• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Rules in NoShore Town for LTC

A friend of mine went to his PD to renew his Class A LTC (had it for over 50 Yrs). The desk officer told him in order to get an Unrestricted Class A in His Town the applicant must send a letter to the Chief of Police explaining why he life is in eminent danger or severely threatened that would require him to carry a loaded weapon. Is this where we are headed in this State?

A friend of mine went to his PD to renew his Class A LTC (had it for over 50 Yrs). The desk officer told him in order to get an Unrestricted Class A in His Town the applicant must send a letter to the Chief of Police explaining why he life is in eminent danger or severely threatened that would require him to carry a loaded weapon. Is this where we are headed in this State?

Its where quite a few towns have been for a while.

Wouldn't it be nice to, as a citizen, turn the table if denied and demand the chief produce a letter explaining why the particular applicant or renewer is unsuitable for the license? Why is it that we the people are often put in a position where we have to defend our rights against attack by those who we empower to serve us?

Wouldn't it be nice to, as a citizen, turn the table if denied and demand the chief produce a letter explaining why the particular applicant or renewer is unsuitable for the license?

Part of the whole absurdity of it is that technically it's not a "denial" if a chief decided to bust the guy down to a target/hunting license. What would be nice is if it were commonplace for subjects of the PRM to take such a chief's decision to court, (without having to secure a lawyer, and at no cost to that person) and have the court demand the chief show a tangible reason why the citizen should not be allowed to carry a firearm in public. Unfortunately it will never be that way. [angry]

When did they start that? I just got my LTC in March and didn't have to provide a letter to the chief.

Early April. I was pissed, because I didn't have to do it, then my wife had to. As I said, it seems like just a formality -- if you don't provide a letter, a restricted license will be given.

I believe New Bedford is similar, from what i remember........"Not including hunting/target shooting, why do you need a LTC", something along those lines.

This thread is useless.

Right? This is getting old. People need to stop being so scared and name the GD towns and business's ect. that are supposedly trying to screw us. Don't bother posting if you're gonna pussyfoot around it. I for one would like a heads up of where not to bother going or doing business with. Thanks

Right? This is getting old. People need to stop being so scared and name the GD towns and business's ect. that are supposedly trying to screw us. Don't bother posting if you're gonna pussyfoot around it. I for one would like a heads up of where not to bother going or doing business with. Thanks

but... but... but... the .gov is sooooo scaaaarrrryyyyy!

people do the same shit regularly with gun shops also.

"... I was in this gun shop, and X happened and the clerk told me Y..." without what store it was.

All the time.

+1 I updated a thread for 5 months, copying and pasting all correspondence that I had with the Everett PD and specific people (Chief Mazzie, Sargent Spinale, Captain McAdams). If they want to use to try and use my right to free speech against me, like everything else, I will see them in court.

Back
Top Bottom