• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi,

I have just registered. I come from Poland, sport shooter. Interest in sporting rifle .22 LR. I shoot also pistols - IZH/WALTHER .22 and Sig Sauer P226 9mm.

I try to improve my shooting technique that's why I am looking for materials and advices about the shooting training, experience etc. that may describe any aspects of shooting errors and training aimed at elimination of those errors.

Thanks for your permission to join. I am looking forward to learning from you.

Regards

Andrzej

Hi,
My name is Pete and I've been reading up on this forum for a year or two. This place has a lot of great info and I love how well it's organized. I love how, unlike many other gun related forums, usually when someone says something here they back it up with a direct link to the actual law. They don't just spew perceptions and hope they're right. I'm 19, and I applied for my F.I.D the day I turned 18 and got it 40(or so) days later. Sadly, I am in Boston so an ALP LTC-A in 2 years will be out of the question. Which literally doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense to me when I follow logic. I have pretty defined political leanings but I can usually, sort of, sometimes understand where someone is coming from when I fundamentally disagree. But.. Why would you issue me a permit and tell me I can't carry concealed. Is it because you're scared that I might decide to commit a crime with it? The idea being that it's physically impossible for me to carry a concealed handgun if I don't have the card. That really blows because I am a law abiding citizen, hoping one day for a career in police work, and I would never break a law. In two years, instead of having another citizen ready to defend fellow humans from meth addicted sex offenders that live freely with barely any monitoring, you'll have some guy carrying pepper spray. Hopefully though, I'll make good enough friends with you people to not have that much to worry about. One last thing, when I took the gun safety class it was at Mass Firearms School about a year or so ago. The man teaching the class was a member of NES and was great. I just want to thank him for the way he taught, especially being understanding with my silly questions. All I remember was that he was in the national guard driving stuff, and his assistant was a funny British man. If you read this, thanks again!

Last edited:
Welcome, Hormon and petecherepanov!

Pete, we feel for ya, being in Boston. Don't give up hope, things can and are changing in MA. Support Comm2A and GOAL and there's no telling what we can accomplish.

Hormon, thanks for joining and I look forward to hearing about how our laws compare with Poland's. Are you based here now or in Poland?

Oh, and if you become a paid member of NES ("go green") there are lots of benefits here, too!

Hello and Welcome Hormon and petecherepanov,

Glad to have you both on board. Hormon I hope you can enjoy the states. Look forward to hearing some of your viewpoints on our laws and discussions.

petecherepanov - just look at moving out of the city by the time your 21. You can move right outside Boston and your rights will be restored. It is certainly a joke you would have to do so, but thats your best route.

Hey, I'm Dave, from western mass. i have experience with S&W M&P's and Rugers and naturally Mossbergs and Marlin .22lr. i've already had a ton of help with forums on this for an apex kit i'm getting in the mail. had a co-worker tell me about this site and what a great resource it is. Glad to be a part of the community

~Dave

30Mauser: Thank you for your warm welcome
DirtyPacman: I've been considering it for a while. I do want to keep Boston Police Department as an open option and they have a residency requirement. If I don't make it, I will leave ASAP. But, if I do and become a Police Officer in the city then I will be able to carry concealed anyway. Oh, I forgot to let you guys know. I'm a student and I spend most of the year at University in Canada. The gun rights there are even worse. My university has it's own security guards and they are hilarious. They wear bulletproof vests, on the outside, but don't carry guns. So when the next ecole polytechnique (a columbine type shooting that happened in Montreal with a Mini 14) happens they'll be able to run confidantly away from the shooter while I'm stuck in the line of fire.

Hello and welcome Dave (rebelfootballpl),

Glad you coworker sent you over to the forum. Sounds like you will fit in quite well here. We are glad to have you here as part of the community.
Consider donating to the COMM2A and becoming a GOAL member to help keep up the good fight.

petecherepanov,

I feel for you man, nothing like being a defenseless target. Hopefully things will change here and there for the better of all of us.

