New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello to all. Hardly a "new" member but my first time checking in. Better late than never? Ive been browsing the forum and getting into shooting much more lately. This stuff is addicting! Currently becoming obsessed with AK variant rifles. Hoping to pick up my first one soon. There's so much to learn it makes my head spin...but thats good!

hello all, looking to get back into one of my favorite past times, and now get the kids involved also. 6 years USCM, charter capt, and licensed master plumber. glad to be here

Hello everyone! I'm just starting out here. I haven't shot anything in like 30 years, when I was shooting a rifle in summer camp.

My wife and I are scheduled to take our basic safety course next month and plan to apply for LTCs shortly thereafter. I'm looking forward to sponging some good knowledge from all of you on these forums (selfish, I know) and hopefully I'll be able to give something back over time.

Thanks for letting me in! [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hey All
I'm Bob. I live in Rockland, MA. I've enjoyed shooting and hunting for over 40 years. Shot competitively in the service many moons ago (Pretty decent rifle, pistol.......not so much. Ha!) Just getting back into it after a loooong lay off. I discovered this site via a Google search, for what, I don't know. (Early onset CRS.....Can't Remember S#!t !!). I've really enjoyed browsing this site over the past week or so and just bought a membership.
Cheers Everyone

Hi I just recently found NES.
I live in groveland mass.
My firearms experience has up until recently has been rifle (hunting...which I no longer do)
I am just beginning to enter the world of concealed carry. ( please don't kill me if I have some dumb questions )
i am looking at coarses at Sig Sauer accademy ( there are several that I am interested in)
I want to begin carrying concealed, but would like more training, as well as weekly trips to the range shooting my CCW

Hey Adam can i ask what your timeline was from application drop to LTC in hand?
I dropped of my app almost 3 weeks ago not even a interview yet.
Sorry also new to the forum
Hello all from Billerica

Last edited:
Hi all new member here but not new to nes. I've been reading the forums as a guest for years and finally decided to not be lazy and join. I've had my ltc and been shooting for 14 years. I live in south east mass. Thanks for having me.

Hi I was on the web looking for HP-Rifle schedules in 2016. I used to shoot and want to again and see about bringing some friends. I was an active member on the Navy shooting team for about 6 years. I am Distinguished Rifle and hold the P-100. I am also a passed Mass State High power rifle champion. I think I will open a thread in Rifle and ask for schedules if anybody has any. Will also be looking for travel rules...Hold Hard. Shoot X's they count as 10's

Hey everyone, have enjoyed reading/learning alot from NES these past few months and just wanted to introduce myself. I received my ltc last spring so have been a new gun owner under a year now. I don't come from a family with guns but really started getting into shooting after a friend brought me to the range for the first time. I was instantly hooked and truly enjoy trying to improve my skills as I shoot more and more.

Thanks for making this forum such a wealth of great info and look forward to continue learning more/improving my shooting.

p.s. membership check is in the mail and long overdue. Worth every penny.

Hey everyone new to NES, I stumbled across the forum yesterday, began reading current and old threads, and found NES to be a valuable resource of information that I wanted to be apart of. I am new to CC as of October 2015, however not new to handeling/fireing handguns and riffles. I grew up around guns with my father being former military, Vietnam Vet.

Im originally from New Bedford Ma, reside in Somerset Ma for the past 5 years
Current Massachusetts Class A unrestricted LTC
In the process of obtaining Rhode Island + Utah non-resident
NRA Member
Awaiting processing of application to New Bedford Revolver and Rifle Club.

Howd'y from the Mason-Dixon line.

Hello, Had a friend tell me about this site. Hope to learn from and share with people knowledge.

Since politics seems ok to be discussed here It should be interesting.

Here is a bit about me. I always supported the second amendment, but did not own a gun other than a shotgun I inherited when my dad died in 2005. In 2010 there was a shooting in front of my house that was drug related. I don't live in the best area, but it was a starter home and we were not aware of the area reputation. Had my wife been home 10 minutes earlier from choir practice at the church she would have bit shot. Instead the savages hit my car. That weekend we bought our first guns. Got our carry permits and so forth.

I was born in Delaware and educated in the great state of Alabama. My family comes from lots of southern stock. I did history and political science as a double major and still read up on the subject. I was a high school and college football player. In a brief lapse of sanity I decided to get into rodeo and competed in steer wrestling mostly, but could also rope and have ridden a couple bulls.

I hope to learn the rules of guns and ideas of them up in new England as I have found there are many patriotic Yankees and patriotism does not stop at the Mason-Dixon line. I had often thought that. I even married a yankee. I will say they do have some really pretty ones. She makes great pasta, but I want chicken and biscuits its popyes where I am at.

I am about as conservative as you can get on many things. Some things I am a bit of libertarian on. I will always give an opinion on a personal issue like the confederate flag or when people up north complain about Obama. I often remind them we tried to warn them about big government and they would not listen.

I work in finance now, but have worn a badge as an auxiliary officer.

Faith and family are very important to me.

Hobbies wise I play guitar and lift weights. I did not lift weights when I finished college as I got a desk job and was working HUGE hours since I was 23. I got back into lifteing 1.5 years ago at 39. I was 380 and on the verge of diabetes but now am down to 325. The doctors would like me to 270, but my diet sucks. Couple protein shakes a day, A decent meal, a junk meal and a protein bar, but people at the gym seem to notice.

