• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New MA Compliant AK's $399.95

That's pretty cheap. I've been assembling my tools to build my own from 80% lowers, but seeing that price makes me think. I've dealt with Century one time, on a CETME sporter G3 copy, and it was horrible. I hear that its just a roll of the dice in either getting a great shooter or a basket case.

That's pretty cheap. I've been assembling my tools to build my own from 80% lowers, but seeing that price makes me think. I've dealt with Century one time, on a CETME sporter G3 copy, and it was horrible. I hear that its just a roll of the dice in either getting a great shooter or a basket case.

Pretty much. The running joke is that Century has rooms full of chimpanzees with wooden mallets assembling rifles. [grin]

Who knows though; maybe they've stepped up their QC.

The fit and finish of a Century WASR-10 isn't as good as the $1,000+ AK's (Arsenal). You are paying less for them too. The WASR I have shot were just as accurate as my Arsenal AK's.

If worse comes to worst, list it here on the NES classifieds with the others for $600.00. Ha ha ha.

Last edited:
I don't believe so as long as its "Massified" by removing the bayonet lug, and doesn't have a flash hider or one of those extra killy folding stocks.[wink]

Sorry I phrased the question wrong - I'm wondering if JG considers the WASR an assault rifle. ( I could care less what MA thinks [laugh] )

What the hell, for less than $450 out the door I'll take the AK plunge. Coming your way, Johnny!

Great deal if you're looking for your first AK. The older kits with the original barrels are running at almost what it costs here for a built gun. I approve this message (like you really give a sh!t what I approve) [rofl]

I actually bought my AK from the store. Walked in and talked for a bit, guy takes the AK back and goes out the back door. Comes back 5 minutes later, and says, "This one will work better for you". He hand selected one from a batch in the back. It's a Century underfolder (probably about 10 years old now), only problem I've had with it is it is finicky with mags and jams with certain mags. Not sure what's wrong with the mags, but it's specific to one or two plastic mags I've picked up for it over the years.

edit: I'm no AK expert, but I seem to remember something about the front sight post being an issue, at least back then?

Last edited:
You do know an assault rifle has to be select fire, right? Are you confusing it with the media's love fest word "assault weapon"?

The discussion was referencing JGsales terms that state "no assault weapons" to MA. I was wondering aloud if JGsales considers the WASR an "assault weapon".

I placed my order last night, so I'm anticipating that if JGSales has a problem sending it to MA they'll tell me on Monday. By MA law it's not an AW since it doesn't have a bayo lug and the muzzle nut is welded on. The only thing that is potentially an issue is the 30 rd magazine, and if they want they can just keep it and send the rifle.

I'll report here if I have any issues.

Years ago I placed an order with them. They wouldn't ship the mag. The cost savings was good enough that even having to buy a mag, transfer and shipping I still saved money vs. buying the item from my local dealer.

Last edited:
Pretty much. The running joke is that Century has rooms full of chimpanzees with wooden mallets assembling rifles. [grin]

Who knows though; maybe they've stepped up their QC.

Wooden mallets? Shit, I had to step up from a 3lb sledge to a 5lb to build my last rifle.

Normal for them. Even my Suomi M31 came w/out mags.

Many retailers are different when it comes to MA. I ordered from Classic several months ago and they shipped the mag with it (in MA). My FFL just kept it, no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom