• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Rifle Cases from Magpul: The look cool and have a new "grid" organizing system - Magpul Grid

Clever mofos over there at Magpul, I'll give them that. Makes me dizzy though.

better-hero_1.jpg

If I am reading (viewing?) Magpul's video correctly you still need the foam. One layer beneath the DAKA Grid Organizer and one in the top of the case to keep anything from coming loose after you close the case and begin moving it around.

But it looks so.......TACTICOOL!

I'll stick with replacing the pick and pluck foam that comes with cases and putting in a egg crate foam. Has worked well for me for years. If travelling my air, then I'll use the foam that is in the basic shape that I need.

I might give it a try, I already have a pelican 730, and have gone through a few sets of foam that I cut to fit. Every time soon after I make a setup change and foam no longer fits.

I also hate having such a large case but maybe this will help

Meanwhile you can buy a $30 case on Amazon to transport rifles to the range. I have a bunch of these that I bought to move rifles to a new house, they work fine. They kept the rifles safe and met the locked requirements.

For travel, I would prefer one where I can cut the foam, keep things as tight as possible.

I can see this design improving over time and I could see it being useful for some people that want to use the same case for 4 or 5 rifles.
But it would also be easier to keep foam cut outs for the 4 or 5 rifles. So not sure at this proce point.

Seems like a release for the sake of releasing something new.

Back
Top Bottom