• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi Everyone -
My name is Mike and I'm from Middleboro, MA. I'm a banquet/food & beverage manager in a mid-sized hotel in a Boston suburb. Officially a green member as of today!! I'm still waiting on my LTC approval (just had to go to my local PD again today because I got a call from the intake Sergeant that my finger print card was denied by the FBI). I will be very new to the sport of shooting - I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad I found this forum (almost every Google search about guns brought me here) I've definitely learned a lot and enjoyed reading all the posts. I'm looking forward to hopefully being an active member - Thanks again!

Newby

Hello. I have just joined and looking around to see whether I want to get the paid membership. The name is Ray, I live in Jackson, TN. I am old enough to remember in 1954 as a freshman in college, there was a ROTC rifle team with an indoor range for shooting .22 rifles on campus. I was on it. In high school in OK, one could bring a rifle to school in his car or pickup. There weren't any signs telling us that school was a "No Shoot Zone." We had a 165 acre farm with a lot of trees and squirrels. I kept the freezer full of the pesky little rodent, which when prepared with dumplins, tasted great. I belong to our local TN Sports Foundation, have my certification from the NRA and State of TN to teach handgun classes for folks wishing to gain their carry permit. For years I shot in IDPA matches. I own 2 WWII rifles, 1 Vietnam era rifle, and an AR15 that I rebuilt. I shoot Glock pistols although I've owned about every kind at one time or another. I Googled and this was one of the choices. I have a friend that owns a WWI German rifle that I was looking for information on.

Hawk36, welcome!

Put a picture and info up in the Military Surplus sub-forum and one of our experts I'm sure will be able to provide info on the WWI German rifle (Mauser no doubt).

Hi everyone, new to NES from the advice of a couple of members. I did become a Green member also. I am retired and since moving out to Central Mass I decided to get my LTC. Fishing is my passion so I hope that shooting doesn't become as addictive, I may have to sell my bass boat. LOL

Hi all,

I just joined today. I have had my LTC in Central MA for about 19 years and renewed last year.
I did so with the original intention of selling off my guns, but the wait having taken so excrutiatingly long, I bought two more instead.
The site should be fun and informative! I had come across the forum in past google searches but was just reminded again by a salesperson up at the gun shop in Mason NH on route 31.
Cheers!

Hidey Ho from SMIBville. I tend to follow most of the legislation and court cases and found a link. I see a few familiar names from some of the other sites I hang on. I hope I can lend a few ideas we have used in Maryland such as the ADA that have spared us almost all of the "copycat features" of our AWB. I am also somewhat of a safety Nazi and have my own backyard range. The last few years I have had the building bug and have created a few interesting creations. I have 3 teenagers and all of the fun and drama that goes with that as well. I am not the most PC person in the world and I occasionally find stirring excrement recreational hopefully there is a Hurt Feelings Report section for the easily offended.

Hello! A 35+yr Webley "Nut"! Always trolling for info, knowledge, kindred spirits and 'wobblies to add to the collection! In WV, with a growing horde of 50+! Just found a rare example(1885 WG) that the experts tell me there only three known to be cataloged thus far!(mine's the 3rd) Found this sight and there seems to be others of the same bent, so lets raise the Union Jack and show these Yank gun owners how the Birmingham steel excels!! Will gladly post pix if someone will give a shout w/a how-to from a tab. Regards, Lew Wallace

Hello! A 35+yr Webley "Nut"! Always trolling for info, knowledge, kindred spirits and 'wobblies to add to the collection! In WV, with a growing horde of 50+! Just found a rare example(1885 WG) that the experts tell me there only three known to be cataloged thus far!(mine's the 3rd) Found this sight and there seems to be others of the same bent, so lets raise the Union Jack and show these Yank gun owners how the Birmingham steel excels!! Will gladly post pix if someone will give a shout w/a how-to from a tab. Regards, Lew Wallace

Welcome.

Read here for how to post pictures (other options also exist).

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/4691-Posting-Pictures-in-Forums

Hey there, Hi there. Recent LTC club member in the "eye of the Commonwealth". Found NES prior to obtaining my LTC and will soon be applying for my NH and CT non-res with the help of information provided here.

Hey dudes,

I've been a lurker here for quite some time, but recently joined to post in a "Watertown" thread about the COP retiring recently (and crossing my fingers that the new COP will be more lenient). I'm sure you gathered by now that that's where I currently reside.

