New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Greetings,

My name is Eric and not only am I a new NES registered user, as of today but I am also unfortunately a relatively new resident of MA. I am in the process of getting certified and getting my LTC A.

I have been shooting for a few years now and currently live in Somerville. I like to fish and snowboard for hobbies. I look forward to chatting with you guys and gaining more knowledge on shooting in general as well as the shooting community in MA.

Last edited:
I want to amend my introduction. Applied for my LTC on 1/5 and picked it up today (hurray!) 2/20, no restrictions. I called the state number and found out that they were the delay not my local pd. I'd like to offer my thanks to Mass Firearms School where I would like to sign up for some classes as soon as I can find something I like. I'd also like to thank the Chicopee PD, those guys are alright. It feels nice to have a good guy (or good gal in my case) license.

Hey, I'm Eric and a new member here. I took my basic saftey class Sunday and have my appointment with the abington pb Saturday. Pretty excited to see abington is a green town as that leaves a better chance of an unrestricted license. Now I just need to figure out what I want to buy

hello , im Andrew and a new member im from Taunton ma

reloading and shooting ...my 35 whelen and 45/70
hunting in maine and mass

looking to do more bullseye shooting at league at taunton club ...( only shot twice this year matches ) used my fathers pardini , but looking to buy a smith 41 or ruger mark3 to get going

as well ...die hard bruins fan and into Drag racing as well

Hello. I just went green today after signing into the forum back in January.

I moved back to Mass last summer after a 24 year absence. Been to a tropical island, the desert and the mountains over that time...no, not military. Been in "free states" and one...not so much.

I love getting to the range but I'm not a competition shooter and as of yet I am not a hunter. I just like learning about different firearms and trying my eye with them...optics sometimes required.

I live in south eastern mass and recently got my Class A. I've had a CCW for several years from a "free" western state.

I will be looking for a sponsor for Plymouth Rod and Gun soon since I live fairly close to it and have read mostly good things about their facility...including archery, which, if my shoulder allows will also be on my agenda.

Take Care

I want to amend my introduction. Applied for my LTC on 1/5 and picked it up today (hurray!) 2/20, no restrictions. I called the state number and found out that they were the delay not my local pd. I'd like to offer my thanks to Mass Firearms School where I would like to sign up for some classes as soon as I can find something I like. I'd also like to thank the Chicopee PD, those guys are alright. It feels nice to have a good guy (or good gal in my case) license.

Welcome and congrats! Do you belong to a range yet? I'm in Chicopee and I think you might live right down the street from me....the Vettes are a dead give away!

Welcome and congrats! Do you belong to a range yet? I'm in Chicopee and I think you might live right down the street from me....the Vettes are a dead give away!

I think I am going to join the range in Agawam. I have heard a lot of good things about the range. I was even thinking of joining more than 1 range just to have options for a combination indoor/outdoor shooting and mixing things up. When I read the range rules for Agawam I notice they do not let one draw and targets have to be 25+ feet away, so for drawing practice I would have to do that at home with the holster, but never be able to do it in a live fire at the range.

I figure there are probably not many C7 vettes around here, especially the laguna blue which is a beautiful color for a corvette. I've had a few of chicopee's finest weirdos gather around the car, including a guy who jumped into the road right in front of me just to take pictures of the car as I drove by.

I am holding out all hope for the end of the snow so I can enjoy my cars once again. It's frustrating. I started them last week and that was the best I could do. There has to be an end to this global warming (sorry I meant snow and cold weather) soon right?

I think I am going to join the range in Agawam. I have heard a lot of good things about the range. I was even thinking of joining more than 1 range just to have options for a combination indoor/outdoor shooting and mixing things up. When I read the range rules for Agawam I notice they do not let one draw and targets have to be 25+ feet away, so for drawing practice I would have to do that at home with the holster, but never be able to do it in a live fire at the range.

I figure there are probably not many C7 vettes around here, especially the laguna blue which is a beautiful color for a corvette. I've had a few of chicopee's finest weirdos gather around the car, including a guy who jumped into the road right in front of me just to take pictures of the car as I drove by.

I am holding out all hope for the end of the snow so I can enjoy my cars once again. It's frustrating. I started them last week and that was the best I could do. There has to be an end to this global warming (sorry I meant snow and cold weather) soon right?

Agawam has a very nice indoor range. If you ever want to check out Westfield, just send me a PM...it's pretty laid back.

Hey, My name is John and I've lived in New Hampshire coming up on 5 years now. I was born in Michigan and lived in Indiana prior to moving to the east coast. Loving the "live free or die" freedom without big brother breathing down the back.
I have had a long running addiction to both firearms and motorcycles. A plethora of firearms have come and gone through the past 35 plus years that I haven't had a motorcycle despite my interest in them. I would say that the 22lr is my favorite cartridge/firearm combo. I have had a lot of big bore toys and enjoy a real thumper in the right package. But the 22lr has my heart in every form.

hi! im new here soon to be a LTC holder (hunting and target) . but its a start! does anyone now when you can get restrictions lifted?

