New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi everyone!

Just got my unrestricted LTC about a month ago. Already picked up a Sig P938 and a Century N-PAP AK-47. Been lurking here for a bit but figured I should join the discussions.

+1 for the 938. Nice little Sig. I own a Century RAS47. Nice going 7.62x39 right out of the gate. [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All, I looked at a few forums and find this one to be the best. I was an active shooter in the 60's and 70's but things got in the way like raising and educating kids and travelling with work so I sold my guns and let my permit expire.[crying] Now that I'm retired I want to get back into it. I have taken the safety classes and applied for my LTC so now it's just waiting. My next dilemma is that some of the guns I have my eye on are in short supply or not on the MA approved list (what a joke!) Too late in life to move out of state so it's just wait and deal with it. I will be seeking a lot of help from the good people here.

Thanks, Joeb41

What did you wind up selling, and are you kicking yourself now? We must know.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Forum,

I'm one of those people climbing back in the saddle after a bunch of years away while family, business, and kids ruled the roost. Shot competition extensively and had an LTC through the early 90's. Yea, i'm one of the dopes that in the busyness of things back then let it lapse. So starting from scratch, taking a 2 day course next week to get the cert. required and will then hope for the best on the LTC being unrestricted. The wife is also going to be getting back in the swing of things too. Ahh the advantages of a kid free house and a bit more time on our hands to hit the range and get and stay sharp and safe. And of course shop for some new hardware!!

Sounds like you could probably teach the course. [laugh]

I was into bullseye shooting then. I sold my three target pistols, a 1911 GI .45, a S&W model 41 and a High Standard .22 cal. Trophy. The .45 and the Mod. 41 were accurized by Jim Clark, Shreveport LA. The .45 machine rest grouped at just over 2'". Clark was the best at the time and I think his son still runs the shop.
[crying][crying]

I was into bullseye shooting then. I sold my three target pistols, a 1911 GI .45, a S&W model 41 and a High Standard .22 cal. Trophy. The .45 and the Mod. 41 were accurized by Jim Clark, Shreveport LA. The .45 machine rest grouped at just over 2'". Clark was the best at the time and I think his son still runs the shop. [crying][crying]

Let the rebuilding phase begin anew.

Hello NES,

I am in my mid to late 40's, and just got my first LTC. I never had much interest in guns, but recently I have become more interested for various reasons. I more or less decided there are too many maniacs and not enough sheepdogs, so I made a decision to do what I could to fashion myself into a civilian sheepdog. I know it's a long road for someone starting from scratch, with no military or LEO experience, and I hope I never am put to the test, but I at least want to be able to think that wherever I am, everyone around me is at least a little bit safer.

I have a couple of friends who helped push me along, motivating me to get licensed and start practicing, and also recommended this forum to me...so hear I am, license in hand, but yet to make a purchase. There is a lot to learn, and I have been buying up all the associated crap one needs other than just guns and ammo....secure storage, some appropriate CCW clothing, a cleaning kit, eye and ear protection, on and on and on.....pretty much everything but an actual firearm at this point.

Naturally, I already have a long mental list of guns I "need", and guns I "want"....subject to change, of course. I look forward to meeting and discussing with the other members here, on forums and perhaps a few at the range someday soon.

In the meantime, I'll keep ghosting the forums here....there is much to read, learn, and enjoy here. I have lots and lots of questions and likely most of the answers are in here somewhere.

Happy to meet my new brothers and sisters here, on this Ides of March. [wink] Caesar should have armed himself.

Punty

Punty,

Welcome to the forum and gun ownership.

I will tell you that in MA if you use a gun to protect others, you are likely to get a long stay in prison for your efforts.

I strongly suggest that you buy Atty. Andy Branca's book "The Law of Self Defense" and attend his seminar when given in the area (he's out of Maynard, so local). The book is available on Amazon and more info here:
http://lawofselfdefense.com/

Additionally, after getting a bit of experience with handguns, consider taking the NRA Personal Protection In the Home and Outside the Home courses. There is a lot more to it than merely using the gun. The shooting drills in these courses are good, but there is a lot of classroom material about avoiding conflict, hardening your home and yourself, how to deal with the aftermath. Disclaimer: I teach both of these courses and www.nrainstructors.org will show courses taught by myself and others in the area.

Punty,

Welcome to the forum and gun ownership.

I will tell you that in MA if you use a gun to protect others, you are likely to get a long stay in prison for your efforts.

I strongly suggest that you buy Atty. Andy Branca's book "The Law of Self Defense" and attend his seminar when given in the area (he's out of Maynard, so local). The book is available on Amazon and more info here:
http://lawofselfdefense.com/

Additionally, after getting a bit of experience with handguns, consider taking the NRA Personal Protection In the Home and Outside the Home courses. There is a lot more to it than merely using the gun. The shooting drills in these courses are good, but there is a lot of classroom material about avoiding conflict, hardening your home and yourself, how to deal with the aftermath. Disclaimer: I teach both of these courses and www.nrainstructors.org will show courses taught by myself and others in the area.

I intend to take most of the courses available at Mass Firearms School

Hi All,

New member here. Just picked up my MA Class A Unrestricted last night from my local PD. Longtime gun and shooting enthusiast. I lived in NH for several years and used to carry up there. Now that I am in MA I finally finished the lengthy process to get my LTC. Looking for recommendations on good shops in the north shore/metro west area in MA with good inventory.

Thanks
Jason

Greetings NES Forumites! I am a newly registered forum user, and I am here to say hello and introduce myself. I am 35, and just applied for my LTC. I've never had any run-ins with the law and I live in Grafton, so I expect my application will be approved shortly. The application process in town here was very easy, I dropped off my paperwork with who I assume was a civilian PD employee who was very nice, got my picture and prints taken and was out the door in about 15 minutes.

I've been interested in firearms for a while but never had the motivation to pull the trigger (pun intended) on getting licensed until recently - the world just seems to be getting crazier and crazier and I would rather be prepared for the worst than be a victim if things get bad. The skill and practice of target shooting appeals to me as well, I am always looking for a new challenge. I've also really been enjoying researching handguns for concealed carry and learning the history of some of the larger gun makers - I never realized what a rich history in the firearms industry there was right here in my home state.

I'm looking forward to joining a club locally, a friend is a member at the Worcester Pistol and Rifle club, so I'm hoping to join there once they open up some memberships and I will probably become a member of the range at the Mass Firearms School until then so I can take advantage of their armory to find the right pistol for myself.

Outside of self defense, I am interested in Star Wars - I have seen all the movies and tv shows, read all of the novels and most of the comic books; video games - I was a kid in the 80s and 90s so I grew up playing Nintendo and Sega and I'm a PC gamer as an adult with actual money to spend on my hobbies; and I am an avid comic reader - I was always a big fan of The Punisher, but these days I am reading The Walking Dead and about a dozen other titles more appropriate for mature readers than kid's superhero comics.

I look forward to getting to know the community and becoming a good shot!

Cheers!

New to the board here. Grew up in a household with firearms but I was never very interested in them until more recently. I had a couple .22LR rifles (Marlin and Stevens) given to me by my father that just sat in the closet unused. I always appreciated firearms but didn't have the time or money to get into it. I started making time and then like an idiot spent all my money on a Glock 17, Glock 43, Colt LE6920, upgrades/accessories, about 10k rounds of ammo (I don't know whats wrong with me), some training, a club membership, LTC classes etc. Now I'm BROKE but I have been popping off about 100 rounds a week for the past 6 months.

Aside from blowing all my cash (my fault) I am loving this sport. All week all I can think about is the hour or two I will spend at the range the upcoming weekend. I'm 31, married, kid, house, dog etc and this sport has for the first time given me and my father something to really enjoy together. As I get older I find myself dropping my old interests (surfing, biking, rock climbing) and finding more interest in the things he has always been into like hunting and fishing. Will start to check back on the site and hopefully find some threads where I can converse. I have always been more of a lurker on forums but we'll see, maybe this one will be different.

Well apparently I didn't see this post... I'm new, My name is Melissa I'm in the Berkshires, MA and I have been shooting for just about 2 years. I just applied for my LTC a few months ago and I'm waiting on it now. I was 100% anti gun until my best friend let me shoot his Ruger LC9 and his high point 995 and I have been hooked ever since. My fiancé bought me a Beretta 92FS, his arsenal includes SW M&P 15, SW 1911, Beretta 92FS and a 1943 M1 Garand. I think that's all.

Hi Jason,

I usually go to four seasons in Woburn for supplies. Their prices and selection are pretty decent. Try to go on a weekday, the weekends are mobbed and the shop isn't all that big. Hope this helps!

Hi All,

New member here. Just picked up my MA Class A Unrestricted last night from my local PD. Longtime gun and shooting enthusiast. I lived in NH for several years and used to carry up there. Now that I am in MA I finally finished the lengthy process to get my LTC. Looking for recommendations on good shops in the north shore/metro west area in MA with good inventory.

Thanks
Jason

New to the board here. Grew up in a household with firearms but I was never very interested in them until more recently. I had a couple .22LR rifles (Marlin and Stevens) given to me by my father that just sat in the closet unused. I always appreciated firearms but didn't have the time or money to get into it. I started making time and then like an idiot spent all my money on a Glock 17, Glock 43, Colt LE6920, upgrades/accessories, about 10k rounds of ammo (I don't know whats wrong with me), some training, a club membership, LTC classes etc. Now I'm BROKE but I have been popping off about 100 rounds a week for the past 6 months.

Aside from blowing all my cash (my fault) I am loving this sport. All week all I can think about is the hour or two I will spend at the range the upcoming weekend. I'm 31, married, kid, house, dog etc and this sport has for the first time given me and my father something to really enjoy together. As I get older I find myself dropping my old interests (surfing, biking, rock climbing) and finding more interest in the things he has always been into like hunting and fishing. Will start to check back on the site and hopefully find some threads where I can converse. I have always been more of a lurker on forums but we'll see, maybe this one will be different.

Welcome. Glad you're getting back in the saddle. Being a surfer, I can't allow you to drop the surfing [laugh]. Drop the biking and rock climbing. Keep the surfing. I understand how you feel. One of my credit cards is dedicated to gun related stuff. It gets a regular workout.

- - - Updated - - -

Well apparently I didn't see this post... I'm new, My name is Melissa I'm in the Berkshires, MA and I have been shooting for just about 2 years. I just applied for my LTC a few months ago and I'm waiting on it now. I was 100% anti gun until my best friend let me shoot his Ruger LC9 and his high point 995 and I have been hooked ever since. My fiancé bought me a Beretta 92FS, his arsenal includes SW M&P 15, SW 1911, Beretta 92FS and a 1943 M1 Garand. I think that's all.

Now it's your duty to do that to someone else. [smile]. This is a game of inches these days.

I'm finally glad to see another woman on here. Welcome!! I am also way out in the western part of MA, and in the summer time and weekends, on the RI shoreline ;) Now it's your duty like it was to mine to help remove the anti-gun block that a lot of other women have in their minds as well. Take some of your girlfriends shooting and change a few minds. It's one thing to talk about AR15's in the news, it's quite another thing to actually see it up close and even try shooting it for one's self.

I happen to shoot first Sat of the month with some women at my club. Just to let you ladies know, we shoot at North Brookfield Sportsmen's Club. Always a pleasure to see more woman shooting. Denise sort of runs it, she also became the treasurer of our club. She also runs the Women on Target which will be coming up in June or July.

Welcome. Glad you're getting back in the saddle. Being a surfer, I can't allow you to drop the surfing [laugh]. Drop the biking and rock climbing. Keep the surfing. I understand how you feel. One of my credit cards is dedicated to gun related stuff. It gets a regular workout.

I wish I had time to get out there. In my teens and twenties I would drop anything to catch a good swell. Like I said, with the wife, kid, and bills its just so hard to work into the schedule. I keep telling myself I will pick it up again when life settles down a bit. But who am I kidding, life probably never settles down. The wife tells me she wishes I would get back into the water because it was the only thing that could keep me from being a grumpy bastard [laugh].

Hi, been lurking for a bit, waiting for my appt. with the licensing officer in Weymouth on the 27th. Been shooting since I was about 6, held a LTC in MA back when I was an avid hunter (18-23) then moved to NH and got a permit there. Let my MA license lapse. Stopped hunting at about 28ish, no time, too many hobbies, too little money. Moved back to MA. Now I'm older, and too old for some of the old hobbies, and figured I'd get back into shooting again.

Also, the wife, who WAS an anti, all of a sudden looked at me about a year ago and said "I want to go shooting". So I signed us up for a class, and she loved it! Since I can't get her to get her own motorcycle, then I guess we will shoot together.

Hello,

I think this is my first time posting anything here. My name is Joe, and I am from Connecticut. I have met a few of you guys in person, but I don't know what your usernames are. I am an unemployed college student (Bernie Clinton '16 make America great again), and US Army veteran. I probably own less firearms than most of you, but I have more than my bank account wants me to have. I try to shoot most weekends with @allahsnackbah but sometimes I'm just too lazy. I drink too much, exercise too little, and eat whatever the **** I want. I'm looking forward to being a member of the NES community. Also, I'm a big fan of gay/dick jokes.

Hello,

I think this is my first time posting anything here. My name is Joe, and I am from Connecticut. I have met a few of you guys in person, but I don't know what your usernames are. I am an unemployed college student (Bernie Clinton '16 make America great again), and US Army veteran. I probably own less firearms than most of you, but I have more than my bank account wants me to have. I try to shoot most weekends with @allahsnackbah but sometimes I'm just too lazy. I drink too much, exercise too little, and eat whatever the **** I want. I'm looking forward to being a member of the NES community. Also, I'm a big fan of gay/dick jokes.

B====D~

Hello,

A friend of Snacks who likes dick jokes? You don't say! Shocker!
Welcome to the board. You're the medic, right?

Back
Top Bottom