• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA SBR engraving in Mass

I haven't heard back from him yet... I'll wait a couple more days to give him time. Thanks!

I know it's a clip for you, but Nitor in Southwick does fantastic work. I just had a lower engraved there and the service was great. He does a lot of engraving for Savage, but if you give him a call, he will engrave while you wait. And they're open on Saturdays. Plus there's a gun shop attached (A-10 Arms) Great guys...

http://nitorlaser.com

I know it's a clip for you, but Nitor in Southwick does fantastic work. I just had a lower engraved there and the service was great. He does a lot of engraving for Savage, but if you give him a call, he will engrave while you wait. And they're open on Saturdays. Plus there's a gun shop attached (A-10 Arms) Great guys...

100% +1 on this place, had them engrave a lower with trust info for me and it came out great. did it the same day while i waited, in and out 25 minutes and cost me a jackson. like mark said give them a call set up a time and you'll be in and out. i was amazed talking to them the amount of engraving work they do for such a vast amount of industries. but especially how many people in the gun community they engrave for.

100% +1 on this place, had them engrave a lower with trust info for me and it came out great. did it the same day while i waited, in and out 25 minutes and cost me a jackson. like mark said give them a call set up a time and you'll be in and out. i was amazed talking to them the amount of engraving work they do for such a vast amount of industries. but especially how many people in the gun community they engrave for.

Plus, you can stop at Mrs Murphys for donuts.. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion! It is definitely a good ways from where I am... but if none of the nearby places work out, I'll be giving them a call.

Thanks for the suggestion! It is definitely a good ways from where I am... but if none of the nearby places work out, I'll be giving them a call.

If I owned the place I would come in on Saturday and take care of it for you. Unfortunately I don't. If we could get a few people who need some engraving done and want to meet here on a Saturday morning that could possibly work though.

(Jack's Machine speaking here)

If I owned the place I would come in on Saturday and take care of it for you. Unfortunately I don't. If we could get a few people who need some engraving done and want to meet here on a Saturday morning that could possibly work though.

(Jack's Machine speaking here)

Thanks!! I'm down for meeting up with a few people on a Saturday morning if we can make that happen. A Note: I have 2 lowers to engrave so maybe that counts as 2 people? [smile]

Well everyone ask your friends then! Not sure if this Saturday is doable, it's pretty short notice, would like to get as many people as possible. I hate working Saturdays so I'd like to keep it to a minimum [smile]

wdevine - we should create a new thread for this, yeah? Just so we don't hijack this one. And more people may see the new thread?

wdevine - we should create a new thread for this, yeah? Just so we don't hijack this one. And more people may see the new thread?

Go for it. I'm bad at forum-ing.

Also need to talk to the boss, but if we get some people I'm sure we can reduce the price of the engraving.

Might also be a good time for people who have been thinking about getting any non-SBR engraving done, too.

Last edited:
Has anyone used Harry at GNW Laser in Woburn? Im about to set up an appt with him but first wanted to see if anyone would comment on his work.

Has anyone used Harry at GNW Laser in Woburn? Im about to set up an appt with him but first wanted to see if anyone would comment on his work.

I have used him on several sbr's. Also had him do some custom engraving here is a picture of one. image.jpg

Just got back from GNW International (lower engraving). Harry is a real nice guy, double and triple checks his work, and seems to genuinely appreciate 'us' as customers. He'll be my go-to engraver for a few upcoming projects.

I was there too. I arrived while he was finishing up with one customer and another arrived as I was leaving.

Sorry to hear about Intergity Laser, although he was getting pretty pricey.

Wicked Weaponry in Hooksett also does NFA engraving.

I gave up on looking for a local place, and just sent my last two SBR's and Form 1 cans to Tar Heel State Firearms. They're fast, cheap, and good. I just couldn't find that hat-trick locally.

In order to put some time perspective into all of this, I put 2 lowers and 4 suppressor tubes into the mail on Saturday, Mar 26, and they shipped back to me today, 29 Mar. I'll have them in my hands Thursday, 31 Mar. That kind of turn-around puts a whole new light on how long I want to wait for a local engraver to get to my stuff.

Work and life has been killing me with a lack of free time to take a drive and get the engraving done - so following ScottS' advice, I sent it to Tar Heel State Firearms.

Super-fast turnaround - don't know if this is typical - sent it UPS ground on Wednesday afternoon last week, got to THSF Friday afternoon. They either did the engraving Friday evening or early Saturday, because I got an email that the engraving was done and being shipped back to me by USPS priority mail at 11:15 on Saturday. It actually was just delivered about an hour or so ago (Monday). Even if it took another day or two for shipping and job scheduling, that would still be super fast and way ahead of my expectations

Cost was $35 for the engraving and $15 flat fee for them to ship back to me - I spent ~$14 to ship it UPS to them - so total of about $65.

Engraving was done in the trigger area on a closed lower - thought it game out awesome. Definitely going to use them for the next set I need to send out.

Engraving.jpg

Last edited:
My weekend plans changed so I couldn't make the potential Jack's Machine Shop get together this coming Saturday... so I gave Harry at GNW Laser a call and he was able to meet me after work yesterday (I wanted to get my lowers engraved sooner than later). He did a great job on my 2 lowers... I'd definitely recommend him to anyone in the area. He's flexible with his schedule during the week and is also open on the weekends.

Last edited:
Just got back from GNW International (lower engraving). Harry is a real nice guy, double and triple checks his work, and seems to genuinely appreciate 'us' as customers. He'll be my go-to engraver for a few upcoming projects.

Harry at GNW International will be my go-to engraver as well. Quality work done quickly. He's not a shooter but understands the NFA engraving requirements.
Another two great reasons... he's open on Saturdays and he only charged me $30.

Just want to post up in here, as in the past few months I've probably done like 30 SBR engravings (and a custom logo thing) for guys on here. Looks like someone coming on Friday for 2 lowers, too.

Just want to post up in here, as in the past few months I've probably done like 30 SBR engravings (and a custom logo thing) for guys on here. Looks like someone coming on Friday for 2 lowers, too.
Can you do the engraving on plastic, like the Scorpion Evo?

Just have Ben do it.

I do have a laser and and Cnc engraver I can use . The problem is normally it needs to be in metal . Look at most polymer guns they have a metal plate with the serial number . I thought nfa stuff was the same .

Matt
Find out what other evo owners have done.

If it don't need to be on metal I can help you out Matt but it would be a late night thing .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom