• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In reality though, from some of the pictures posted throughout the years, almost every guy here married up - above and beyond their level. I'm not really sure how that happened, because most of us are old and fat.

We weren't always old and fat.. well, we weren't' always old anyway LOL.

mlady.jpg

lol. Someone hammered me pretty hard with that pic and similar in my early days here. I think it was Jason Flare.

I just want to say I deeply appreciate the indifference with which I am now treated. :)

OP - change your profile pic - and thank the gods of coding for Facetune.

Well, Julie, not to toot my own horn but I've been told by a couple friends at the range that I have exceptional skills and would make a great range/safety instructor. In fact, the first time I ever shot a gun in Texas the former sheriff and homicide detective in Houston said I was "born to shoot." Put it all together and you have a man ready to serve your needs and give you the hands on instruction you deeply desire.
So you're calling 'dibs'...?

And, Julie. I taught Rocco everything he knows... [smile]

You know, I'm going to feel bad if they, them or this person is catfishing us!:cool:
I'm going to have to take down the Go fund my ammo habit page for them![coffee]

Well, Julie, not to toot my own horn but I've been told by a couple friends at the range that I have exceptional skills and would make a great range/safety instructor. In fact, the first time I ever shot a gun in Texas the former sheriff and homicide detective in Houston said I was "born to shoot." Put it all together and you have a man ready to serve your needs and give you the hands on instruction you deeply desire.

ROFLMAO. I am entertained. [rofl]

You guys that are thirsty after merely a head shot have never tried online dating.

hint: ITS ALL LIES!!

So a buddy of mine from high school tries online dating. He's in his late 60's and pushing 350 pounds. He's had 4 knee replacements and struggles to walk.

He sends me a pic of a 28 year old woman who is attractive. It's his new girlfriend who he met on Match.com. She says he's only the 4th guy she's every been with. I'm smelling scam. And I worry for this guy. I think most of his remaining brain cells are in his manhood...

I decide to scout Match.com for her, which means I have to sign up for an account. Not something I want to do but I have a throw away email account for that purpose. I claim I'm a male, in my 70's, morbidly obese, a heavy smoker and drinker and looking for a hot female under 30. Oh, and I include the "girlfriend" pic that my buddy sent just for shits.

I can't tell you how many people have asked to meet or date me. Just WTF? Does anyone read the descriptions? OMFG...

It's hysterical...

:)

Rich

At NES... we'll have you swimming in ammo...
View attachment 394976
Brass Rat says "you gonna keep that brass?" in 3...2...1...

So a buddy of mine from high school tries online dating. He's in his late 60's and pushing 350 pounds. He's had 4 knee replacements and struggles to walk.

He sends me a pic of a 28 year old woman who is attractive. It's his new girlfriend who he met on Match.com. She says he's only the 4th guy she's every been with. I'm smelling scam.
B3FoVjGCYAAeCJ5

Jacques is that you?
08473A93-AAD8-4F52-97D8-FEEEF5991418.jpeg

@71montess Smooooooooth....

@Julierosa Welcome to NES [wave] Plenty of frat-boy and off-color humor here (Lots of d*ck jokes) but hopefully you’ll find that most folks are friendly and helpful.

Post often, have a thick-skin and give plenty of sh*t and you’ll fit right in.
Thank you and I was just advised to remove my pic....I did ;)

Julie,
If this is the real deal... as mentioned just a few posts back 380 is expensive. My sister shoots it and as I just sold my 380 she is buying all my ammo for it. As for your 22, some 22's are just picky eaters. When things get a little better on the supply front get a few boxes of various brands and see what it likes. Also, every new 22 I ever bought needed to have about 500 rounds run thru it before making a single adjustment.

Oh and finally, Welcome.
Re 500 rounds. All of a sudden it began working great (probably cuz I hit 500 rounds). I ran out of the ammo I was using, went to another brand and it’s back to jamming....that’s w/the expensive kind. I even changed the spring (love YouTube).
Atleast the jams now are after a few rounds vs every round.

That is cheap, ill check that one out.
Mass Rifle in Reading is where I want to go. The one in Weston was way too expensive, the one in Woburn is on a long wait....and you have to do community service prior to being accepted. I am a member in Dracut but it’s a 45 min drive.

If you shoot at all, the expense of belonging to a club is just part of it, and pretty negligible at that.

I belong to two clubs in CT, $150 for one, $137.50 for the other.
When I'm in CT, I shoot almost every Saturday and Monday at one club and every Sunday at the other.
Figure five months, = ~20 weeks. Forty sessions at one and 20 at the other. Minimum.
You do the math.

I belong to one club in GA, (shoot regularly at 2 others), it costs me $500 for the year.
I shoot matches there twice a month, and generally practice at least once a week.
I can take friends there who aren't members, as long as I stay with them.
Ranges are open sun up to sun down - I've shot there in the dark with my weapons light.

12 tactical pits - anything goes as long as your rounds stay in the berm.
25 yard pistol, 100 yard rifle, 100 meter rifle, 25 meter pistol, 500 yard rifle.
Skeet, sporting clays & five stand; (they have trap but I haven't shot it yet).
Stocked pond and archery.
Clubhouse, weekly dinners, bar.

My last order of primers plus my last order of bullets cost more than my year's membership.
That place sounds amazing and inexpensive. I just paid $250 for 6 months at an indoor range w/zero amenities....except for the indoor bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom