New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hey All,

I grew up in a red town and was issued an LTC-A unrestricted. The LEOs were always professional and courteous and were always willing to help me as a newbie at Andover Sportsmen's Club.

I work in a hospital and moved to a green town to shorten the commute in Central MA. I am looking to join Harvard Sportsmen's Club to get more practice and learn from seasoned enthusiasts.

I heard about NES while looking up MA 2A rules and regs. Theres some good info here as well as a few laughs.

Cheers!
JM

Hey All,

I grew up in a red town and was issued an LTC-A unrestricted. The LEOs were always professional and courteous and were always willing to help me as a newbie at Andover Sportsmen's Club.

I work in a hospital and moved to a green town to shorten the commute in Central MA. I am looking to join Harvard Sportsmen's Club to get more practice and learn from seasoned enthusiasts.

I heard about NES while looking up MA 2A rules and regs. Theres some good info here as well as a few laughs.

Cheers!
JM

Welcome aboard!

Hello all,
My name is Brian; I am a new CCW license holder (less than 2 yrs). I live in Western MA and found this forum while trying to figure out MA gun laws. I plan to CC at some point when ready, and take up hunting down the road as well.
I still haven't made first handgun purchase b/c have little kids and had to get my somewhat anti-gun wife on board. Soon to make my first purchase though, trying to narrow b/t 9mm and 40 S&W and Sig P229 & P239. Had some input from my brother inlaw regarding Sig (he prefers Glock but not available to non-LEO MA residents). He recommended 40 S&W. I would appreciate any input b/f final decision. I am getting a gunsafe, had to do that b/f firearm purchase; decided make and model for that though. Hope to train heavily, take classes and b/c proficient. Looking forward to checking into the forum often.

Thanks for the welcome,

brian boru

Hi NES,
New to the site, 2 years with my LTC (restricted.... red town). I have a few handguns of multiple calibers and a 22 rifle..... left handed! Not sure if any members will see this but I received my two sponsors for Danvers F&G and will be a member very soon; cant wait.
In my late 20s, married and work for an audiology/medical company covering New England. Keep those ears protected!

Last edited:
Hello all,
My name is Brian; I am a new CCW license holder (less than 2 yrs). I live in Western MA and found this forum while trying to figure out MA gun laws. I plan to CC at some point when ready, and take up hunting down the road as well.
I still haven't made first handgun purchase b/c have little kids and had to get my somewhat anti-gun wife on board. Soon to make my first purchase though, trying to narrow b/t 9mm and 40 S&W and Sig P229 & P239. Had some input from my brother inlaw regarding Sig (he prefers Glock but not available to non-LEO MA residents). He recommended 40 S&W. I would appreciate any input b/f final decision. I am getting a gunsafe, had to do that b/f firearm purchase; decided make and model for that though. Hope to train heavily, take classes and b/c proficient. Looking forward to checking into the forum often.

Thanks for the welcome,

brian boru

Hey Brian,

Welcome to NES.

Just my two cents...out of the guns and calibers you mention above...I would advise the sig 229 in 9mm. For a first gun it has "easier" and cheaper to shot in a 9mm. Plenty of used Glocks for sale here. Glock 17 or 19 can be had for 4-500 bucks. Also, get a safe bigger than you think you need. It will get small fast.

Hi Brian,
Welcome to NES and thank you for becoming a family member of fellow Patriots exercising their Second Amendment right!
Purchasewise, I suggest buying whatever pistol you can function check without looking ie: mag out, slide to lock, chamber check, mag check, cock, de-cock, safety on, safety off, mag in. No looking. You want the gun that fits not only your hand, but the one that you can manipulate blindly. It's usually the last gun you handle when you are shopping because it's the ugly one, or the one that you aren't drawn to for whatever reason.
Best of luck to you!
Look for a Women on Target event for your wife, that typically makes converts of fence sitting gun people.
Keep us posted on the progress!

Hello everyone. Been shooting since I was a kid up in Maine and just applied for my LTC A here in Mass. I'm in Greenfield. Anyone have experience with the new chief here? Wondering how long it'll be until I get the permit.

Hi everyone. Like many of you i started in my teens with a BBgun, then the .22, eventually commonly found in the woods with a 12ga. Ive slowed down, but the hooks are still in me. Looking now for something I can hide easily yet still packs a punch, though I still get the .22 out, I need more.
I think Ive come to the right place.

Hello all,
Vermonter originally, then Marines for awhile, now in Grafton MA. Have a bunch of hunting rifles and shotguns, but just got my first pistol. It is a certified refurb (red sticker) sig p229 .40

Just found this site, great info here.

Dan

Hello hello, I'm checking in from Boston MA. After a recent issue BPD had with my US passport, and a federal case supplied by the great gents at Comm2a on these very forums against BPD, they have issued me my LTC. As I've received my card, I believe the gag order is no longer in place, so great to be here, I hope to learn a lot.

Hello hello, I'm checking in from Boston MA. After a recent issue BPD had with my US passport, and a federal case supplied by the great gents at Comm2a on these very forums against BPD, they have issued me my LTC. As I've received my card, I believe the gag order is no longer in place, so great to be here, I hope to learn a lot.

Now you just have to "go green" on the forum..............

Hey,

Name's Dan and I'm 23. Just picked up my LTC-A back in June in Everett, MA and was looking for a good forum to dive into the world of owning/carrying firearms. Only been shooting a year and still not as much as I'd like to be. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and using all of your levels of experience to advance my own knowledge. I currently own a sig 516 and a beretta 92fs and looking for more. This forum is definitely worth the membership.

Great to be here!

Hey guys, born and raised in MA & NH. Now living in NC bit still visit the NE frequently... forever a Yankee :D

I own a S&W SD9VE and a Shield 9, starting my hunt for my next gun after Christmas. I'm thinking a revolver but still deciding.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Hey NES,

IVL here. Have been approved for my license but am still waiting for it to print. Hope to gain general knowledge about firearms in the northeast. I am currently in Hadley, MA. Hope to be a contributing member to this community.

Hey everyone, Paul here from Springfield MA.
Been a long time target shooter with my family members, applied for my LTC in springfield about a month ago still waiting for the license. Excited to be part of this community, my brother is a member as well. Currently building an AR with a friend of mine and I am debating my first pistol purchase. In between a sig 229, HK p30l or beretta 92fs, any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Hello my name is matt I live in watertown and I have been on to forum for a little while but forgot to say hi...my bad. I'm 25 live in watertown at the moment and we are planning a move to florida in early 2016 (went to high school and fired my first gun there) and I stumbled upon NES. I just joined goal and hope to see tyranny repealed.

Hey everyone. My name is Nick and I live in danvers. I have recently received my LTC and purchased an m&p9 last month. I'm 25 and work in andover, considering applying for membership at andover sportsman club next year and am also interested in building an AR. lots of great info here, glad to have been pointed her by an old coworker/friend from my previous job.

Hey All,
My name is Kenny, live in Somerville... Haven't been shooting long. Looking for some places to shoot around here. I was recommended to this community by other members that I work with. Everything has been great and thanks for putting this up to welcome us all here

Joe here.

New to the forum, new to NH this year as well. I'm from MA and held a LTC-A in a green town. I like what I see around here, and I hope to contribute pretty regularly. I try to fling lead a few times a month.

Hi,
I'm Tom. Lifelong NH resident, been shooting since I was a kid. Life got "busy" for awhile and the guns sat in the closet until about a year ago when my interest in shooting was reignited. Lately I've been practicing target shooting with a Ruger 9E. I found out about this community from a friend at work.

Hey guys, Scott here from northern liberal land (ma). I'm a 24 Year old novice shooter, i shot for the first time almost 2 years ago and was hooked. Since then I got my class A LTC and an M&P40c. Both of which are on me all the time unless I'm at work. Now I'm looking towards building my first AR and finding a good sportsmens club.

Happy to to be here. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!

Hello everyone,
Mike here from the North Shore. I came here by way of PA (born and raised there) VA and MD.
I hunted as a kid and got into formal target shooting when I was about 21 yo. Did that for a few years and put the guns down till in my 30's when I was inspired again to take up the Bullseye game.
After 5 or so years I gave it up again and sold everything. Maybe twenty or so years go by, now in my 60's and living here in MA. I have lots of friends who like to shoot and talk about shooting and well, here we go yet again...
I want to shoot Bullseye again for starters, have gotten my LTC and my three match guns. I found one of the old Pachmayr pistol boxes on eBay and am trying to gather the other stuff I'll need.
I am in the process of working out what I'll get for reloading and leaning to Dillon.
Hard to believe how much ammo and components have gone up since I last bought!
I am very lucky to have a bride who is all in. Bought her a Ruger .22 and some range stuff of her own. We are actively looking for a club to join and get active once again.
Looking forward to meeting and getting to know you!
Best wishes,
Mike

Hey! My name is Evan, I'm from Chicopee MA. I've had guns involved in my life as long as I can remember, grandparents were chicopee sportsman's members and my dad got me into hunting young. Took a break after my grandfather died and parents divorced, took the safety course today and am applying for LTC tomorrow lord willing. Mainly looking just for the sport/skill/collection/hobby of it, but also interested in home defense. Would love to find some more friends to shoot with!

Thanks,
Evan

Back
Top Bottom