can find the committee hearing at http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bil...=&txtsessionyear=2015&txtbillnumber=sb116&q=1
I don't know if the full senate part gets posted, and if it does, it isn't up yet.

I would think so since it was streaming but I don't know for sure or where to find it. I've asked on FB. When I find out I'll post here.

Found it. You should only need to listen to the morning session. Unfortunately it is only audio but better than nothing.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/Senate/Media/Session_Media.aspx

I'm planning on going up again for this. I suck at public speaking, but I don't mind submitting something in writing when I get there.

Is LOB 201-203 the room number?

Last time I got a nice little parking tax for not going out and renewing the meter. Does anyone know of a better place to park where you don't have to keep going out to renew your ticket?

there are a few D's who are really Libertarian and should vote for freedom

Parking garage between School and Warren streets. https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...1s0x89e26a92a1e8516b:0x2e5b711454eb2622?hl=en

Yes, LOB 201-203 is the room number, but I expect this will be moved (just based on the # of people who might show up).

Just in case (meaning I don't think I was clear)

LOB means Legislative Office Building. The building "behind" (to the west of) the State House. https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...1s0x0000000000000000:0x2f5e9e9fe043afd7?hl=en

I sent a thank you email to Senator Bradley. He did a great job standing up for our rights.

Praise him for the few good bills he's sponsored but never forget that he was a primary sponsor of the obamacare/medicaid debaucle that they foisted on us last year......iirc he had a hand in or supported the gas tax hike as well

- - - Updated - - -

Why is that? I'm in full support of this bill, but I can't see what Maggie loses by vetoing.

Hassan will be forever labeled as anti 2a if she vetos it

She's currently largely avoiding the issue because she aspires to higher office.......

Video of the senate session is up:

[video=youtube_share;Qi3uH0BoP74]http://youtu.be/Qi3uH0BoP74[/video]

Praise him for the few good bills he's sponsored but never forget that he was a primary sponsor of the obamacare/medicaid debaucle that they foisted on us last year......iirc he had a hand in or supported the gas tax hike as well

- - - Updated - - -

Hassan will be forever labeled as anti 2a if she vetos it

She's currently largely avoiding the issue because she aspires to higher office.......

I totally forgot...

Senate session to vote on passage of SB116.

Warning: do not play a drinking game based on the opposition saying "common sense" or "reasonable"; if you do, you'll be headed for the emergency room after 15 minutes.

Timeline, for the TL;DW people who want to skip to the highlights:

1:45 Carson moves Ought To Pass and speaks in favor
4:40 Pierce speaks in opposition
14:05 Watters question for Pierce, with response
15:00 Fuller Clark follows up Watters' questions to Pierce, with response
20:35 Hosmer question for Pierce, with response (re: women's rights)
23:00 Carson question for Pierce, with response
24:20 Lasky speaks in opposition (and confuses NICS with a popular TV crime drama)
28:20 Pierce question for Lasky, with response (re: reciprocity, with no clear examples given)
29:35 Sanborn question for Lasky, with response
32:20 Woodburn speaks in opposition
37:10 Feltes question for Woodburn, with response
37:40 Bradley speaks in favor; gets to real meat of issue
42:15 Lasky question for Bradley (with a total lack of irony, asks why it is more dangerous to see "it" than not see it if concealed)
43:10 Pierce question for Bradley, with response (Bradley was impatient and irritated as if dealing with a stubborn and slow child)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom