• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This. Having your name on any internet profile is not a great idea, even if it's lightly obscured. Hell, even using the same handle across multiple sites is ill advised, as that will allow for identity triangulation. The information that can be gleaned is alarming.
Thank you! I just changed my pic and am awaiting a moderator reply

Re 500 rounds. All of a sudden it began working great (probably cuz I hit 500 rounds). I ran out of the ammo I was using, went to another brand and it’s back to jamming....that’s w/the expensive kind. I even changed the spring (love YouTube).
Atleast the jams now are after a few rounds vs every round.
If you didn't clean it before you started shooting it,
give it a good cleaning now.
Manufacturing/shipping lube is not meant to run the gun.
(Edit to add: But semiautomatic .22LR pistols are particularly
sensitive to underpowered/overpowered ammo;
that's the normal issue - not dirt).

For guns with relatively complex disassembly/reassembly,
finding some aficionado's YoutUbe tutorial
can be a valuable source of confidence beyond the official manual.

But never disregard the manual's fine points -
it's easy to find videos that are excellent illustration of the innards,
yet gloss over something fundamental.

Last edited:
Nope, that’s def me. This gotta be a site with mainly older guys (I am old so much older) cuz I never get comments. My gravatar has been updated though. Thx for the compliments. Nice to read after a shit day
Mystic Valley Gun Club in Malden is nice. Pistol only (except .22 cal), 24x7 key card access. Laid back. Haven't met an a-hole yet.

Don't know if that is too far for you....

Re 500 rounds. All of a sudden it began working great (probably cuz I hit 500 rounds). I ran out of the ammo I was using, went to another brand and it’s back to jamming....that’s w/the expensive kind. I even changed the spring (love YouTube).
What were you shooting that worked? What are you trying to accomplish?
I’m almost 60. Slight beer gut. Married for 30. Same girl 34.
I’m no stud.
😂

What did I miss? Welcome Julie, ignore our snippy comments, you have found the secret well of information and don't hesitate to use the search feature. Someone may have said that already but I'm tired and don't feel like reading through the whole thread.

Had to look it up... what? I'm 52 FFS. They had not made that word up a million years ago when I was worried about chasing girls.

Wow!!! No way!!! Damn your old...I mean really old ... thought you were younger just think AARP is only a couple years away now for you.
Girls??? They just look at you now and think dirty old man :)

When you catch up with the rest of us you can impart the wisdom of knowledge on the next gen of youth too. [rofl]

Not trying to be funny here but have you oiled the pistol, specifically the slide and the action? There are a million different opinions on lubrication, mine is many firearms are under-lubricated, fwiw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom