New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hey folks,

I've been lurking for a while but decided it was about time to start participating. I recently applied for my LTC in a green town after completing the basic course at MFS (nice place). I've learned quite a bit here already just by browsing... certainly looks like the place to hit for a lively debate [grin]

Welcome atd242,

Wishing you the best through the LTC process. Plenty of others members local to you so your in good company.
Enjoy the forum and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hello, I have been reading posts for the past six months and decided it was time to register today. I have recently applied for my Class A in a green town, and am anxiously waiting to hear back. I am new to shooting, so I have been taking a few training courses at MFS and Sig Academy. This site has been very helpful in answering many of my questions. Being a new shooter, living in the Peoples Republic of Mass I had and will have a lot of questions. Looking forward to making my first purchase(s).

Welcome. Just curious, are you a fan of Guns N Roses?

Hello and welcome to our newest Mr. Brownstone and Plinius,

Glad to have you both posting. Plinius thank you for your support of the forum by going green as a paid member. As to the hunting as I just finished my basic hunter and got my license start looking now for a class or next season sign up early - space goes fast. Mr. Brownstone I have heard great things about Sig Academy I am sure they are teaching you well.
Hopefully you will both consider joining GOAL and donating to COMM2A to help the good fight here in MA.

Enjoy the forum
Thank you PacMan. Have joined GOAL and NRA. I plan on going green and contributing to COMM2A once I am able to make a few purchases and get caught up from Lawyer/training/gun-range/donation to Commonwealth General Fund. This is a very expensive new endeavor!

Welcome. Just curious, are you a fan of Guns N Roses?
Blitz1. Huge Guns N' Roses fan. I own a couple of Slash Signature amplifiers and Les Pauls.
Now I have this new firearms obsession that I can learn all about, spend endless hours on web researching the best and baddest new thing, and probably come to the same conclusion that I did with the guitar. Great gear may help, but only practice will make you any good.

Hey folks,

I've been lurking for a while but decided it was about time to start participating. I recently applied for my LTC in a green town after completing the basic course at MFS (nice place). I've learned quite a bit here already just by browsing... certainly looks like the place to hit for a lively debate [grin]

Hey Aggle,

Sorry I missed your post last time through. Welcome to the forum. Glad you have already found the forum useful. Hopefully you will join in the discussions. Best of luck on the LTC. Enjoy

Hello all. New to the board so I wanted to drop by the thread and say hi. From north of Boston and just getting started with my prep for the LTC. This has been an unbelievable resource. Thanks to all who are generous with their knowledge!

Hey Mudfish,

Glad to hear the forum has already been useful for you. Once you get your license (hope its quick and smooth for you) I am sure it will be used even more. Consider becoming a green paid member and supporting our local Pro-2nd organizations like GOAL and COMM2A. Thanks in advance.

Out of the mouths of [STRIKE= ]babes[/STRIKE] newbies...

I notice you are an Appleseed Instructor. Two of the guys I have been to the range with have been on an Appleseed Shoot. They speak very highly of it. Once licensed, it is on the top of my list. One of my buddies says he will even take it again because he got so much out of it the first time.

I notice you are an Appleseed Instructor. Two of the guys I have been to the range with have been on an Appleseed Shoot. They speak very highly of it. Once licensed, it is on the top of my list. One of my buddies says he will even take it again because he got so much out of it the first time.

Great to hear, but why wait? Most of the instructors and IITs have a spare .22 kicking around. Just PM the shoot boss (or post in the Appleseed Rifle Training forum here or in the Massachusetts forum on www.appleseedinfo.org and ask if someone can have a loaner.

Looking forward to seeing you on the line!

Ross

Found this site on the internet the other week looking up MA laws. Thanks for the info - just joined as a member to further support the forum.

Great to hear, but why wait? Most of the instructors and IITs have a spare .22 kicking around. Just PM the shoot boss (or post in the Appleseed Rifle Training forum here or in the Massachusetts forum on www.appleseedinfo.org and ask if someone can have a loaner.