Hi all.My name is Matt. I live in Monson ma. I recently came across this site looking for answer on my Ltc. I applied on Feb 26th and still haven't heard a word. I called police station and all they said was that they don't know whats taking so long. Its now been 10 weeks I've been waiting. Just want my Ltc so I start enjoying the life of a gun owner.

Hi all.My name is Matt. I live in Monson ma. I recently came across this site looking for answer on my Ltc. I applied on Feb 26th and still haven't heard a word. I called police station and all they said was that they don't know whats taking so long. Its now been 10 weeks I've been waiting. Just want my Ltc so I start enjoying the life of a gun owner.

Welcome to the forum MattyP. I seem to recall others lately talking about a backlog at the state level. Monson is listed as a 'green' town, so I am sure you will get what you want. Sometimes in this state, we just have to wait to get it. Good luck, and after it arrives don't forget to fill out the Comm2a Licensing Survey

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/127021-The-Mass-Licening-Survey-Launches-Today!

Also, consider going green. Plenty of benefits for 'green' members on this forum. Lots of great info as well. Welcome aboard!

Hey all

I've been reading this forum for a couple weeks, so it was time to join. I
Heard about NES from the guys at four seasons.
I've been into firearms for a couple years now. my experience is limited but mainly in pistols. S&W m&p, sig 228,226,250, & all things ruger.
Hope to learn a ton, and be part of some good threads.

Yet another voice joining the ranks of the already dedicated who ensure OUR 2nd amendment remains an American right for responsible citizens.

I've been reading this site for a couple of months, and now look forward to continuing to learn from the "salty dogs" of NES.

After getting my feet wet with being a register member, I fully plan to go green.

LTC-A unrestricted and can't get to the range enough!

Thanks for the great site!

Semper Fi

Hi all,

My name is Eric and I came across this site while researching the MA licensing process. I am definitely a novice when it comes to firearms but just completed the basic course at Mass Firearms School and will be picking up/dropping off my application for a LTC Class A ALP early this week. There is a lot of great info here and I plan to go green as soon as the licensing process is underway. Thanks for creating/supporting such an awesome board and I look forward to learning more from it.

Hey all

I've been reading this forum for a couple weeks, so it was time to join. I
Heard about NES from the guys at four seasons.
I've been into firearms for a couple years now. my experience is limited but mainly in pistols. S&W m&p, sig 228,226,250, & all things ruger.
Hope to learn a ton, and be part of some good threads.

Yet another voice joining the ranks of the already dedicated who ensure OUR 2nd amendment remains an American right for responsible citizens.

I've been reading this site for a couple of months, and now look forward to continuing to learn from the "salty dogs" of NES.

After getting my feet wet with being a register member, I fully plan to go green.

LTC-A unrestricted and can't get to the range enough!

Thanks for the great site!

Semper Fi

Hi all,

My name is Eric and I came across this site while researching the MA licensing process. I am definitely a novice when it comes to firearms but just completed the basic course at Mass Firearms School and will be picking up/dropping off my application for a LTC Class A ALP early this week. There is a lot of great info here and I plan to go green as soon as the licensing process is underway. Thanks for creating/supporting such an awesome board and I look forward to learning more from it.

Excellent, welcome everyone. Great site to be, for an abundance of good information, and even more good people. If you're licensed already, congrats, and EB80, I hope it goes easy for you and you live in a 'green' town. Consider going 'green' here as well and supporting the forum further. And, don't forget to fill out the Comm2a Licensing Survey. Welcome aboard guys!

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/127021-The-Mass-Licening-Survey-Launches-Today!

EB80, I hope it goes easy for you and you live in a 'green' town. Consider going 'green' here as well and supporting the forum further. And, don't forget to fill out the Comm2a Licensing Survey. Welcome aboard guys!

