New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

SMALL World connsolo, I'm from MN as well, just west of the twin cities.

I'm new too, but it sounds like I'm a bit further along in the process if you have any MN to MA transition questions.

I might take you up on that! We haven't settled on a town yet. Our search is really just beginning. It's been quite a shock seeing how restrictive the laws are, and how reluctant a lot of communities are to issuing carry permits. "Shall issue" sure doesn't seem like it.

Very sorry to hear this. Keep in mind that possession of ARs/AKs and ~13 other so-called AWs plus ANY >10 rd rifle mags (no such thing as pre-ban) or >6 rd shotgun (including tubes) are ILLEGAL in BOSTON (and their various villages), so plan on NOT living in the City (or its villages) or Brookline or Watertown and you should be better off.

Ha! Thanks for the condolences, and the Boston/awb reminder. In spite of all the anti gun silliness we're really looking forward to this next chapter in our lives.

- - - Updated - - -

That was home for the owner of this forum. PM "Admin" and he'll convince you to move to NH instead of MA! [laugh]

Sounds like a good guy. How are the laws in Rhode Island? Providence looks nice.

Ha! Thanks for the condolences, and the Boston/awb reminder. In spite of all the anti gun silliness we're really looking forward to this next chapter in our lives.

Sounds like a good guy. How are the laws in Rhode Island? Providence looks nice.

I'll leave it to others to answer for Providence. I know that many have great difficulties getting a gun permit in RI, don't know about Providence. I do know that for many reasons I would not want to live there.

Good morning, Dean from Marlborough... I've had a FID for many years until I got my LTC from Framingham about 4 1/2 year ago. Moved to Mashpee after a friendly divorce (yeah I know, very lucky) and my fiancé and I just bought a home in Marlborough. Been following this forum for several years after a friend recommended I check it out. Appears to be a lot of great advice... good to be here.

Hey guys, Will from Methuen. I'm RubiconLJ's son, got out of the Marines back in August and spent some time in Commufornia.
Spent my last two years on active duty as a combat marksmanship coach, teaching people how to sling lead. Interviewing for my LTC on the 9th of May. Glad to be here.

Hi everyone! I'm Lee, from Reading, MA. I was a long-time unregistered lurker to these forums (starting in 2014). I finally have my LTC (no restrictions); a newbie, but learning. I found NES while looking for general info on how to get involved in shooting sports in MA. The forums have been a great resource to understand all the complexities of MA gun laws--thanks to all the regulars!

Hey guys,

I'm a longtime lurker but am just going to start posting now. I moved to Boston for college in 2011 and have now moved here permanently from Montana. I'm currently in Brookline and am waiting to have my LTC approved.

I am also in the process of patenting a bolt action AR upper, and hope to become an 07 FFL to sell my product once it's done, so stay tuned! I'm looking for a range to join. I'm leaning toward Braintree Rifle and Pistol. I'm also looking for a room I can rent in a manufacturing-zoned area so that I can apply for my FFL, which cannot be in a residential area per MA state law.

Feel free to PM me if you're in the Boston area and want to say hi or if you have recommendations on where I can find a range or a or a manufacturing-zoned space.

Thanks!

Steve W
SWG Concepts

Last edited:
Been shooting since I was 12 and a member of this forum for years though just lurked. I have lived in RI and CA and just recently moved to MA/Holliston and just picked up my LTC. It has been interesting learning about the MA laws, never thought I'd miss California for shooting (at least from an ability to purchase just about any handgun due to single shot exemptions.)

Been shooting since I was 12 and a member of this forum for years though just lurked. I have lived in RI and CA and just recently moved to MA/Holliston and just picked up my LTC. It has been interesting learning about the MA laws, never thought I'd miss California for shooting (at least from an ability to purchase just about any handgun due to single shot exemptions.)
They closed that loophole recently, didn't they?

Moving to MA

God help us, we're moving to Massachusetts!

Hi all, Minnesotan here. Pending an offer letter we will be moving to Boston. Looking forward to getting to know the MA shooting sports scene and getting involved with local firearm advocacy.

Now I just need to fix up the house, sell it, find a new house, trade all my non compliant stuff, and hope we end up somewhere that'll issue me an unrestricted ltc.

Good times.

This site has already been a great resource, happy to be here.

You should feel right at home with out Senators considering Minn. had Al Franken.

Hi everyone my name is Mike I'm new to shooting, just got my Mass Ltc about a month ago. I recently purchased my first pistol I bought an hk vp9 and I'm really enjoying it so far. I stumbled onto nes while searching for various shooting and gun information. Looking forward to using this site for learning or lending info or advice .

Hi everyone my name is Mike I'm new to shooting, just got my Mass Ltc about a month ago. I recently purchased my first pistol I bought an hk vp9 and I'm really enjoying it so far. I stumbled onto nes while searching for various shooting and gun information. Looking forward to using this site for learning or lending info or advice .