I grew up in PA hunting with my dad, lived and hunted in Maine for 7.5 years, and now live in MA. I've been around firearms all my life, and currently hold a class A LTC ALP (but not from Watertown). I also just started dabbling in the hobby of reloading. I'm an amateur gunsmith (only on firearms that I own) and enjoy tinkering, as well as wheeling, woodworking, restoring my '68 Datsun, model plane/car building and cycling.

I have a plethora of toys, and recently finished my first AR:
IMG_0650_zpsbqvay1jk.jpg

Cheers!
Jordan

Last edited:
Hi.
just received my LTC-A from Boston, and of course got hit with the Target & Hunting restrictions. Rather frustrating since the primary reason to carry is to be able to share the responsibility of carrying business receipts with my partner, who lives in Holbrook and got Non Res with no issues.

Hi.
just received my LTC-A from Boston, and of course got hit with the Target & Hunting restrictions. Rather frustrating since the primary reason to carry is to be able to share the responsibility of carrying business receipts with my partner, who lives in Holbrook and got Non Res with no issues.
Did you document the business purpose in your application?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Hi,
I've been on this site for a couple of years, not much of a talker as I am a reader of the forums. Just thought Id introduce myself.
Name is Nate and Im from Nashua,NH

Hey all,

I have been shooting for around 5 years now with my dad. I just got LTC A, no restrictions! I usually shoot at Mass Firearms School. I am about to make my first Glock purchase from the NES classifieds, pretty excited. Name is John, and Im from the North Shore, MA. Just saying hello and happy shooting!

Hello: Just joined this forum , received my non restricted about 6 months ago as did the wife and am in the process going to the range with some friends to use their firearms to get a better idea of what I would like ( possible sig sauer 229). Looking forward to learning more and and going to the ranger near where I live in wilmington.

Hello everyone! I have been reading posts at NES for awhile and have found tons of great info. I live in Acushnet, MA and recently joined Sippican Rod and Gun Club. I have not been there, but I have heard many good things about it. I do have my LTC-A.

Greetings - My name is Craig, I joined as a green member a few weeks ago but waited until my license came through (unrestricted LTC A in Norwood) before speaking up. Since starting up the process to get everything in place I have enjoyed these message boards very much and used them to find and take a great class from Len2A, so I'm really happy so far with these boards and my decision to "go green". I grew up in VT, shot and hunted as a kid but left everything there when I moved to MA, now is the right time for me to get back into it. Looking forward to participating on these forums and getting out to the range and maybe into the woods in the fall.

Tony here, I'm a new licensee from Dighton, MA. Class A unrestricted. I have been bow hunting for a few years now and am happy to be transitioning to shooting sports. I am actually a anti-gun convert! I used to fear them but now thanks to patient gun-owning friends I recognize them as valuable and important tools that can help my protect my family and put food on the table. My wife has reluctantly started to come around and soon I will be teaching her how to shoot. I have found this forum to be both informative and amusing. Bear with my stupid questions- this is a new area for me.

Anyone in the Taunton area have a club membership? All the clubs near me are expensive to join and I don't know anyone. I welcome the chance to shoot some clays and get to meet other enthusiasts near me.

Hi everyone...
I've been quietly reading some of the forum the past couple weeks and have had the pleasure of meeting a few of you at the last 2 shoots.
I will be applying for my LTC in a month or so (fairly new to the state and needed to square a few things away) and am looking forward to having "my" SR9C by my side.
Looking forward to meeting and chatting with you all...

~spiderlily

Hi! Found you guys while looking up the process of getting my LTC here in MA. a few months ago. Had so much great info I decided to join. Had not fired anything since Navy bootcamp 35 years ago, and was lucky enough to have the guy who taught our LTC class bring a BUNCH of stuff out to the range. Picked up a S&W M&P 9 last week, and have taken it out to the range twice already and run 400 rounds through it. Great site, I check it pretty regularly.

Hello from down under.love the site an hopefully sort a few probs out with the helpful forum that i have missed out on before finding this site...
fa43d48feb1afa56bb3a1d4890b0cf8d.jpg
c4b4dd32011f4a0fa5dc50b6ab782d30.jpg

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Howdy, y'all. I'm relatively new to shooting, though I grew up in a house of gun owners/appreciaters. Looking forward to getting to know the community here.

Back
Top Bottom