NFA SBR engraving in Mass

JACKS DID MY ENGRAVING TODAY ON MY MP5 CLONE (DJ GETZ 94). VERY PROFESSIONAL AND THE BEST TO DEAL WITH. BILL WAS GREAT AND VERY INFORMATIVE. WILL BE DOING MY NEXT AR LOWER 10.5 INCH. $65 DOLLARS IN AND OUT IN 20 MINUTES. VERY PROFESSIONAL. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I was just wondering where you had it engraved? I too have one of Dave's clones and I have my stamp an just need to find the time to get it engraved and was trying to find a good spot. I has been contemplating doing where a collapsible stock rails go but was wondering where most people put it.

I was just wondering where you had it engraved? I too have one of Dave's clones and I have my stamp an just need to find the time to get it engraved and was trying to find a good spot. I has been contemplating doing where a collapsible stock rails go but was wondering where most people put it.

I marked it on the front of the magwell, running vertically. His trust name was short enough that there was just enough room for it.

I marked it on the front of the magwell, running vertically. His trust name was short enough that there was just enough room for it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure my trust name will fit there as it is 3 words with a total of 15 letters and 2 spaces. I just have to get off my butt and get it done one of these days.

I just had my MP5 clone engraved by Integrity Laser, Inc. in Nashua, NH. I contacted the owner Jeff via email and setup a visit on Friday morning. The engraving was done while I waited (and watched). It came out great and the cost was $90. Unlike the online places (typically around $60 - $70) I didn't have to wait and there was no shipping charge back and forth. Great value and excellent job!

Has anyone else used these guys? I am hoping to get my lower done soon as I figure I am about halfway into my approval wait. I am right in Nashua so it would be ultra convenient for me. I know it's not mass, so not sure if it should be in this thread or not, but figured it was pretty much the same topic.

Has anyone else used these guys? I am hoping to get my lower done soon as I figure I am about halfway into my approval wait. I am right in Nashua so it would be ultra convenient for me. I know it's not mass, so not sure if it should be in this thread or not, but figured it was pretty much the same topic.

I used Integrity Laser for my engraving. They are a little on the pricey side but Jeff did a great job. He'll engrave your info wherever you want it. You might want to call and double check if they are still in Nashua. He was planning to move his shop to Merrimack, NH.

I e-mailed him and he is now in Merrimack. I'll be getting it done in a couple weeks, he said he usually does it on Saturdays and I've got a couple of commitments the next few weeks.

Is there anything that states that they have to be all capital letters? I always thought it was just .003 deep and 1/16th of an inch tall.

Is there anything that states that they have to be all capital letters? I always thought it was just .003 deep and 1/16th of an inch tall.

Not as far as I know, but when you start using uppercase and lowercase, some of the letters are going to be below .062" unless you essentially double the size of the letters.

Another plug for Jack's Machine Shop and for wdevine personally. Rode up yesterday to have some metal engraved. It was a pleasure meeting him, and he did an absolutely splendid job.

Mass traffic sux.

Did an HK, and several AK's at Jacks. Bill and the team are always a pleasure to work with. Can't beat laser engraving while you wait.

I'll be back. Not only were they super accommodating to me when I called and said "Hey, I want to bring by my receiver in 10 minutes for a quick engraving, can you squeeze me in?" they didn't hesitate. Engraving was done in less than 10 minutes, it took longer to position and stabilize the receiver. In hindsight, I should have brought the receiver for engraving before I assembled it.

I'll be back. Not only were they super accommodating to me when I called and said "Hey, I want to bring by my receiver in 10 minutes for a quick engraving, can you squeeze me in?" they didn't hesitate. Engraving was done in less than 10 minutes, it took longer to position and stabilize the receiver. In hindsight, I should have brought the receiver for engraving before I assembled it.

unfggg. i'm jealous of this right here.

if you want to know why, go read my umlaut thread. [rofl]

Can you guys engrave curved surfaces, like a pipe? I'm thinking of a CZ-26 build.

We can engrave down the length of it, no problem.

If you want to engrave around the diameter, we can do it to a limited extent. We don't have any kind of rotary tooling, so we can only engrave around the piece so far before the laser loses focus.

Whoa, my inbox has been blowing up all day with questions about the engraving, so I'll just post the details here again for anyone who has questions.

Our shop-

Jack's Machine Co
162 Industrial Blvd, Unit 2b
Hanson, MA 02341
(781)447-9264
www.jacksmachine.com

Hours: 7-5, Mon-Fri

When you call, ask for Mike or Bill (I'm Bill)

We're not an FFL so if you want something done, you need come by with whatever you want done and wait for it. It usually never takes more than a half hour. You can watch while I do the work and let me know what you want for engraving, location, etc.

As we're a regular job shop, you want to call ahead (the day before at the latest would be great), to make sure the laser is available and that I'm not on vacation or something.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the engraving isn't limited to just SBR markings, we can do any kind of text, logos, etc on all sorts of metals. For the SBR engraving we are charging $65 for the first one, and $60 each for any more subsequent ones you bring at the same time. The cost for any other engraving would have to be figured out on a case by case basis.

I think that covers everything. On a personal note, I just want to say that this stuff isn't really a money maker for us, I just figured I could help out some local guys get their guns engraved if I could. I actually sold my last pistol a couple years ago and haven't had anything since, but still want to help out other gun people.
I posted this way back in the middle of the thread somewhere, just gonna quote myself so more people may see it.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Yesterday (Friday) I took my UZI SBR to Jack's for engraving. It was a very long ride from where I live to Hanson but well worth the trip. Thanks Bill for doing an outstanding job!

Fast service
Fair price
Fine workmanship
Very friendly folks

Here is their info again:

Jack's Machine Co
Hanson, MA 02341
(781)447-9264
www.jacksmachine.com

When you call, ask for Mike or Bill

Yesterday (Friday) I took my UZI SBR to Jack's for engraving. It was a very long ride from where I live to Hanson but well worth the trip. Thanks Bill for doing an outstanding job!

Fast service
Fair price
Fine workmanship
Very friendly folks

Here is their info again:

Jack's Machine Co
Hanson, MA 02341
(781)447-9264
www.jacksmachine.com

When you call, ask for Mike or Bill
Model a or b? I had a model b sbr SBR for a while. Fun gun...

Orion arms didn't think it was a problem. Gun has since been sold to zero hour arms and is for sale in his store in Easton ma. I think he is asking $5500 for it.

I got really bored with 9mm subguns

Back
Top Bottom