Hello everybody!!!! Just dropping a note here to say hi to everyone. I'm new on this forum, but am quite active on other Sig Sauer forums. I'm very happy to find a forum which is pretty much dedicated to the discussion and interaction of other fellow gun advocates here in the northeast!

Hi all, Ive been a inactive member here for about a year now. Checking in on threads and lurking here and there. My interest in firearms started when I was just out of high school and bought myself a Ruger 10-22 and did a few comps with it. Still have it 25 years later being stored at a friends. Work,wive(s),other hobbies and kids became a priority so by choice I didnt continue with my interest in firearms. I actually let my license lapse for quite a few years and just a few weeks ago reaaplied for my LTC-A. While applying I found out that I had a LTC in the past(I thought I just had a FID) so the officer just did it as a renewal so thats being processed now and should be in my hands shortly.

I just purchased a safe for my firearms. I decided that a safe place to store the weapons was my priority over getting a few new guns because I have kids. Looking forward to getting back into it and reading NES.

Hi all, I too am a long-time lurker, and decided to register on the forum. I have read many, many of the threads related to MA gun laws. They are informative and certainly help in making decisions. See you in the MA laws section!

- Tom

Hi all,

I joined over a year ago but just became a member. Wanted to introduce myself and start learning more than just fun part of shooting and become part of a community.

Thanks,
Mandy

Hey everyone, I'm new here, heard about this forum from a co-worker, I work at savage arms making some of the finest rifles out there. I am a USN veteran and a long time hunter, and new LTC-A holder, guns seams to be an addiction that fortunately isn't bad for my health. Glad to be here with you guys

Long time shooter, enthusiast and gun store employee for over a decade. Armorer for a few platforms. Thought for certain I was registered here, but now I am for certain.

Thanks for having me.

I've lived in MA for about 31 years and found NES by way of GOAL. I haven't been too active lately, but recognize some names from the ma-firearms list days, where I was pretty active.
Moving from Arlington and checking out LTC renewal options in nearby towns. Mostly wondering which towns will renew LTC-A ALP at the moment!
John

I've lived in MA for about 31 years and found NES by way of GOAL. I haven't been too active lately, but recognize some names from the ma-firearms list days, where I was pretty active.
Moving from Arlington and checking out LTC renewal options in nearby towns. Mostly wondering which towns will renew LTC-A ALP at the moment!
John

No idea who you (no recollection from MAF) are but welcome back to the MA firearms talk media!

live in Texas, raised in conn. moved to Texas 35 years ago I shoot f-t/r master class, I will be summering in mass. for summer and would like to shoot some compaction , but hearing bad things gun laws and traveling to shooting compactions .I would like to shoot 600 and 1000 yard ranges, things sure have changed sense I grew up there, I also shoot long range bench rest and black powder salute with 1885 browning high wall 45-70.I am semi retired and love to shoot

Hey guys, I'm Chase, 22 years, lived in MA for all of them. Boarding school down below the cape, went to WPI for college. Been lurking around for a couple weeks now, figured I'd join up so I could see the pretty pictures (and maybe chat with you lovely people). Got my ltc in february; 4 weeks to the day after I applied for it :p. Beyond hunter safety when I was 16 and the pistol safety course shooting, my firearms experience has primarily been shotguns (quail is delicious), though I'm looking to fix that pretty quick.

Hi everyone! I moved from NYC to MA last year and I'm moving to a green city and getting my LTC-A this year. I have no firearms experience and hope to learn a lot here, join gun clubs and be a responsible gun owner. I plan to buy a Ruger 10/22 and go to an appleseed. dpo.

live in Texas, raised in conn. moved to Texas 35 years ago I shoot f-t/r master class, I will be summering in mass. for summer and would like to shoot some compaction , but hearing bad things gun laws and traveling to shooting compactions .I would like to shoot 600 and 1000 yard ranges, things sure have changed sense I grew up there, I also shoot long range bench rest and black powder salute with 1885 browning high wall 45-70.I am semi retired and love to shoot

Hey guys, I'm Chase, 22 years, lived in MA for all of them. Boarding school down below the cape, went to WPI for college. Been lurking around for a couple weeks now, figured I'd join up so I could see the pretty pictures (and maybe chat with you lovely people). Got my ltc in february; 4 weeks to the day after I applied for it :p. Beyond hunter safety when I was 16 and the pistol safety course shooting, my firearms experience has primarily been shotguns (quail is delicious), though I'm looking to fix that pretty quick.

Hi everyone! I moved from NYC to MA last year and I'm moving to a green city and getting my LTC-A this year. I have no firearms experience and hope to learn a lot here, join gun clubs and be a responsible gun owner. I plan to buy a Ruger 10/22 and go to an appleseed. dpo.

Welcome. Enjoy everything NES has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom