Jules2019

NES Member
My name is Julie, I got my LTC a little over a year ago. I live in Butlington, Ma. I first got a 380 EZ Shield that I love but ammo is hard to find (post covid) and is always so expensive. My 2nd purchase was a .22 Walther that I hated at 1st cuz it kept jamming but semi fixed that issue and now love it. I am self taught (by You Tube). I need classes! I am a member at a gun club in Dracut but want to find one closer to me....that’s affordable.

If you're a real account, you may want to change your profile pic.
Keeping some level of anonymity online is good, even in these forums.
If not, all the more power to you and welcome to the fun!

That said, pricing can be a limiting factor in where you want to join. Reading has a good facility right off the 129 rotary, but they are a little steep. I personally may be looking to join there depending on how the next couple of weeks at Georgetown go.

My name is Julie, I got my LTC a little over a year ago. I live in Butlington, Ma. I first got a 380 EZ Shield that I love but ammo is hard to find (post covid) and is always so expensive. My 2nd purchase was a .22 Walther that I hated at 1st cuz it kept jamming but semi fixed that issue and now love it. I am self taught (by You Tube). I need classes! I am a member at a gun club in Dracut but want to find one closer to me....that’s affordable.

Welcome! Don't forget to check into Massachusetts Womens Gun Owners on Facebook. They can help steer you with classes specifically aimed at women gun owners. There are a lot of instructors there. I myself went to Mass Firearms School and took the concealed carry classes but there are tons of options out there.

If that is you in the avatar, I will personally help with anything you need. Aside from that there is a lot of good info on this site.

@71montess Smooooooooth....

@Julierosa Welcome to NES [wave] Plenty of frat-boy and off-color humor here (Lots of d*ck jokes) but hopefully you’ll find that most folks are friendly and helpful.

Post often, have a thick-skin and give plenty of sh*t and you’ll fit right in.

Edit: OP, Congrats on the LTC, finding a pair of pistols and ammo to shoot in this wacky climate (we’re currently in a 95% ammo drought you know, @drgrant)

Shield EZ had become a popular option, Walther P22 is known to be finicky (but not as bad as other .22 options #Sig Mosquito). If you can find CCI MiniMag .22 ammo, it’s the gold standard for .22 and many firearms that have difficulty with other manufacturers will run fine with that ammo. Also, stay away from Golden Bullet Buckets — clear junk unless you want to practice your failure drills.

Finding a reputable instructor is invaluable for working out bad habits before they form. Dry-Fire practice is great to get trigger time and doesn’t burn through ammo.

Inquiring minds are gonna wanna know:

Standard or automatic?
Whiskey, Bourbon or Scotch?
Beer or Wine?
Patriots or Tom Brady?

[smile]

Pre-COVID and pre-Ammopocalypse all the thirsty fellas would've gladly offered their services and range time for free. Let's see if they're still that helpful now that each round is like $0.50+. LOL.

mlady.jpg

Welcome aboard. You have removed the element of surprise if your pic and username are factual.

I belong to Andover it's a little bit of a ride from Burlington. I haven't checked as a recently but they used to run classes for free for members. I'd stick with 22 until prices come down on ammo. Pick yourself up at target pistol and have fun.

Welcome to NES! Please don't ever take anything I say seriously, except this:

Please change your handle and profile pic. You don't want strangers to know that you own guns. There's alot of crazy people out there.

If you're a real account, you may want to change your profile pic.
Keeping some level of anonymity online is good, even in these forums.
If not, all the more power to you and welcome to the fun!

That said, pricing can be a limiting factor in where you want to join. Reading has a good facility right off the 129 rotary, but they are a little steep. I personally may be looking to join there depending on how the next couple of weeks at Georgetown go.
This OP/user profile needs some serious editing either way. If she is who she says, she is exposing herself. Otherwise, she is setting someone else up for problems.

Julie, change your profile pic for anonymity. Your a green member so I take it your going to stay a while. Grow a thick skin and enjoy the forum. A lot of good advice between all the bs.

Welcome to NES Julie. This is an interesting time for new gun owners.

And please be advised. Like all social media there are some good people here, and some who's manners are...lacking...at times.

Please listen to the former and don't take the latter seriously.

Welcome to NES. I wish more young people would realize that ultimately their personal safety is their responsibility.
Shoot often, shoot safe and practice, practice, practice.

I am interested in hearing what made you decide to get an LTC.
Same here. I do hope that they remember who in this country wants to take their shit and they vote appropriately though.

Back
Top Bottom