Looking forward to seeing you on the line!

Ross

That's great to know! I thought you needed to be licensed, at least FID, to participate. Thanks for the tip! I'll let you know when I do, so I can introduce myself.

Hello everyone. New to the forum, found it while searching for info on guns in MA and like others have said, I already find it a HUGE resource. Now that I am 21, I am going to be applying for my LTC-A in a RED South Shore town of MA, so I'm looking most likely at a "target & hunting" restriction. I got to say I have learned a TON of info in the last few weeks of reading these forums and am glad I found this site.

Hello everyone. New to the forum, found it while searching for info on guns in MA and like others have said, I already find it a HUGE resource. Now that I am 21, I am going to be applying for my LTC-A in a RED South Shore town of MA, so I'm looking most likely at a "target & hunting" restriction. I got to say I have learned a TON of info in the last few weeks of reading these forums and am glad I found this site.

Welcome to NES and good luck with your LTC. The good news is that you are young enough to move to a Green town!!

Found this site on the internet the other week looking up MA laws. Thanks for the info - just joined as a member to further support the forum.

Hello KDeez,

First off thank you for supporting the forum and going green. We appreciate the support. Plenty of information to be had on the site as you know and just use the search if you think the topic may have been discussed before. Hopefully we will see you get active in the discussions also. Enjoy

Hello and Welcome PublicSafety,

I too wish you the best on the LTC process. Sorry to hear you live in one of those "red" towns. Consider donating to several of the pro-2nd organizations to help with the good fight: GOAL and COMM2A. Maybe even go green as a paid member here to see all the benefits the site has to offer. Thanks in advance and see you in the discussions.

hi everyone my name is tom how is everybody doing ???

i recently applied for a ltc and got denied but am getting a fid
and my girlfriend has gotten her licence to carry and her name is tina and she also says hi to everyone

we currently own a glock 27 gen 2 and a s&w mp40 sub compact

we love to shoot at the range and have learned alot from other friends we re from the town of braintree nice to meet all of u

Hello and welcome Tom N (and Tina),

Sorry to hear about the denial. Welcome to the forum I hope you can enjoy it as much as the rest of us. You should have Tina make an account also plenty of other ladies on the site (more then ever actually). Glad to have you both and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

hey, nmassarelli here. been a member for a while but finally got my ltc in the mail. live in boston unfortunately... army veteran. glock 19 gen 3

Hello nmassarelli20,

First off thank you for your service. Second thanks for supporting the forum and going green as a member. Sorry to hear about your living situation never fun losing your rights based upon where you reside. I like your choice in firearms though :) Enjoy the site and jump in the discussions.

hi everyone my name is tom how is everybody doing ???

i recently applied for a ltc and got denied but am getting a fid
and my girlfriend has gotten her licence to carry and her name is tina and she also says hi to everyone

we currently own a glock 27 gen 2 and a s&w mp40 sub compact

we love to shoot at the range and have learned alot from other friends we re from the town of braintree nice to meet all of u

If you got denied for an LTC, SHE owns the glock and the mp40. She, not "we."

Welcome aboard!

Hello from Western MA.......I was referred to your site by a friend (Big wave). I was so impressed with the wealth of wonderful information on this forum, that I decided to go green and support it! Wish this was around 20 years ago when I had got my LTC!

Last edited:
Hello from Western MA.......I was referred to your site by a friend (Big wave). I was so impressed with the wealth of wonderful information on this forum, that I decided to go green and support it! Wish this was around 20 years ago when I had got my LTC!