Not sure what else to say. But I should warn that I am very anti-illegal immigration. I agree with some of the people who don't want unvetted refugees coming potentially bringing terrorism and I almost believe Obama to be the person that history books in 200 years will look at as a key factor in destroying the nation. I hope its not game over for the usa, but it seems we have never been as divided.

Oh and I think they should have hung the boston bomber from a sour apple tree. I know things are a bit different up here, but I cant believe they took him alive.

One thing I have found funny is how many good guns like Colt and Smith and Wesson are made in rather not gun friendly places.

Questions? just ask. Think I am too hard core, let me know and I will tone it to what is acceptable to what the average of the forum is.

Damn it. I forgot to say hi in the thread and just dove right into posting and buying a membership. My bad.

Anyways, I just recently moved from Western MA to Canton, MA (also my bad) and stumbled across this website when I was googling for more information about gun ownership in Massachusetts. I took the Basic Safety Course 7 years ago but never filed the paperwork, so I decided to take it again this past weekend and file it in the new town. Didn't realize how strict Canton was before I took the class, but it shouldn't be an issue. I go in to the PD on the 5th of February for my interview, then it's the loooooooooooong wait. [smile]

Fresh fish here. I'm a long time firearms owner, but decided to take my interest online. In my mid 30s, NRA member, and have a daughter being born in about 2 weeks. Those are the only things of note I can think of at the moment. I look forward to chatting with you guys. Be safe.

Good Morning, newly joined member. Live on the North Shore of Mass. Shoot regularly at my club, mostly .22 , .223 , and 9mm. Found this forum after purchasing my MP-15 22 and was shopping for aftermarket fitups. Lot of good threads and interesting topics, Hope to learn more than what I already know, I 'm a GOAL and NRA member also.

Hello! Moved to mass from Vermont (what was I thinking, right?!?!) and finally got my act together and brought my guns down. The site has been a huge resource in learning some mass gun laws and the LTC process, as well as many other things. Hopefully I'll be contributing soon!

Hello and good morning to all. My name is john. Recently moved to leominster, and I'm looking into getting a membership to a club in the area.

I do have a question though, did anyone receive an email about the minute men club in burlington? To skeet shoot til 3/13/2016 for non members? I am thinking of attending that this sunday. But I'm not sure if it's a real RSVP? Idk how they got my email too. I should call and find out I guess.

As for firearms, I have an 870 action express lightly modified, 1942 mosin nagant, SR22, LC9, and a Frankenstein AR15 ( Anderson lower)

I am currently saving up for something nice, rare, and valuable. Also saving for a house too. Anything else you'd like to know feel free to ask.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hi John you should check out Leominster Sportsmen's. They have rifle matches every Sunday that you can attend. You will meet people there who can help you get in the club. From the GOAL newsletter:

Leominster Sportsmen's Association will be holding its Winter Rifle Matches on Sunday mornings, starting December 6th through the end of March - 9-11am at Camp Bartlett, 1455 Elm St. It's any rifle/any sights or scope, 20 shots in 20 minutes at 100 yards on SR-1 targets, standing ("offhand") in our heated range house. costs $5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John you should check out Leominster Sportsmen's. They have rifle matches every Sunday that you can attend. You will meet people there who can help you get in the club. From the GOAL newsletter:

Leominster Sportsmen's Association will be holding its Winter Rifle Matches on Sunday mornings, starting December 6th through the end of March - 9-11am at Camp Bartlett, 1455 Elm St. It's any rifle/any sights or scope, 20 shots in 20 minutes at 100 yards on SR-1 targets, standing ("offhand") in our heated range house. costs $5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. I have been interested in doing competitive matches, small ones for my skill. My nagant is iron sights, and same with my AR.

I am a gun newbie. Just took the basic firearm course a few weeks ago and last Saturday took a 1 hour live firing training session at a local range/club with an instructor. Now it is on to getting my application together. Was thinking of checking out MFS in Holliston as they rent handguns at their range. Would like to shoot some more/different handguns so I can figure out what makes sense. With the instructor I shot S&W .40, Glock .45, Glock 9mm, 1911 .45. Did pretty good, although low and left.

Gun newbie here. Just applied for LTC in Leominster. While I wait for that, got a friend that has his LTC that take me shooting a mass firearms school. Just trying how to learn and take in as much info as I can and shoot as much as I can.

Hi all, I'm kind of new here, been lurking off and on for a while.
I've been an active bullseye shooter for a long time, also enjoy an occasional service rifle match.
I like to break a few clays and scare a grouse now and then too.
Lovin' this site, lots of activity, plenty of info.
Like Mark Twain, I'm suspicious of any group that would have me as a member. ; )

Hi

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!

Hi. New to the site. Still waiting for my LTC in the mail. Should be soon then I'm off to purchase my first firearm. Been researching for months. Wondering if anyone knows if Springfield XDS will ever become a mass compliant handgun. I've heard that Springfield doesn't want or care to, but didn't know if anyone here had any additional info.
Thanks

Welcome mprev. I'm new as well, for the XDS I highly doubt ma will let it through. Taxachusetts kinda blows like that. Congrats on getting your LTC soon.

Hey,
Long time lurker of this site. After taking a handgun safety course many years ago, I finally got my LTC. Just picked up a 10/22 and finished building an ar15.
Haven't been shooting since I got out of the Army in '07. Really looking forward to getting some trigger time.
Trying to find a Range/Club to join. Thinking Harvard, just need to find a sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom