New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

hey another mike here been around guns for 30 years. from central mass area. found the site while researching ar lower recievers. thanks to rem sport for the lower. building my first AR, trying to get as much info about themas possible. thanks

Welcome to our newest additions ceige, Bigrugg95 and glock040,

Hello to each one of you. Glad you all found the forum and are stopping in to introduce yourselves.
Ceige - thanks for the support of the forum by going green. Glad to hear you can move along with your life and wish you the best in getting the license.
Bigrugg95 - happy to hear you have found the site useful - what type of shooting do you like to do?
glock040 - always fun to build up an AR - please share with us when your completed we love checking out what configurations people come up with.

See you all in the discussions.

New Registered User

I just registered with NES last week. I have limited experience with firearms including target shooting with a .22 rifle (great memories with my Grandfather and Uncle) and while I have been Deer hunting with a 12-gauge and Pheasant hunting with a 16-gauge shotgun, I do not consider myself an experienced hunter or outdoorsman(Typical "city-boy", mea culpa). Living in the people's republik of Massachusetts, I allowed my "valid until revoked or suspended" FID to lapse once they changed the law and started charging $$$. I am now on track to apply for my Class-A LTC, and desire to become proficient with a handgun. This site has been very informative and an invaluable resource in my research into the world of fireams.

Hello and welcome Gidge,

Glad to see your getting back into the shooting community. Hoping you have no issues getting your LTC-A.
Sounds like you already have a good background of firearm use behind you, wish you the best in acquiring the skills with a handgun as you desire.
Enjoy!

Hi, Jimmy from Malden, I have had my ltc-a since oct 2011 . I found this site loking for info on the ruger sr1911.
Welcome, Jimmy! Pretty good consensus that the SR1911 is a great gun, but I'm biased (I have one and love it). The Remington R1 Enhanced and the S&W E-Series also get a lot of raves in the 1911 threads.

Enjoy and think about becoming a paid "green" member to support the site.

Hi folks,
After trolling the site for ever I finaly signed up. Cool site with tons of great info. I especialy apppreciate the legal stuff. MA guns laws as we all know don't make any sense so the help is appreciated.
I own a few pistols...G-19, Ruger Super Black Hawk .44 and a little Mark II that I got for a song and switched barrels on.
Anyhow looking forward to learning more about things that go bang.

Hi, I'm Travis Corcoran (I often go by my initials, TJIC). I live in Arlington. I got turned onto N E Shooters over the weekend when attending a great Appleseed event. Missed Rifleman by 20 points or so, but I was still thrilled with hour much I learned.

Hello and welcome to our newest nofx99, Bobbybats, TJIC

Glad to have you all coming on board here.
Jimmy - the ruger 1911's are real nice did you end up with one?
Bobby- sounds like you will fit right in, nice collection you have started.
Travis - nice work on the appleseed score - keep up the practice and you will make it.

Enjoy the site guys

Dirtypacman,I did pick one up a few days ago, love it! I also have a glock 19 that I carry also a sig 229 in two tone that I really don't need ,but had to have.

Dirtypacman,I did pick one up a few days ago, love it! I also have a glock 19 that I carry also a sig 229 in two tone that I really don't need ,but had to have.

You got yourself a great collection started right there - I like all those, good stuff.

Hello folks,

Name is Mike and I reside in a green town (south shore). Been thinking about applying for mt LTC as I spend a lot of time and money in the range. Only time I was arrested was when I was 16 and thats for having a BB gun, but it was dismissed as a motion based on the fact i didnt cause anyone any harm. Hope that does not prevent me from getting my LTC A unrestricted.

Last edited:
Hello folks,

Name is Mike and I reside in Stoughton. Been thinking about applying for mt LTC as I spend a lot of time and money in the range. Only time I was arrested was when I was 16 and thats for having a BB gun, but it was dismissed as a motion based on the fact i didnt cause anyone any harm. Hope that does not prevent me from getting my LTC A unrestricted.
Hey there Mike, sounds like we had a similar situation haha. When I was 16 or 17 I was off shooting BB guns with my buddy and somebody saw us and called the cops on us. There were 4 cops sent out and found us in the woods.
After the cops realized that it was only BB guns, one of them took it from me, pumped it up, shot it into the pond, said "cool" and handed it back to me haha.
They got our names, but I never heard anything after that. Wasn't arrested at all, or anything of that sort. They just told us to go further into the woods, away from the houses.
Anyway, welcome! I hope that isn't an issue for you when applying.

"16 year old arrested for having a BB gun while not causing anyone any harm."

Where else but Massachusetts?!?

Oh, and welcome, Mike!

Never been arrested anywhere else other than that one time when I was 16. It was Boston but now I don't live in boston anymore.

LMFAO Gotta love Mass ehh.