Welcome fellow Wmass er. Go green we are having a meet and greet soon at the Springfield Armory and dinner.
Good to have more members west of theCT

Hi everyone. Found this site while searching for local gun clubs. I am what you would call a novice, so I am very open to help and advice. I have been qualified for my LTC and I am just waiting for my physical permit to arrive so I can make my first purchase. There is a ton of information here that I am trying to take in, and luckily I do forums for a living, so I will be spending plenty of time here. :)

Hello Haven,

Welcome to the forum. Glad your friend sent you over. Happy to hear your already finding it useful and become a member to support the forum.
We are lucky enough to have the site now so take advantage and hope to see you in the discussions. Enjoy!

Hi everyone. Found this site while searching for local gun clubs. I am what you would call a novice, so I am very open to help and advice. I have been qualified for my LTC and I am just waiting for my physical permit to arrive so I can make my first purchase. There is a ton of information here that I am trying to take in, and luckily I do forums for a living, so I will be spending plenty of time here. :)

Hello and welcome AndyC,

Glad you came across the forum and decided to join up. Thanks for your support by becoming a green member. There certainly is plenty of good people and knowledge here on the board. If you have a question use the search as it may have been discussed before. Other than that jump into the conversations and enjoy the site.

Also for any new gun owner here in MA its a great thing to support pro-2nd organizations like GOAL and COMM2A. Thanks in advance for helping the good fight.

Hello everyone,

New owner from RI, I have had a Remington 870 Express pump .410 for almost 2 years, but just made the leap into handguns when my fiancee and myself got each other handguns for our 5th anniversary. She has a Ruger SR40C .40, I elected to get a .45 ACP Colt 1911 National Match on an Essex frame with an adjustable match grade trigger. I have done a bit of research, but I am always learning, and I want to eventually build a 1911 from the ground up(but where would I possibly find resources knowledgeable in colt 1911's? Those things are rare![rofl]) but I am a long ways away from that. If this forum is as good as it appears on the surface, I will be going green shortly. Looking forward to siphon as much knowledge off you all as I can!

Credentials:
Active duty Army August 1999 - December 1999 OSUT @ Ft Sill. 13B10 Field Artillery
Active duty Army December 1999 - January 2002 Camp Casey, Tong Du Chong, South Korea. 13B10 Field Artillery; 6 months as unit armorer.
Active duty Army January 2002 - August 2002 Ft Bragg, NC. 13B10 Field Artillery
Army National Guard(RI) October 2004 - November 2004, 21E10 Heavy equipment operator
Active duty Army December 2004 - July 2005 Mississippi and Missouri, retrained to 21B10, Combat Engineer
Active duty Army July 2005 - June 2006 OIF 2 Ramadi, Iraq. Demolitions/ SAW gunner (where I earned the callsign "Scarecrow".)
Army National Guard(RI) June 2006 - Present 21N20, Heavy Construction Equipment Operator/Supervisor

Hello Scarecrow,

Welcome to NES and thank you for your service. I am glad you found the site and are becoming more active in the different shooting disciplines. There is plenty of knowledge and a bunch of wonderful folks on the board. Hope you come to enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

At long last... finally a NES'er and a green one to boot!
I've been lucky to hear about NES from Mike (GOAL is lucky to have him) Sweeney, and my main squeeze. Now I am just wondering how many late night hours I will spend on here :)

So looking forward to making some new friends and letting you all know where I stand on issues here in the People's Republic of MA. Unfortunately for those sitting on Beacon Hill I am PRO-2A and pro doesn't mean I blow hot air about "guns"... I have had my LTC for >12y, I am adamant about our constitutional rights, and I am ANGRY at how those legislators have eroded our freedoms and limited our options using fear tactics and baseless statistics.

We have a winnable race in the 4th Middlesex against an incumbent voted in on the heels of the Mazilli scandal (groped a woman and got caught... scum!). This guy is chair of the state admin & regulatory committee, I can't wait to share what he's been up to... and just as a teaser he's part of this new "transparency" initiative Beacon Hill just started and NATURALLY how did they kick it off...? By meeting BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!

Just like my signature says I'm all around conservative, I love my country dearly, and I am going to kick some serious butt in the next legislative session!

Back
Top Bottom