• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA SBR engraving in Mass

Is it possible to have the font of your choosing?

Can any of the above mentioned engravers match this font on a Noveske rifle?

Attachments

• slideshow_8.jpg
    slideshow_8.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 130

I'm pretty sure Jacks could match that. We briefly spoke of fonts. I said, "just give me what everyone else gets". Lol.
Just call them. They did a great job on my lower.

Yes, he had hundreds of different fonts, i chose something different from the norm, looks real nice!!

Yea, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure what font that is off hand, it would be a matter of just going through and seeing which one looks like it.

I really like the font that rkwjunior chose, it did look nice.

I couldn't do under the trigger guard since it's all one piece on the Seekins lower.

Anyone know where i can get a Glock frame engraved, i'm thinking Glock SBR since the e-forms are back up?? Jacks Machine laser can't do polymer.

I did some searching on other forums and people are saying (per the ATF) it's OK to put the engravings on the barrel, is this true???

Last edited:
Wdevine, so it's safe to assume you are "Jack's Machine Shop" in Hanson? What are your hours/rates? I got a call from the ATF examiner, they just needed my LTC-A, so I'm hoping to have it back in a couple weeks.

Thanks

Mike

Wdevine, so it's safe to assume you are "Jack's Machine Shop" in Hanson? What are your hours/rates? I got a call from the ATF examiner, they just needed my LTC-A, so I'm hoping to have it back in a couple weeks.

Thanks

Mike
Yeap, that would be us. We're 7-5, M-F. The going rate for the engraving I've done so far has been $60, you could safely assume yours would be the same.

We're a job shop machine shop that just happens to have a laser engraver and an employee who knows guns a bit, so you want to call up ideally the day you would want to come down, just to make sure there isn't a job in the laser already.

Phone number is 781-447-9264. Ask for Mike or Bill.

Yeap, that would be us. We're 7-5, M-F. The going rate for the engraving I've done so far has been $60, you could safely assume yours would be the same.

We're a job shop machine shop that just happens to have a laser engraver and an employee who knows guns a bit, so you want to call up ideally the day you would want to come down, just to make sure there isn't a job in the laser already.

Phone number is 781-447-9264. Ask for Mike or Bill.

Just called and spoke with Jack (Mike and Bill were tied up). Hopefully I'll be there in the AM with the first of two items to get done.

Thanks guys,

Could you please post a picture? I am looking to engrave a couple of lowers, and haven't decided on where put it on the receivers.

Here's what my engraving looks like (with personal info redacted).

d6mGWEJ.jpg

P.S. Getting a well-lit, in focus picture under the trigger guard with a phone camera is a pain in the ass.

Here's what my engraving looks like (with personal info redacted).

d6mGWEJ.jpg

P.S. Getting a well-lit, in focus picture under the trigger guard with a phone camera is a pain in the ass.

lulz, mine is a banner on the side of the receiver. i figured hey we used a large enough font, let's draw a box around it for shits and giggles.

Met up with Mike and Bill from Jack's Machine Co. in Hanson, MA. Great guys to work with. Managed to get 2 SBR's and a receiver laser marked for me in about 45 min.

I'll do a more complete review with pictures later, but just wanted to mention they are very friendly and great to work with. If you are interested in laser marking / engraving contact Mike at the number above to schedule a time. Bring your bare and clean items for them to look at and position your text. Please make sure your items are safety checked and secured appropriately.

I plan on heading down there Thursday or Friday

Can they do it to an assembled lower (on the side) or does it need to be more or less stripped?

Mike

Laser marking machine has a bay of over 2' x 2'. Assembled lower or bare lower should be fine. I managed to fit a Krink into it on the vise. [smile]

Smaller is more manageable. If you bring a lower with no grip or buffer tube, it will be easier to position if you want the content in a tough to get spot (under trigger guard, front of magwell, etc.)

isn't there something in the regulation that says it has to be in plain site? could have been BS that a guy was telling me(i wanted mine under the trigger guard initially)

Back
Top Bottom