New MA Compliant AK's $399.95

Picked mine up last night, no pictures yet. There's a a bit of reddish grease (cosmo?) tucked into various crevices, including the chamber and bore. I quickly scrubbed out the chamber and bore with some solvent-soaked patches and will hopefully be getting it out to the range some time either Saturday or Sunday. The Tapco G2 trigger is quite nice, and overall the rifle looks quite good to my inexpert eyes.

Picked up the AK tonight. Planning to take her to the range tomorrow!

View attachment 120731

It says Romanian on the receiver correct? These were 100% built Romanian rifles. (Except for the Century added compliance parts). You can take a file to the weld on the muzzle nut. There should be threads under there and you can add a different brake. Just make sure you pin it after.

Really wish I had the money when these were just $400... That is a hard deal to find - especially since 2013! Oh well... Guess I'll just have to try to be ready for next time :)

seeing the photos in this thread, i'd say these are well worth even the $500 price tag.

Oh they are, but knowing they were $100 cheaper just a week ago, sours the new price just a tad. If I had no knowledge of the $400 price tag, the $500 one would definitely still get everyone's attention.

I picked mine up last night. No need to post a pic, looks like the others posted. Getting a rifle, 8 prebans and 1000 rounds for $800 on the button is a pretty damn good deal overall I think. Fun toy, a put a few mags through it this AM. I wish I bought 2 now :)

It says Romanian on the receiver correct? These were 100% built Romanian rifles. (Except for the Century added compliance parts). You can take a file to the weld on the muzzle nut. There should be threads under there and you can add a different brake. Just make sure you pin it after.

Yes, it says Romanian. Don't know if all of the parts are from that country. I'll likely get a new stock to cushion the recoil.[smile]

Just to add my .02 I got mine and it cycles with snap caps, just need to get it to the range this weekend. Looks just like everyone else's so I'm not going to bother posting

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

If it makes you feel any better, I now have no money to feed more then a mag or two through it, and I have to keep it hidden until I win it in a raffle.... good thing I am in a dozen raffles right now....

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Love it!
I bought my first AR and hid it in the garage before I could work up the courage to tell the wife. Now she won't let me sell any of "her" Glocks to fund other projects...

Brought to the range today. Had to push the front sight pretty far to the right to get it sighted in, but once there it shot very nicely. Recoil is light enough that I might not bother removing the barrel nut.

Back
Top Bottom