New Policy - Merrimack, NH

Yeah and I'll say it again for contexts sake: "There is a distinct difference between standing up for your rights and being an attention whore". Context is everything...

[thinking] And he hasn't been here in how long and we are talking about him...

We weren't discussing Doobie or his "disloyalty," we were discussing him open carrying. Context is everything, my friend.

I respect a man who stands up for his rights.

Seems you don't really know the people you are putting down, nor the people you are defending. There are many sheep in MA and many on this forum, Mark is not one of them, I'll stake my and my families life on that as a fact.

Raising doobie up as a stalwart of the second amendment and the constitution is akin to having a Brady member speaking for the NRA at a congressional hearing, there is another agenda there and you'd be foolish to support it.

I don't have any hard feelings or ill will towards doobie, or what he and that sect are doing, but I do have an issue with what they aren't doing, which is furthering our cause.

Showing your tits for the media just makes you a media whore, not a trenchmen. This isn't a battle to be fought on our backs...

I don't see anything wrong with an OC event, as long as it's done the right way... but on the same token, thinking pragmatically, if a bunch of halfway decent dressed people show up OCing to dinner (esp in a free state) would anyone really notice?

A couple of moonbats might be aghast, a few people might think "oh, that's interesting, must be a bunch of off duty police" etc.

Bunch of guys down in VA do it all the time- but there, they actually have a target- because VA law prohibits CCW in establishments that serve alcohol, but allows open carry.... so their protest has a clear target- change the stupid law... [laugh]

Here the target is nonexistant, thanks to Timber's legwork.... it sounds like even if they did show up, Merrimack PD would be like "Ok folks, have a nice day... " [laugh]

-Mike

it's not that hard. send an email, make a phone call. OP should've done the leg work before posting super secret inside info. unless, of course, it was just a "look at me! look at me!" kind of thread. it really doesn't do anyone any good to throw rumors out there.

Timber,

Trust me, the memo exists, was written, printed and distributed.

While I doubt it, it is possible the memo will be withdrawn, ammended and a new training memo will be issued after your inquiry, but claims that the memo was "only in discussion" are entirely false.

Here's some food for thought: You sent an e-mail to someone asking them, "Did you issue a memo instructing your officers to violate someones civil rights if they feel uncomfortable" and you expected an honest answer?

Timber,

While I doubt it, it is possible the memo will be withdrawn, ammended and a new training memo will be issued after your inquiry, but claims that the memo was "only in discussion" are entirely false.

Here's some food for thought: You sent an e-mail to someone asking them, "Did you issue a memo instructing your officers to violate someones civil rights if they feel uncomfortable" and you expected an honest answer?
You've been living in MA too long... [rolleyes]

[laugh]

Timber,

Would be nice if someone scanned it and posted it, if it were possible... that would kinda put that end of it to rest.

It is possible that they're just doing a "Nothing to see here, move along" type maneuver, but absent any real evidence, I think folks are going to have to take this at face value- that there is no policy, and that's the end of it. It's also possibility the memo was generated, then the Chief saw it, got pissed, and ordered it to be retracted, and probably gave the originator hell for it. If that's the case then the Chief deserves applause for getting his subordinates to respect people's rights. It's distinctly possible the Chief wanted to keep the whole thing under wraps, because if you think about it, if he is pro RKBA (and has a spine, which it appears he does) having that kind of a memo leak out is repulsive and embarrassing to him and the PD, even if he didn't write it originally.

-Mike

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeWPI
Timber,

Trust you? Based on what?

What you've provided is unsubstantiated rumor from unnamed sources.

What I've provided is documented, court admissible evidence claiming that what you're saying is false. That's why I did it via email, not via the " I made a phone call, and this is what they said" route. It's officially on the record now.

So the question is this: Are you willing to go on the record, in court, calling the CLEO of Merrimack, NH a liar?

I guess it's time to nut up, or shut up. Post your memo, your sources, and the conversations you've had with LEO's in Merrimack showing that Chief Milligan is providing false information about internal town business.

And this is how a thread gets closed everyone, somebody goes and pisses off Timber, next thing you know, keyboards and mice end up in land fills all over at an alarming rate.......................[rofl][rofl][smile][wink]

I guess it's time to nut up, or shut up. Post your memo, your sources, and the conversations you've had with LEO's in Merrimack showing that Chief Milligan is providing false information about internal town business.

