New MA Compliant AK's $399.95

J&G constantly has sales like this. I'm sure down the road they will be available at this price, maybe even lower in the future.

How come a NES friendly FFL like Precision Point or Tommy Gun can't do a group buy? Why give business to a shop in AZ?

Are local dealer cost greater than say $319.00 which would give them a fair 20% margin at $399.95. Based on this thread the demand seem to be there.

J&G is more than just an FFL or "business to shop in AZ"... they're a large scale operation that places orders from distributors
in terms of pallets, not handfuls/group buys

That kind of volume enables them to purchase merchandise at a lower price that any local FFL can get from the same distributors.

J&G constantly has sales like this. I'm sure down the road they will be available at this price, maybe even lower in the future.

How come a NES friendly FFL like Precision Point or Tommy Gun can't do a group buy? Why give business to a shop in AZ?

Are local dealer cost greater than say $319.00 which would give them a fair 20% margin at $399.95. Based on this thread the demand seem to be there.

ok correct t me if I'm wrong but if "we" place the order with the vendor directly pay and give the proper FFL to ship to and only pay a "transfer fee" which profit margin would be better.
If FFL places a bulk orderfor the rifles we have to wait for all buyers to pay up or the Dealer has to front the bill...
Now if we do the leg work put up the cash and only need a 20$ transfer @ dealers end..... how long does it take for a dealer to open box, verify serial # log it and do the transfer. Now I had 14 guns transferred to me in 40 min @ 20$ a gun.
280$ for 40 min..... When you look at time into it doing transfers seems a pretty good money maker?

I see that the link is dead now on the JG website. Does anyone have a link to these rifles? I am curious now what I bought ;-)

Here is a pic of the $399.95 rifle that someone received. Looks good for the price.

10440896_889915051019144_2044114002333366159_n.jpg

Last edited:
Waiting for them to be on NES classifieds [puke]

MINT WASR, 100 rounds through it. $650.

Also it's still a WASR...

Parts kits and Saiga conversions etc would be my go to and have been. I suppose if someone is just looking for a range plinker with the click of the mouse, this is it.

Isn't that the point of group buys?

Yes, but a NES group buy can't match the sheer volume that JG Sales is moving. As rosefox911 said, they had 700 and they sold out of all of them in a very short time. How many buyers do you think NES could muster up in, say, a week? I'll bet it's a lot less than 700.

Yes, but a NES group buy can't match the sheer volume that JG Sales is moving. As rosefox911 said, they had 700 and they sold out of all of them in a very short time. How many buyers do you think NES could muster up in, say, a week? I'll bet it's a lot less than 700.

I agree 100%, but I wonder if we could have done a GB through JG Sales themselves, not Century? This way they could have sold a chunk of them all at once. Probably wouldn't have been enough margin to be worthwhile for a LGS, though, without going straight to Century. I still think this was a great deal compared to anything I've seen in several years now, and I'm pissed that I didn't have the funds already in where they needed to be to order in time, because this would have been good to grab for an investment if nothing else because I already have a much nicer AK to play with.

I agree 100%, but I wonder if we could have done a GB through JG Sales themselves, not Century? This way they could have sold a chunk of them all at once. Probably wouldn't have been enough margin to be worthwhile for a LGS, though, without going straight to Century. I still think this was a great deal compared to anything I've seen in several years now, and I'm pissed that I didn't have the funds already in where they needed to be to order in time, because this would have been good to grab for an investment if nothing else because I already have a much nicer AK to play with.

What is JG Sales' incentive to run a group buy? They had no trouble moving all their inventory in an extremely short timeframe at the price point they set, so why would the discount it even further?

What is JG Sales' incentive to run a group buy? They had no trouble moving all their inventory in an extremely short timeframe at the price point they set, so why would the discount it even further?

Yeah, you're probably right, especially since they were able to move 700 so quickly. I was just thinking in terms of regular products where moving several at a time is advantageous for vendors so they free up capital quicker. Oh well, like I said, it was still an awesome deal even without a GB.

Based on the UPS tracking info, looks like there's a dozen boxes on their way to Precision Point [smile]

This was group buy pricing without the headaches...

Chris

Back
Top Bottom