Welcome to our big, dysfunctional family. [laugh]

Hey All,

Just picked up and put together my first long range rifle.

Savage model 10 FCP-SR .308 Win
20" Fluted heavy threaded barrel
Sirearms Muzzle Brake
Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x50 Optics
S-Series high picatinny ring mounts
Harris HBRMS 6-9" Swivel Bipod

Just joined the NRA and I am being interviewed this week for a membership at my local 600yd range.
I have been using this site as a resource for a while now without much to post.
Just thought I would say hello!

hVXhcQcMirQUbhmcUZt67DHkzY73nZL3APKYEEZs_mSyKOHGFw9_6YJUAo7HBEZJZV88LyccljIcyPgVyC3WDWCcd2K8VZFUBdn898T_IJBrA2HrkQ3DGfWhaRwscjlZ-TfszBOHIsQe7Rty_P332BXydIqstqwl_HU3HIjMFrUgbFDFjs_omGx40n2mcs7zEIVQYJ2Vi626RK4becrV9Lqg-URibMBRS4AH2dw6o50atR4oG6c1lQvr_Vwclt3SFnWhh0-6GQjjgvdwOHyOvJvsaM8Jd-vwj43XIk5OxCya-13aWRbYttPAV411WUqWcZQp9-bFIxB7V5Yxt34iYIrLbhEWW5tpUG_9PKFM9-g_Pp087VjCYhLQwauVuc3eD9478DfFeHGj-zgk-i_41PmjPtw8ztb5l3Kj0nZ6VvdB0SfY85_P_uxGOh1-y8NGOvmmd_iYt1NSYDB2DvVQA5Vr9ehMrB2P-2uRctK7FfKpLoqAF5ghrR-tb2We-aThS3UVOgl7AzSB_ECWolL_7mLyuHKgzujfI8Bz2h8TUxicrRHEqTZMQmxG1Mb2VRSb7wTOne4b8fp-ACT8ayg5DL2Y_uuv9A9Y=w861-h639-no

Last edited:
I've been lurking long enough to check in here. I hope to eventually be knowledgable enough to help others the way this forum has helped me so far.

I am a member of Comm2a and GOAL.

Hey everyone!

Brand new member here. I live in Peabody, MA, and I received my LTC two weeks ago. Since then I have been to the range three times and purchased my first handgun! Before then I had never shot before or even handled a firearm before. My new favorite hobby for sure! I found this forum by searching for more firearm information that pertained to MA specifically. Glad to be a part of this forum!

I am so new here. Living in SwVa and having friends from upstate (Rochester)NY and relatives in NH I thought i would drop in. Smith Mountain Lake here has a large number of retirees from northern states and the finger lakes region resemble the area I live in here.
Anyway,here I am.:)

Hey everyone, I'm a new member but have read through the forums occasionally for the past 2 or so years. Previously a Marine, currently LEO in the not so great state of MA.

Hello!! I'm a new member but have been actively reading the forums/information on this site for many years now. I decided to finally join after seeing a classified ad that I was interested in. I'm former LEO and have also worked extensively in armed contract security. Glad to be here!

A hello from an old school member :) Life has been great. My son is almost a year and a half. Both business locations are doing very well. Was able to convince my wife to move to NH from MA, so we grabbed a house with 2.5 acres. Can't wait till moving day :)

Hope all has been well with all my friends here. Sorry I have not made any gatherings but time will pass and I can get back to my favorite passion/hobby.

Speaking of leaving MA...have a few guns that can't be brought back in once I leave. Figure I will leave them in MA where they can be loved and cared for. Is a FTF still preferred (pretty sure I know this answer) or do I have to find a FFL to do the transfer?

FTF correct :)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I'm in Bridgewater. Currently I don't own a gun. I've been thinking about it for a long time now and given current events combined with the November election, I figure it's time to stop thinking and start doing. I found this site while researching the regulations/process for ownership in MA and it looked like a great resource. I have lots of questions and will be spending time searching through threads to see what I can learn before posting anything. Looking forward to finding out what I need to know and finally doing what should have been done long ago. Thanks!

Hi Everyone! I'm in Bridgewater. Currently I don't own a gun. I've been thinking about it for a long time now and given current events combined with the November election, I figure it's time to stop thinking and start doing. I found this site while researching the regulations/process for ownership in MA and it looked like a great resource. I have lots of questions and will be spending time searching through threads to see what I can learn before posting anything. Looking forward to finding out what I need to know and finally doing what should have been done long ago. Thanks!

Hello Bornredhead. Welcome to NES! Glad to have you as a soon to be gun owner! Yes, there's a wealth of information in past and current threads. Hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do. I've made some great friends and met a lot of wonderful people over the years because of NES.

Back
Top Bottom