Thanks! I do live in a 'green' town so I'm hoping things will be smooth. I will definitely be going green and hope to be filling out the survey within a month or two. [wink]

Thanks! I do live in a 'green' town so I'm hoping things will be smooth. I will definitely be going green and hope to be filling out the survey within a month or two. [wink]

Excellent, good luck with it! Hurry up, because that money will be burning a hole in your pocket! [laugh]

Hey there,
I just joined and figured I better tell you about myself.
Ex-army disabled (non-service related) vet. I am a Certified NRA pistol instructor and a self- defense instructor.
I became an instructor in these two things because of two groups of people:
First, I kept running into people, mostly women, who said they did karate,(pronounced karotty). I’d find out they’d been doing taebo or cardio-kickboxing.
Second, I kept running into people that said if anybody f*ked with them they’d blast ‘em.
The first group couldn’t stop a toddler from taking their wallet; the second didn’t know the difference between a revolver and a semi-automatic.
Favorite Quotes:
“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe through Bruce Lee
When you come to a fork in the road... take it. Yogi Berra.

Hello and Welcome to our newest DarkKnight46 and EB80,

Hope you can both enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. Think about going green in support of the forum if you can.
If you will also consider donating to our 2nd A. Organizations like GOAL and COMM2A - we appreciate it.
See you both in the discussions.

DarkKnight thanks for your service!

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Justin, I'm 28 years old and I've lived in Attleboro all my life. I've been an avid airgunner for a long time and never bothered to get my LTC until now. I am in the process now of applying for it but seem to be running into some issues with the Attleboro PD. Hopefully all will work itself out and i'll be able to get my license before i die of old age!

Hello Justin (Goodstuff84),

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the Attleboro licensing. You should give COMM2A a little information on what is going on as they were compiling some information last I had known on problem town/cities. I hope you can resolve it and join us in some real gunning soon.

Enjoy the site.

Another to add to the list

Hello,
I'm definitely a firearms newbie, going for my range test on Monday. Had a class at MFS, generally a positive experience, and since then the staff has been very helpful. I just had a really fun instruction on Wednesday at the Braintree Pistol club, which put my mind more or less at ease about the trip to Quincy!

Never shot growing up, bought a pellet plinker and trap target a couple months ago, liked it so much I wanted a bigger one :)

So yeah, if anyone knows of the best range near Dedham (there are a few options, and while these people seem to know about serious firepower, web design is not their area of expertise...) and where I can get a pre-ban/Mass legal CZ75, I am all ears. Well, ears with a trigger finger.
Thanks!

oyster,

Welcome to NES. I'm glad you enjoyed our training on Wednesday.

"Best club" really depends on what you are looking for in a club. I suggest checking out the Gun Clubs section here as each one has a "personality" beyond what the facilities offer.

If you want to check out Mansfield F&G (outdoor ranges only at least for next ~5 years), feel free to contact me.

CZ75s do exist in MA, the Classifieds here are your best source. Sometimes a dealer will have one. No handguns (except "AWs") are banned in MA, there are restrictions on what a MA Dealer can transfer but no restrictions on what a MA LTC-A holder can purchase/own.

Hello Len!
Looks like I should man up the $21 and put a WTB for one of those beauties as soon as I get my paperwork :)

Thanks again, and I actually liked the Braintree club facilities a lot, but it's too bad my work commitment will keep that from happening.

Happy Shooting

oyster,

Welcome to NES. I'm glad you enjoyed our training on Wednesday.

"Best club" really depends on what you are looking for in a club. I suggest checking out the Gun Clubs section here as each one has a "personality" beyond what the facilities offer.

If you want to check out Mansfield F&G (outdoor ranges only at least for next ~5 years), feel free to contact me.

CZ75s do exist in MA, the Classifieds here are your best source. Sometimes a dealer will have one. No handguns (except "AWs") are banned in MA, there are restrictions on what a MA Dealer can transfer but no restrictions on what a MA LTC-A holder can purchase/own.

Hello and Welcome Oyster,

Sounds like your starting to get your feet wet here thats great. Hope you come to enjoy it as much as the rest of us.
And yes the $21 is well worth the investment to help keep this forum going and all the cool things that come along with it.
karma give-away, nes member only events, super secret tactical login credentials.

Back
Top Bottom