New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

hello everyone . my name is jeff. im a resident of rhode island. been shooting since i could walk, i live and love the firearms lifestyle i spend everyday learning, training and keeping up with the trends of the industry. love to go to the range and too meet other firearm enthusiasts.
happy to be part of the forums .

j

Checking in here - from Billerica currently. Grew up on the Cape, joined the Air Force and spent 6 years in New Jersey before coming back to be stationed in Mass. Didn't grow up around guns or hunting, but by virtue of my job and a father-in-law who hunts I'm hooked. Now to find that green stuff to feed the addiction...

Figured it's time I make myself known.
My name is Chris I live in Taunton Ma. I have had a firearms license for about 10 years, but only had my Class A for a year and change. It took 3 different towns and a lot of time before it worked out. I am self employed and own a business in Pawtucket RI. I'm currently looking to get my LTC in RI. I'm also looking to join the Taunton gun club. I was a member to the Hanson Rod and Gun Club for a number of years but no longer.
Just wanted to say hello.

Hello from the gateway. From the Plymouth/Cape area, spent a few years in NJ and TX before moving back home for good, or bad, depending on how you look at it. Not new to firearms, but limited to handguns/defense and would like to branch out into the sport aspect of trap, hunting. My moniker is a nod to my other hobby, cigars.

My name is John and I live in Wilbraham,MA
I would like to say Hi to all
My firearms experience:
I have over 25 years of firearms experience as an instructor and competition shooter IDPA, various pin and plate competition, gallery bull’s eye, combat matches and three gun competitions. I am also a pistol smith and a gun smith specializing in building custom firearms
Certification:
State Police Instructors Certification #BFS002349
NRA Instructor Certification’s in
Basic Pistol Instructor
Home Firearms Safety
Personal Defense in the Home
Smith and Wesson Instructor Certification's
Firearms Instructor in:
Pistol
Revolver
Shotgun
LE Patrol Rifle
Certified Smith&Wesson Safety Officer
Certified IDPA Safety Officer
S&W Armorers Certifications:
M&P Pistol
Revolver
S&W Pistol
Foley-Belsaw Institute of Gunsmithing
Worked at the Smith&Wesson Shooting Center as a Range Safety Officer and a Non-LE Course Instructor
Smith&Wesson LTC Class
Hand Gun Technique
First Shots Program
First Shots Second Round Program
I am also a Ham Radio operator and hold an Extra class license

Last edited:
Mark here, been lurking on and off for a few years. Been shooting since I was a kid, a long time ago. We can shoot at home and wife & I are joining the Taunton Club. Just paid for a membership and thought I'd say hi.

Hey all, I recently found NES and have been logging in almost daily to read through the stickys and various threads. Love the sight. I am also a member at the MFS range.

Pete

Hello everyone, my name is Al and after being in on and off the forum for many years I decided to go green. I have been shooting for almost 50 years, and have been a member of the Taunton Rifle & pistol Club for about 35. I belong to both the NRA and GOAL because shooting sports is my life and I need to defend it.

Hello folks,

I'm Mike and my enthusiasm for guns only started in 2010 after a trip to the Midwest and learning about the culture. I was raised military and lived on posts. I've lived my adult life in Mass., but very soon will be heading for the Midwest to return to school. Since I have family in MA and will likely be bouncing back here regardless of where I call 'home'.

Even when the time comes where I don't live here, the fight to grow a gun culture exists in all 50 states. I long for a time when gun ownership and gun carry is as common and encouraged as owning a car.

Now, to figure out how to create a signature.

Ok, so I'm new here and can guarantee I will ask all those dumb questions that you are sick of answering.
I've been a "wannabe" gun owner for many years, a little over 25 to be a bit more precise. Years ago I lived in Illinois where all you needed for gun ownership was an FID card and a backyard to shoot in. I do so miss the cornfields..... Then my enlistment in the Air Force ended and I came home to MA. I was never really in the position to really start the process of gun ownership until just recently. I've split from my wife and now live alone and need a hobby that's not going to break the bank.
I thought a fast RC car was going to be that hobby but, for what I've spent on the car in only one month, I could have got my License, bought a really nice gun and joined a couple of clubs and still have a bunch left over for ammo. So now I think is the time for me to start. I remember back in Illinois how fun and relaxing it was to just go out back with my roommate and shoot at stuff for a while. He had a nice 15 round .22 semi-auto and the big .45. Man that .45 was fun to shoot! Another guy came over once in a while... he had a Desert Eagle, quite the cannon and hardly any kick to it at all.
Anyway... Next week I take my safety course and then I'll submit my application for my Class A. And then I'll try to figure out what all these stupid laws mean and what I need to do to actually purchase my first handgun after waiting 25 years for it.

