New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Howdy! Live in Shrewsbury, applied for my LTC-A when I was working as a kind of travelling tech/money courier for my arcade company, and now I'm a C&R holder and do minor gunsmithing in my spare time. Sweeney told me to get on this site after I met him at Cabela's one day. I've peeked around this sight a few times in the past but never made an account.

Well, now I'm part of the community!

been on the forum since 2012 but never really posted and forgot about it, just recently found the site again. Im a Marine corps vet(o331). love the outdoors. have a bunch of guns, dont get to shoot very much anymore (working for the man). living the dream. oh and i suck at spelling so all you grammer nazis out there im your wet dream, Cheers. lol

Hey Guys!

New member herem active on a few other forums with the same name.

What actually got me here was Boris, and his building of a glock type.

I am much more of a lurker than a poster, But i'll try to come out of my shell.

I've started dabbling in making firearms as a hobby, Slow and steady, but the end product is always nice, Im more of a tinkerer than an engineer i guess.
80%'s and building up from there is the way i've been doing it, One of these years when i can get a hold of some of the right equipment i'm gonna test my luck with an AK, they dont look tough at all, but it's just having the equipment.

Alright! well thanks for having me.

Last edited:
new guy here not new to shooting sports shot NRA small bore from grade school to high school . also shot trap , went to conservation camp in the 80's former member of Lynn F&G use upland bird and duck hunt . In the 80=90's played paintball as a pro / semi pro freelancer

Hi,
New here. Novice shooter stuck on Nantucket with not many options to shoot. LTC 6 years. Got sent here by the guys at Cape Gun Works when looking for a Glock 20. Good resource for Mass. classifieds and Mass. related issues. Mostly Glocks here with an M&P 40 mixed in. Various long guns collecting dust in the safe but hoping to do better. I don't figure I'll post much but I am hoping to learn some from what I read here.
Thanks, Jeff

Hello,

I have found a lot of very useful info here, so I thought it was only right that I pony up the dough to support the site -- honestly it is a modest amount toward maintaining such a valuable resource.

Thanks

P.S.> Besides, I have been dying to use this avatar somewhere!

Last edited:
Hi Guys
I've been a machinist for 20+ years new to the forum and to gun ownership ....looking forward to asking alot of questions
thanks

Mike

well not really new, but I am new. Was a green member a couple years back but not very active, life got in the way and I'm back and hope to be more active than I was before. Will be green again soon too :). Just got my LTC and I am ready to learn tons now

EMTMom, otherwise known as Carrie, wife to EMTDad. Very little hands on experience, lots of desire. I used a groupon and went to the range with EMTDad back in the spring. Terrified, but survived. Then he convinced me to go to a Women on Target event in August at the Auburn Sportsman's Club. Well, I went in with one frame of mind (read this as "Fine! I will go and do this for you.") and left with a laundry list of firearms and accessories that I needed to own and clubs that I needed to join. Yes, this is a need. Two weeks later, I applied for my LTC and I am currently waiting for that to arrive. Impatiently. Since then I have attended MOE and had one of the best days of fun with my family ever. I have two young boys who love archery and shooting sports as well, and have become outdoors enthusiast thanks to family tent camping trips and scouting.

During this time as well, I have done a lot of reading about laws, regulations and had a few questions on the lunacy of most of it. I am here because I am pretty certain EMTDad wanted to stop answering questions ;)

Aside from this, I work at Bass Pro Shops as of Wednesday (guess who is excited about this!), hold a leader position in cub scouts, a helper position in boy scouts, active in my church, love animals (cats, bearded dragon, fish are meh and the dog drives me crazy). Kayaking, camping, photography, messing in the kitchen complete my hobbies.

And I want to be a sniper when I grow up.

Thanks for having me!

Last edited:
EMTMom, otherwise known as Carrie, wife to EMTDad. Very little hands on experience, lots of desire. I used a groupon and went to the range with EMTDad back in the spring. Terrified, but survived. Then he convinced me to go to a Women on Target event in August at the Auburn Sportsman's Club. Well, I went in with one frame of mind (read this as "Fine! I will go and do this for you.") and left with a laundry list of firearms and accessories that I needed to own and clubs that I needed to join. Yes, this is a need. Two weeks later, I applied for my LTC and I am currently waiting for that to arrive. Impatiently. Since then I have attended MOE and had one of the best days of fun with my family ever. I have two young boys who love archery and shooting sports as well, and have become outdoors enthusiast thanks to family tent camping trips and scouting.

During this time as well, I have done a lot of reading about laws, regulations and had a few questions on the lunacy of most of it. I am here because I am pretty certain EMTDad wanted to stop answering questions ;)

Aside from this, I work at Bass Pro Shops as of Wednesday (guess who is excited about this!), hold a leader position in cub scouts, a helper position in boy scouts, active in my church, love animals (cats, bearded dragon, fish are meh and the dog drives me crazy). Kayaking, camping, photography, messing in the kitchen complete my hobbies.

And I want to be a sniper when I grow up.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome. Don't listen to the "experts" at Bass Pro regarding gun law or you will learn mostly wrong info.

Spend some time reading the MA Gun Law sub-forum stickies and you'll be way ahead of the curve.

What dept at BP are you going to be working in?

I live in central Massachusetts and just recently renewed my ltc. When I was young I had a relative who was the marksman trainer for the police department he was on. We'd go shooting and it was like a candy store - what do you want to shoot today? 38 Special? 44 Magnum? Glock 9mm? He had a great collection and was generous about letting me shoot. I've always enjoyed it but life got busy and I let my license lapse. My son told me about this forum. I'm looking forward to shooting on a more regular basis and learning/talking here. Thanks for adding me!

Hey what's up guys I'm Brandon from Tewksbury, MA. Very new to guns in general, going to an LTC-007 class tomorrow night and been reading a lot about everything. Whenever I Google Massachusetts related gun topics this site comes up so here I am! Hopefully any questions I may have can be either found by searching (like a lot) or by everyone else here! Seems like a great community thanks!

Hey what's up guys I'm Brandon from Tewksbury, MA. Very new to guns in general, going to an LTC-007 class tomorrow night and been reading a lot about everything. Whenever I Google Massachusetts related gun topics this site comes up so here I am! Hopefully any questions I may have can be either found by searching (like a lot) or by everyone else here! Seems like a great community thanks!

welcome Brandon...enjoy NES and good luck with the LTC..

Hello, my name is Jack and I moved to Framingham about a year ago. I found your site searching for information on getting a LTC A. I am getting my information together to apply and found this site to be very helpful.

I did some shooting at a club (rifle) about 20 years ago and I am getting back into it again. I attended the Basic Firearms Safety Course at Mass Firearms last month and it was an excellent course.

Thanks!

Hello, my name is Jack and I moved to Framingham about a year ago. I found your site searching for information on getting a LTC A. I am getting my information together to apply and found this site to be very helpful.

I did some shooting at a club (rifle) about 20 years ago and I am getting back into it again. I attended the Basic Firearms Safety Course at Mass Firearms last month and it was an excellent course.

Thanks!

Goodluck in the great fight sir! Welcome!

I realized I missed posting here after already making a couple posts. I'm Jon, living in the Hampstead area of NH. A quick check on this thread makes it seem like I'm not the only WPI alum on the board. Since moving out of the terrible city of worcester and that awful state I picked up a PMR30 and Taurus tcp (because it was on sale and Second amendment arms only charges $10 for the 2nd FFL transfer on the same day, lol) and I've been shooting those a bit. And just in the mail today I got a couple 80% ep armory lowers and a nice 223 wylde ff quad rail upper and lower build kit to try and put together my sub $400 AR as my first rifle project. Just waiting on my new vice to show up.

Newbie here. I live in Leominster, MA. Just started to learn all about pistols, due to several co-workers. Already applied and interviewed at local police for LTC. I hope to join a local firing range. Looking forward to learning so much on the forums. Thanks!

Had my interview with Tewksbury Police tonight. Just had a bunch of chit chat and a few laughs. Had a hard time getting my prints in the digital system, all in all took about 25 minutes.

Hi all, I joined a few weeks ago to find out more information about clubs around Boston. I grew up out in the sticks of Maine but now live in Boston. This year I finally got around to renewing FID/Hunting licenses. Now that the boat is out of the water and striper season is over, I'm looking to blast some clays during the weekends. Thinking of checking out Walpole Sportsman's Association tomorrow.

Hello everyone. Just joined, finally. I'm Greg from North Andover. (Red town) I have my interview tomorrow. I need to provide a letter to the chief for unrestricted. Wish me luck! Thinking of checking out the Pelham Fish and Game club. If anyone has any info if it is a good place to shoot pistol or rifle please let me know I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hey everyone. Nice to meet you!

My name is Barry, and I live in Agawam, MA.

I don't know if I'm an unusual case or not.
I'm pretty into supporting the 2nd Amendment, and the Constitution in general, and yet, have never fired a shot.

The wife and I both got our Class A unrestricteds, probably about two years ago now. But, we're really busy, really broke, really tired, kind of old, (or at least feel that way). And yes...big time procrastinators!

We're both NRA life members, and I've joined or at least donated to GOAL, GOA, NAGR, a few conservative political things, and probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting.

We were inspired, for the most part, by the constant vilification of law-abiding gun owners by the media as well as so many of our elected officials. It just started to feel like; if we're ever going to do this, we better do it soon, before we're no longer allowed to.
Neither of us grew up in what I would call "gun friendly" households. Actually, guns were just never really mentioned in either of our families.
As a kid, I just thought of guns as something regular people didn't have.
The police and military had them, cowboys on TV had them, and bad guys had them. And you just hoped you didn't get on the wrong side of any of those folks!

I found Northeast Shooters, because I was constantly online, trying to make some sense of the Massachusetts gun laws. (Still trying!) I decided to "go green", because, hey! It's one more thing I can do to show my support for the 2A!

One of these days, we intend to join a range, and actually participate in this Constitutional right which we feel so strongly about defending.
I understand there a couple or a few decent ones right in our area.
It would have been nice if we could have gone to Smith & Wesson's range, where you could rent and "try before you buy". But, I guess some ne'er do wells pretty much ruined that for the rest of us.

OK! Didn't really intend to go on for quite so long.

I'm hoping this will be a good place to find some information, maybe get some questions answered, and perhaps meet some decent, like-minded people!

Hi everyone, I'm Blake. I just got my class A LTC approved on November 3rd. I'm hoping to see my license soon. I've done shooting with friends and family including some family in New Hampshire who has an extensive collection of firearms including some fully automatic, and belt fed weapons. Those are tons of fun to shoot. I'm expecting my license sometime after December 1st and want to buy a 12 gauge shot gun to hunt some waterfowl before the season is over. I found the site looking for clarification on some MA gun laws and found tons of great info on here. Well done with the site guys it's a great resource. The classifieds are great too. Looking forward to becoming an involved member!

Back
Top Bottom