Hey there Mike, sounds like we had a similar situation haha. When I was 16 or 17 I was off shooting BB guns with my buddy and somebody saw us and called the cops on us. There were 4 cops sent out and found us in the woods.
After the cops realized that it was only BB guns, one of them took it from me, pumped it up, shot it into the pond, said "cool" and handed it back to me haha.
They got our names, but I never heard anything after that. Wasn't arrested at all, or anything of that sort. They just told us to go further into the woods, away from the houses.
Anyway, welcome! I hope that isn't an issue for you when applying.

Well looks like you were more lucky than me. I doubt I could have been sentenced 2 years for just having a BB gun so I hope all will go through well. Just trying to think of who would give me the best two references before I start this application process. Thanks for the good vibes also, I hope this doesnt get me denied or a restricted LTC.

Hello! I thought I'd chime in and introduce myself. I'm moving from Wisconsin to the Boston area tomorrow, but have been lurking on this site for the past few weeks gathering information about the community and mining information about those unfortunate MA gun laws. I'm a passionate hunter and fisherman that got into target shooting the past couple years. This past year I also started reloading on a Dillon 550B and am loving every second of it. My collection includes a Ruger MK I, Colt Gold Cup Trophy, Springfield Loaded Target, and a new MA-TEN with 24" Brux Palma SS. I knew the MA-TEN would be a bit harder to get in Mass so I had to buy it here in WI!

I'm looking forward to becoming active in the shooting community and am grateful for the knowledge of you NES members. The information here has been a great guide for me leading up to the move. So, thanks!

You'd be a smart man if you bought some new glocks before you made the move to Boston. Just leave the mags in WI with a friend.

Hey guys i just registered, my names Matt, i live in Tewksbury MA.
i just recently applied for my class a, still waiting to get it.
this site seems like a good resource for info on the law and i have been checking out the classified section in preparation.
Must be related to DanboSMASH. [wink]
Hi, I'm Travis Corcoran (I often go by my initials, TJIC). I live in Arlington. I got turned onto N E Shooters over the weekend when attending a great Appleseed event. Missed Rifleman by 20 points or so, but I was still thrilled with hour much I learned.

Hi, Travis. Good to see you found your way here. Get Kaylee to sign on, too, will ya?

Ross

Just registered a week ago. Been reading the forums for a while. Great site for NE area shooters.

I live in MA, am a GOAL member and member of two local clubs. Have been shooting in local .22 bullseye leagues but also enjoy shooting center fire. Looking to maybe start shooting in something like idpa.

Hello and welcome agile_1,

Thanks for your support to GOAL. Sounds like you will fit in quite nicely here. Plenty of other shooters in both .22 and IDPA.
Hope you can enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us. See you in the discussions

I just registered after my buddy recommended this forum. Live in Foxboro, MA and just completed the LTC Class A application process. My shooting background consists mostly of plinking on my buddy's land in Maine, but looking forward to pursuing the hobby on my own now.

Hey, just joined and thought I shoulld introduce myself. I'm a middle-aged guy from Nashua, NH. I belong to the Nashua Fish and game Club. Been shooting both military and civilian for over thirty years. The collection is sufficiently large enough to sneak new ones in under the wifes radar. My newest purchase was the S&W Shield 9mm and I'm loving it.
How long until I can add an avatar?

Last edited:
Hello and welcome fivepack,

Avatars may be for paid membership (green status) on the forum. Can't remember sorry.
Either way we are happy to have another join in the ranks here. Sounds to me like you will fit right in.
Have not been to NFG but have heard good things myself.
Glad your enjoying the Shield.

Hello, I have been reading posts for the past six months and decided it was time to register today. I have recently applied for my Class A in a green town, and am anxiously waiting to hear back. I am new to shooting, so I have been taking a few training courses at MFS and Sig Academy. This site has been very helpful in answering many of my questions. Being a new shooter, living in the Peoples Republic of Mass I had and will have a lot of questions. Looking forward to making my first purchase(s).

Hi all, been lurking for a while, and have finally gone green. The Cambridge PD called today and my license is ready to be picked up -- looking forward to a first purchase, as well as joining a club to shoot. I'm new to shooting myself, and am looking primarily to do some hunting these coming seasons. Looking forward to getting to tap the expertise of the forum, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.

Hello and welcome to our newest Mr. Brownstone and Plinius,

Glad to have you both posting. Plinius thank you for your support of the forum by going green as a paid member. As to the hunting as I just finished my basic hunter and got my license start looking now for a class or next season sign up early - space goes fast. Mr. Brownstone I have heard great things about Sig Academy I am sure they are teaching you well.
Hopefully you will both consider joining GOAL and donating to COMM2A to help the good fight here in MA.

Enjoy the forum

Hi gang,

New to the forum. I'm from Natick and about to submit my application packet to the PD here any time now (just waiting on one letter of recommendation). Hoping for an unrestricted Class-A, hear that Natick has turned Green since we got the new chief... guess we'll find out! I've lived all around MA for most of my life, love New England more than anything and wouldn't go anywhere else. Looking forward to getting to know the forum.

Back
Top Bottom