Ok, so I'm new here and can guarantee I will ask all those dumb questions that you are sick of answering.
I've been a "wannabe" gun owner for many years, a little over 25 to be a bit more precise. Years ago I lived in Illinois where all you needed for gun ownership was an FID card and a backyard to shoot in. I do so miss the cornfields..... Then my enlistment in the Air Force ended and I came home to MA. I was never really in the position to really start the process of gun ownership until just recently. I've split from my wife and now live alone and need a hobby that's not going to break the bank.
I thought a fast RC car was going to be that hobby but, for what I've spent on the car in only one month, I could have got my License, bought a really nice gun and joined a couple of clubs and still have a bunch left over for ammo. So now I think is the time for me to start. I remember back in Illinois how fun and relaxing it was to just go out back with my roommate and shoot at stuff for a while. He had a nice 15 round .22 semi-auto and the big .45. Man that .45 was fun to shoot! Another guy came over once in a while... he had a Desert Eagle, quite the cannon and hardly any kick to it at all.
Anyway... Next week I take my safety course and then I'll submit my application for my Class A. And then I'll try to figure out what all these stupid laws mean and what I need to do to actually purchase my first handgun after waiting 25 years for it.
Welcome fellow Air Force vet. With regard to breaking the bank....you picked the wrong hobby.

hey everyone, my name is jay and ive been reading the forum for a long time and finally decided to register. Im a college senior with my mass ltc, utah non resident and just sent off the paperwork for my c&r last week. id also like to thank you all for the great info i found on here that got me started in the shooting world!

Hi guys, daekken checking in. My LTC-A application is in the works. I train in taekwondo.

I've always been interested in firearms, particularly rifle shooting at long distances. I fired a black powder musket a few years back and have finally decided to take the plunge down licensing and the ownership path. The information this board has provided while working on my LTC has been invaluable, and I'm looking forward to taking advantage of other areas of the site if I am granted a license, God willing.

Greetings, I live in Chicopee. I applied for my LTC on 1/5. It hasn't quite reached 40 days yet, but I'm not holding my breath either. I took my safety class and some additional classes at Mass Firearms School. I have basically have gone as far as I can go for training without having the LTC in my hands. I have absolutely zero record so I don't see a problem with being issued for all lawful purposes.

I did have a license years ago, still in Chicopee in the 80's. I remember it taking less than a week to get my license. I moved out of state and sold the guns and let the license expire, so I am back to square one.

When I went in to get my pictures taken and fingerprints on 1/5 I was told it could take 90-120 days to get my license, which doesn't seem right and it wouldn't seem fair if they get my license and just sit on it without being issued to me, since after all I did pay for it. I understand that there is a number I can call at the state to find out if my license application was finished and sent back to Chicopee. Is it worth being a pain? The thing is I actually really like the Chicopee PD (my daughter wants to work for them) and don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I also come from a family with many political ties as well, although I never name dropped when I filled out my LTC, I wanted to sink or swim on my own merits.

I am hoping that I have my LTC in my hands by March, just in time for my bonus at work, I will have more than enough funds to outfit myself and go back to shooting. It was something that I really loved doing and would like to go back to once again. I would also like to be able to attend a gun show as well, but don't know if it's worth going to one if I don't have my LTC yet. In any case thanks for letting me in!!

ps: I like corvettes, in fact I have 2 of them :)

Hi - I'm Bobby. I don't live in the northeast, in fact I live overseas for now. I plan on moving back home to MA pretty soon, and I've been interested in guns for a while, but London doesn't offer much in terms of getting into shooting. I've lurked this site for a while, and decided to join in to get a better idea of the laws, culture, etc of shooting before I jump into it.

Really looking forwards to buying my first gun!

New to NES as well.

Down on the outer cape Josh. Fishing and surfing my fave pastimes, want to start deer hunting, and have shot here and there with friends over the years. Finally decided to apply LTC now that I no longer live in Boston.

Last edited:
Hope someone can help me out. I have a Belguim Mauser (army/navy) Post war 1952. I have been looking for the original parts for this rifle. Stock (both upper and lower) Front sling ring, Bayonet Lug, Bayonet and Cleaning Kit. Want to bring it back to its original state as someone try to sporterize it and RUINED IT ! HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Mike. [email protected]

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mark. My girlfriend and I found NES after taking our LTC course and were looking for some local info about clubs and places to shoot. Although I am totally new to firearms she has some shooting experience. I live in Tewksbury and work out of Reading. Glad to be here.

Back
Top Bottom