NFA SBR engraving in Mass

View attachment 121834
This may be a silly detail, but my work has a Dot marking machine. Would these be acceptable if they met the size and depth requirements? Basically is there some verbiage that I am not seeing that requires a solid line for the font.

IANAL but don't the import markings for a lot of guns end up looking like that? I'm looking at you, CAI.

Nodak does that with their receivers. Early ones had big dot spacing, newer ones have tight spacing (see pic)

NDS%20AK-74%20markings%20web.JPG

I just had my MP5 clone engraved by Integrity Laser, Inc. in Nashua, NH. I contacted the owner Jeff via email and setup a visit on Friday morning. The engraving was done while I waited (and watched). It came out great and the cost was $90. Unlike the online places (typically around $60 - $70) I didn't have to wait and there was no shipping charge back and forth. Great value and excellent job!

I just had my MP5 clone engraved by Integrity Laser, Inc. in Nashua, NH. I contacted the owner Jeff via email and setup a visit on Friday morning. The engraving was done while I waited (and watched). It came out great and the cost was $90. Unlike the online places (typically around $60 - $70) I didn't have to wait and there was no shipping charge back and forth. Great value and excellent job!

Nice. Where did you put it? I'm hoping my form 1 is in between Christmas and New Years and I'm hoping to get it done then.

It's a coharie clone, I don't know what length. I was thinking just buying a three lug flash from H&K parts

We've probably done 8 or so SBR engravings since mid December. Just want to bump the thread in case anyone else might be looking to get this done!

Went on Monday to get my engraving done. Super fast service! Definitely beats shipping it out to someone out of state and waiting weeks for it to return!

I went to Jack's Machine Shop for 2 guns last week and it came out awesome on steel and aluminum. I'm getting the steel gun back this Saturday and I'll try to get nice pics of it

Whoa, my inbox has been blowing up all day with questions about the engraving, so I'll just post the details here again for anyone who has questions.

Our shop-

Jack's Machine Co
162 Industrial Blvd, Unit 2b
Hanson, MA 02341
(781)447-9264
www.jacksmachine.com

Hours: 7-5, Mon-Fri

When you call, ask for Mike or Bill (I'm Bill)

We're not an FFL so if you want something done, you need come by with whatever you want done and wait for it. It usually never takes more than a half hour. You can watch while I do the work and let me know what you want for engraving, location, etc.

As we're a regular job shop, you want to call ahead (the day before at the latest would be great), to make sure the laser is available and that I'm not on vacation or something.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the engraving isn't limited to just SBR markings, we can do any kind of text, logos, etc on all sorts of metals. For the SBR engraving we are charging $65 for the first one, and $60 each for any more subsequent ones you bring at the same time. The cost for any other engraving would have to be figured out on a case by case basis.

I think that covers everything. On a personal note, I just want to say that this stuff isn't really a money maker for us, I just figured I could help out some local guys get their guns engraved if I could. I actually sold my last pistol a couple years ago and haven't had anything since, but still want to help out other gun people.

Whoa, my inbox has been blowing up all day with questions about the engraving, so I'll just post the details here again for anyone who has questions.

Our shop-

Jack's Machine Co
162 Industrial Blvd, Unit 2b
Hanson, MA 02341
(781)447-9264
www.jacksmachine.com

Hours: 7-5, Mon-Fri

When you call, ask for Mike or Bill (I'm Bill)

We're not an FFL so if you want something done, you need come by with whatever you want done and wait for it. It usually never takes more than a half hour. You can watch while I do the work and let me know what you want for engraving, location, etc.

As we're a regular job shop, you want to call ahead (the day before at the latest would be great), to make sure the laser is available and that I'm not on vacation or something.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the engraving isn't limited to just SBR markings, we can do any kind of text, logos, etc on all sorts of metals. For the SBR engraving we are charging $65 for the first one, and $60 each for any more subsequent ones you bring at the same time. The cost for any other engraving would have to be figured out on a case by case basis.

I think that covers everything. On a personal note, I just want to say that this stuff isn't really a money maker for us, I just figured I could help out some local guys get their guns engraved if I could. I actually sold my last pistol a couple years ago and haven't had anything since, but still want to help out other gun people.
Thanks for the help with the lower today Bill. Will get a picture up this weekend.

As far as the engraving goes, is there anything saying that the name of the trust has to all be on the same line? I filed mine under my full name followed by REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST. Is there any reason I can't do my full name on one line, REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST below it, followed by Agawam, MA below that?

As far as the engraving goes, is there anything saying that the name of the trust has to all be on the same line? I filed mine under my full name followed by REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST. Is there any reason I can't do my full name on one line, REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST below it, followed by Agawam, MA below that?

Wow. Thats a big trust name.

You don't ever want to sell any of those trust items do you? What happens when the trust is terminated, your beneficiaries will have that plastered across the firearms. Not the best planning for possible theft and being found at the scene of a mass murder either...

Yeah, I wouldn't have gone that route myself. As far as being found at the scene of a crime? Any other stamped sbr is going to be just as easily traced so that reasoning is moot.

Yeah traced is one thing, screaming your full name is quite another. Purely hypothetical but those are the kinds of things I obsess over. Clearly YMMV.

Took my lower to Nitor Laser in Southwick MA. The owner Steve stayed late to accommodate my schedule and did a great job with the lower. I got a nice tour of the place too showing off all the work he does for manufacturers of guns and accessories. He's even starting a small retail shop. Great guy.

www.nitorlaser.com

Took my lower to Nitor Laser in Southwick MA. The owner Steve stayed late to accommodate my schedule and did a great job with the lower. I got a nice tour of the place too showing off all the work he does for manufacturers of guns and accessories. He's even starting a small retail shop. Great guy.

www.nitorlaser.com

pics or it doesn't count.

Back
Top Bottom