[The Rock]Sniff, sniff....smell something cooking?[/The Rock]

Timber,

OK, I'm confused - there's a rumor of a memo, someone called and asked the local department if such memo exists and was assured it didn't, and your response is 'well, of course they'd say that'.

WTF? This is classic conspiricy thinking - an assertion is made, proof is attempted to be obtained, said proof doesn't exist and the theorist says, 'well of course, they destroyed it' or some such. It's like trying to prove a negitive - you can't do it.

OK, I'm confused - there's a rumor of a memo, someone called and asked the local department if such memo exists and was assured it didn't, and your response is 'well, of course they'd say that'.

WTF? This is classic conspiricy thinking - an assertion is made, proof is attempted to be obtained, said proof doesn't exist and the theorist says, 'well of course, they destroyed it' or some such. It's like trying to prove a negitive - you can't do it.

Tin Foil Helmet On!!! Ready to rock n roll, [rofl]....... ok, I know I am being a wise ass, but I couldn't resist. Lord I apologize.................amen.

Bob you are sooooooo close minded my man.

I have a calculator that does divide by zero, the proof of my assertion is that there is a 0 on the calculator. Its a fact. You cant deny this.

Bob you are sooooooo close minded my man.

I have a calculator that does divide by zero, the proof of my assertion is that there is a 0 on the calculator. Its a fact. You cant deny this.

Yah got me! (need an icon for a dead guy LOL)

just to put this to bed. here is my exchange with Chief Mike Milligan. I don't understand why someone would start a rumor, and then encourage a demonstration comprised primarily of out of staters open carrying, instead of just contacting the CLEO to verify the facts. Having 30 or 40 people showing up at a restaurant open carrying would do more harm than good in this case.

Believe me to be an attention whore if you wish. Believe Mike Mulligan if you wish, honestly it makes no difference to me. I was provided information about a training memo which was distributed to the Merrimack Police Department in response to recent Open Carry events instructing Police Officers how to respond. I passed this information to to the forum because I believed some here would like to know.

I never advocated any action based on the information. Check the original post, I specifically stated, "Do with this as you may"

Also, as was stated in the original post, the memo does not instruct officers to unilaterally detain any person who is openly carrying a firearm, but instructs an officer to "use judgement" and if the person is "making you uncomfortable" to detain them for a background check, and release them if the background check comes back clean.

I apologize that I can not "put this to bed" with a copy of the memo. I can't. While I have held and read the memo, I was not given leave to copy or scan it. I understand that I am providing no "evidence" of the existance of the memo, just asking you to consider that the "evidence" which was provided to the contray was an e-mail asking the chief of police if he had instructed his officers to violate the constitutional rights of citizens in his town.

Believe me to be an attention whore if you wish. Believe Mike Mulligan if you wish, honestly it makes no difference to me. I was provided information about a training memo which was distributed to the Merrimack Police Department in response to recent Open Carry events instructing Police Officers how to respond. I passed this information to to the forum because I believed some here would like to know.

I never advocated any action based on the information. Check the original post, I specifically stated, "Do with this as you may"

Also, as was stated in the original post, the memo does not instruct officers to unilaterally detain any person who is openly carrying a firearm, but instructs an officer to "use judgement" and if the person is "making you uncomfortable" to detain them for a background check, and release them if the background check comes back clean.

I apologize that I can not "put this to bed" with a copy of the memo. I can't. While I have held and read the memo, I was not given leave to copy or scan it. I understand that I am providing no "evidence" of the existance of the memo, just asking you to consider that the "evidence" which was provided to the contray was an e-mail asking the chief of police if he had instructed his officers to violate the constitutional rights of citizens in his town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA3WxjplKzo

Distributed to the department is very different than distributed by the department. Both certainly hold some weight, but one coming from Chief Milligan is much more troubling. It sounds like your memo may have come from another source. Considering that Merrimack has not had any high profile open carry events in recent times I suspect the memo does not reflect official Merrimack PD policy.

-Nat (Merrimack resident)

Laugh all you want, but the authorities must have heard about our nefarious plan.

TEAM ALPHA: Go to plan Bravo! I repeat ... go to plan BRAVO!!

Authorization phrase is "The Eagle Flies at Midnight."

What happened to "The chair is against the wall"?

TEAM Charlie: Go to plan Derek! I repeat ... go to plan Derek!!

Authorization Phrase is "The sun is shining."
Authorization Reply is " But, the ice is slippery"

That is all.

Back
Top Bottom