New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi. New guy here from Plymouth MA. Been lurking here for a while and figure it's time to say hi. Just got my LTC in July. Last license I had was an old FID card that expired with the new laws. Wife recently got hers also. First thing I picked up is a Sig P6 from a family member. Hoping to learn more about safety and self protection in the near future. Of course after seeing some of the posts on here I might be adding a few items to what we already have.
Ryan

Hi everyone i am currently not living in MA but will be moving to the town of Randolph early next year, ive been using this site to learn as much as i can, so that i know what i am allowed to have. i have been conceal carrying in my state for 3 years now and im hoping this will help me get a LTC A license. if i cannot carry i wont be heart broken but i really want the ability to keep my pre ban mag collection. i am still a little confused as to bringing things with me. any advice would be helpful.

Hi everyone i am currently not living in MA but will be moving to the town of Randolph early next year, ive been using this site to learn as much as i can, so that i know what i am allowed to have. i have been conceal carrying in my state for 3 years now and im hoping this will help me get a LTC A license. if i cannot carry i wont be heart broken but i really want the ability to keep my pre ban mag collection. i am still a little confused as to bringing things with me. any advice would be helpful.

Welcome to NES and sorry to hear that you are moving to Randolph! I grew up there but it has really turned into an armpit (Brockton North) over the years.

Please read this thread, it should answer many of your questions:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/56054-MOVING-to-Massachusetts-Read-Here-First!

Hi. New guy here from Plymouth MA. Been lurking here for a while and figure it's time to say hi. Just got my LTC in July. Last license I had was an old FID card that expired with the new laws. Wife recently got hers also. First thing I picked up is a Sig P6 from a family member. Hoping to learn more about safety and self protection in the near future. Of course after seeing some of the posts on here I might be adding a few items to what we already have.
Ryan

Welcome Ryan and thanks for your service. Glad you found the forum. Make yourself at home :)

New guy here from Southern New Hampshire.

Mainly a pistol-guy, although current forum member "Stape" is really turning me into a rifleman :) As far as firearms experience, I'm just a guy who likes to plink. Never served, never hunted, just like putting holes in paper.

Heard about the forum from him and figured I'd finally join-up.

Looking forward to learning new things and chatting with new people. Cheers!

o/ folks. Live in Pepperell, work in Woburn. Been around firearms since I was a kid. Was born in Alaska, so with the exception of full auto stuff, there's not much I haven't shot.

Disclosure: I've lurked around here a while now, figured I'd go ahead and sign up, maybe go green...we'll see. [grin]

New guy here from Southern New Hampshire.

Mainly a pistol-guy, although current forum member "Stape" is really turning me into a rifleman :) As far as firearms experience, I'm just a guy who likes to plink. Never served, never hunted, just like putting holes in paper.

Heard about the forum from him and figured I'd finally join-up.

Looking forward to learning new things and chatting with new people. Cheers!

Welcome to the forum. Glad you were pointed here from a friend. Make yourself at home, its a good crowd.. (for the most part ;)

- - - Updated - - -

o/ folks. Live in Pepperell, work in Woburn. Been around firearms since I was a kid. Was born in Alaska, so with the exception of full auto stuff, there's not much I haven't shot.

Disclosure: I've lurked around here a while now, figured I'd go ahead and sign up, maybe go green...we'll see. [grin]

Happy you came around to making an account. There is a lot of fun stuff that goes on year round. Hopefully you will be tempted to become a paid member also.

Regardless welcome and please consider helping the good fight with donations to COMM2A, GOAL, GOA and other pro-2nd organizations. Thank you!

Greetings guys. I'm a long time member here, but I'm now in the process of opening a new shop in Charlemont, Mass. This has been a life long dream for me. I look forward to seeing all of you soon!

New member, from Dracut, currently in the process of getting my FID. I've always been fascinated with firearms, and look forward to learning more and owning some in the future.

New member from somerville heard about the site through a Google search and noticed alot of good information for those looking to apply for their LTC as well as general firearm information. Been Shooting since i was a 10 lurked around for a while thought i would join

New member, from Dracut, currently in the process of getting my FID. I've always been fascinated with firearms, and look forward to learning more and owning some in the future.

Welcome to the jungle. Forget about an FID (unless you are under 21). It's pretty much the same process to get an LTC, and one day you will want to get a (or more) handgun.

Greetings guys. I'm a long time member here, but I'm now in the process of opening a new shop in Charlemont, Mass. This has been a life long dream for me. I look forward to seeing all of you soon!

Wish you the best in the process!! We are routing for you to do well of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Wealth of knowledge here and we are all still learning. Be safe and enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

New member from somerville heard about the site through a Google search and noticed alot of good information for those looking to apply for their LTC as well as general firearm information. Been Shooting since i was a 10 lurked around for a while thought i would join

Glad you joined into the conversations. Welcome

- - - Updated - - -

New member tony from dedham, been shooting and archery since I was a kid got my class A ltc alp a few months ago

Happy to have you here Tony - Hope you will enjoy your time on the forum here.

Hi Boys and Girls
My name is Larry. I'm from Revere, MA. Hunted some when I was younger (55 now) Got my LTC last year with the dreadful target restriction. Since then I've obtained Utah and CT non residents to try to build a case (just leverage that I'm licensed in other states)to have the restriction removed. Was told by firearms officer to write the Chief and LT. a letter voicing my case. We will see. Great forum. Lot of good help, people and advice.
Glad I joined
thx

Hi Boys and Girls
My name is Larry. I'm from Revere, MA. Hunted some when I was younger (55 now) Got my LTC last year with the dreadful target restriction. Since then I've obtained Utah and CT non residents to try to build a case (just leverage that I'm licensed in other states)to have the restriction removed. Was told by firearms officer to write the Chief and LT. a letter voicing my case. We will see. Great forum. Lot of good help, people and advice.
Glad I joined
thx

Your best bet for success is to wait 2 years into having your LTC. Then write your chief as a request for your restrictions to be removed. This waiting period sometimes shows the chief that you've gone 2 years without incident and you know how to safely and legally handle firearms. While most on this forum will disagree against waiting, and bring up your rights to the second amendment, etc, it is unfortunately the sad state we live in. Best of luck with everything, and welcome.

Although I've been lurking around the site for about a year I might as well make an introduction.
My name is Mike, I'm 22 years old and lived in Chicopee, Ma all my life. Though my family has very little history with firearms, my relationship with video games growing up instilled a strong interest in the workings and ownership of them. There are few things in my life that I am more proud of than obtaining my non-restricted Class A LTC just 3 days ago in a town that less than a year ago was red as they get. I have already learned lots of information from the forum while watching from afar and I hope to now be able to contribute to discussions and hopefully give knowledge to newcomers down the road.

Although I've been lurking around the site for about a year I might as well make an introduction.
My name is Mike, I'm 22 years old and lived in Chicopee, Ma all my life. Though my family has very little history with firearms, my relationship with video games growing up instilled a strong interest in the workings and ownership of them. There are few things in my life that I am more proud of than obtaining my non-restricted Class A LTC just 3 days ago in a town that less than a year ago was red as they get. I have already learned lots of information from the forum while watching from afar and I hope to now be able to contribute to discussions and hopefully give knowledge to newcomers down the road.

Welcome to the forum Mike,

Practice and Safety. Enjoy your time :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Pudge,

Thanks for going green in support of the forum!

Hi all. I'm mostly a rifle guy but enjoy .22 pistols as well. I really enjoy this site: quite a wealth of information available. Looking forward to contributing when I can.

-Greg

Greetings Checking This out Looking forward to learning alot :)

Sorry for the late welcome but better late then never. Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all. I'm mostly a rifle guy but enjoy .22 pistols as well. I really enjoy this site: quite a wealth of information available. Looking forward to contributing when I can.

-Greg

Hello Greg,

welcome

New-ish member in Framingham, MA. Been lurking for a month or two with a few posts. Just picked up my LTC-A last week, and looking forward to regular weekly range trips. Already can't wait for the weekend. Still deciding on what to purchase for my first pistol, whether to go with a full-size or a compact/sub-compact.

A returning shooter here. I live in Hudson, MA and just recently got my LTC. I've joined GOAL and the Harvard Sportsman's Club so I've got somewhere to shoot. I grew up shooting/hunting in southern WI but just got away from it. A teacher colleague is a firearms instructor and his schedule and mine finally synched up so I could take the class with him.

Back
Top Bottom