New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi everybody,

Name is Paul, from East Longmeadow. Got my LTC earlier this year and joined the Springfield Gun club. Found this site and really like the content because it seems aligned to my thinking and also the awesome classified section, seems like the only way to get a decent Glock.

Thank you for this forum.

Hello All. Checking in from Central New Hampster, here.
Came across this site by simply googling "Northeast." Interest include anything that has to do with being outdoors with my two dogs and working on or around my little 12x16 cabin in the woods.
Licensed CC and carry a Kahr 45acp or SW 9mm depending on the circumstances.

Last edited:
Welcome to the board folks. We are like a giant family with all that encompasses. In the end, we will give you the shirt off of our backs which is unlike politicians who will give you the shirt off of somebody else's back.
I highly doubt there is a more diverse fora out there who, in the end, are aimed in the right direction.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Glad to be a part of the forum. I've been lurking for some time now- been a great resource. I recently obtained my LTC and made my first firearm purchase. After using my fathers and both of my brothers guns, I went with a Sig p229. Thanks for providing all the useful information here, looking forward to learning/sharing a lot more.

Good Evening All,

I stumbled on these forums a few weeks ago and I have come to appreciate the sheer volume of information available here. My name is Adam,I live in North Billerica and I got my unrestricted LTC a few months ago.

I just wanted to say hello and thank you to the general public here for all of the opinions and information available. It's amazing!

-Adam

Hello. Googling my MA firearm law questions and issues would often provide links to this forum. Found many MA-centric threads very helpful to navigating the labyrinth, and thought I ought to finally join in case I can be helpful in return.

-Derek / Western Mass

Hey, new here and loving my new found hobby. Been ahooting in the past and wanted to get my own and finaly did. Im the proud owner of my first purchase, Glock 23 Gen2. Love how it shoots and have yet to have an issue. Then i found a Keltec sub2k gen2 for sale locally and thought that i just had to have it. Carbine length pistol that folds into my EDC backpack? No brainer...
Im in the middle of a deal for a Ruger American kryotec .308 bolt action to venture into my ling range wants amd hopefully take up hunting soon...
Next on the list is a Gen3 Glock 23, if i can ever find an MA compliant one and then an AR build.
Cant wait to read the info posted here and get answers to my questions...

Hey all, been poking around on here for a while and have a few local friends that are members. Decided it couldn't hurt to support the site and take advantage of some member benefits.

Live in Norton, MA...got my LTC in April and just now getting into anything other than a shotgun for hunting. Hoping this site will continue to give great information to myself and other local gun owners.

I just joined the forum.

We live in NH about 5 miles from the Sig Pro shop in Epping

My wife's brother was a special agent in the treasury department and he taught her to shoot many years ago. She loved to go shooting with him.
I was a drill Sargent in the army and trained peple to shoot at Fort Leanardwood during the Vietnam years.

About a year ago my son moved back to NH from Callifunny and began talking about getting a weapon. To my suprise my wife said that she would like to get one and shoot again so we all got concealed carry permits.

My son and I got 357 Sig 320 carries and he added a 9 mm conversion kit to his. My my wife decided to get a 9 mm Sig 938.

I love the 320 -357. It just feels good to me, but I have a 9mm conversion kit on order.

After shooting my wife's 938 in Hudson, my son and I both got a 938 because they shoot well and make great concealed carry weapons. They all have the BRG grip and my wife and I have the trigger guard laser.
I carry it everywhere I go in NH.

I work in Mass and would like to get a Mass concealed carry permit but they make it almost impossible to get.
All I can say is they are M*******s and it would be appropriate if NH would not recognize Mass drivers licenses, confiscate their vehicles, and put them in jail for 1 year if they are caught driving in NH.

Meanwhile, we got a Sig 716 DMR from the sig proshop on Black Friday and are looking forward to putting some holes in targets, etc.

in case you can't tell I agree with Judge Jeannine's commentary last Saturday.
If you did not see it check out YouTube

I just joined the forum.

My wife's brother was a special agent in the treasury department and he taught her to shoot many years ago. She loved to go shooting with him.
I was a drill Sargent in the army and trained peple to shoot at Fort Leanardwood during the Vietnam years.

About a year ago my son moved back to NH from Callifunny and began talking about getting a weapon. To my suprise my wife said that she would like to get one and shoot again so we all got concealed carry permits.

My son and I got 357 Sig 320 carries and he added a 9 mm conversion kit to his. My my wife decided to get a 9 mm Sig 938.

I love the 320 -357. It just feels good to me, but I have a 9mm conversion kit on order.

After shooting my wife's 938 in Hudson, my son and I both got a 938 because they shoot well and make great concealed carry weapons. They all have the BRG grip and my wife and I have the trigger guard laser.

I work in Mass and would like to get a Mass concealed carry permit but they make it almost impossible to get.
All I can say is they are M*******s and it would be appropriate if NH would not recognize Mass drivers licenses, confiscate their vehicles, and put them in jail for 1 year if they are caught driving in NH.

Meanwhile, we got a Sig 716 DMR from the sig proshop on Black Friday and are looking forward to putting some holes in targets, etc.

Lol we are not all like that .

I just joined the forum.

You can get cc in MA . I'm a transplant from Kansas. I got one. Of course I was a lowly corrections officer at the united States disciplinary Barracks. The state of M*******vania saw fit to grant me a ltc. Jump through the hoops and you'll get one.

Lol we are not all like that .

I was just about to say that. NH is my (hopeful) escape route when my Wife retires, hopefully within 1-2 years.

There are numerous threads here on getting a NR LTC out of Chelsea (FRB). It's expensive and tedious but doable. Putting a good reason together can get you an unrestricted NR LTC where you can actually CCW in MA.

Welcome and good luck.

Hey everyone -

Just joined the forum. I've been poking around a lot over the past few months and decided to become a member. I've definitely gained way more than $21 worth of information from this place.

New shooter living and working in the metrowest. Thinking of picking up a Sig P229 as my first handgun soon.

Thanks!

Hello, new to the forum. Not licensed yet, plan is for training course after new year for me, followed by applying for my class a ALP. New to shooting but very much looking forward to a new hobby and probably addiction. Found this page because every single Google search for information pertaining to ma led me hear and to goal. Already seen so much information on here. Trying to learn as much now so it will make my first gun purchase a more informed one.

I'm from saugus. Mostly been gathering general knowledge so far and checking out clubs trying to find what would be the best fit for me. As far as firearms go, so far in leaning towards a ruger sr22 for my first purchase. Something reliable, seems pretty easy to maintain. Ammo should be relatively cheap provided I can find it regularly. I'm sure I'll upgrade after putting a bunch of ammo downrange. Thanks for all the info I've gathered so far and I look forward to learning more as I browse some more.

Hi, New to the forum, and newbie to shooting in general. Just get my LTC and bought a Ruger 556 as my fisrt toy. Would like to find info about the places to shoot and any training info. Found this forum through web search. Live in Lexington and work in Bedford, most likely will check out locol clubs not very far from these places. Thanks everyone for so many information here.

New to the forum. Was an active range shooter as a teenager, then moved to the city and was out of the game, now live in the suburbs and getting back into it! I work in medicine and figured it's really time to start carrying to/from the office. Live in Georgetown, thinking of joining both Georgetown club and Danvers club, if anyone wants to be a sponsor member give me a shout!

Like others, I ended up here looking for Mass gun law info. I've been shooting recreationally for about 30 years. I've held a LTC A since the late 90's. I joined to have access to other gun owners in this confusing, frustrating and restrictive environment that is the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Thanks for having me.

Like others, I ended up here looking for Mass gun law info. I've been shooting recreationally for about 30 years. I've held a LTC A since the late 90's. I joined to have access to other gun owners in this confusing, frustrating and restrictive environment that is the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Thanks for having me.

Welcome. You can check out my sub-forum as I teach a seminar to help educate folks on the confusing MA gun laws such that they can stay out of legal trouble or at least understand where the snake-pits are located.

New here. I don't have much adult experience with firearms, but I used to shoot .22 rifles as a teenager at the Wareham Gun club. I'm looking to buy my first firearms and waiting for my license to process.

New to the forum. Was an active range shooter as a teenager, then moved to the city and was out of the game, now live in the suburbs and getting back into it! I work in medicine and figured it's really time to start carrying to/from the office. Live in Georgetown, thinking of joining both Georgetown club and Danvers club, if anyone wants to be a sponsor member give me a shout!

Former Georgetown member here. You'll like it there. If you shoot during the winter, some days you'll have the run of the place.

Back
Top Bottom