New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello from CT. I recently went to a USPSA orientation up in Hopkinton, MA (or something like that) and one of the speakers turned me on to this site.

From what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be much of a Connecticut showing around here.
Anyhoo... shooting has taken over a big portion of my day-to-day in the last couple of years. Maybe I'll actually stick with this hobby.

Hey all! Im new here as well. Lots of great info here and great people too. Thanks for having me.
I own a 1950 Stevens Model 311, Rem 700 30-06 w/ Simmons 4x44 and newly a M&P9 (which apparently needs a trigger job :p )
Edit: Also i am prior USMC, got off AD last January. Semper Fi.

Hello all, I'm new here also with very little experience. I have my appointment to apply for my LTC next week and I'm hoping Scituate is a "green" town! I have to write a letter stating why I want my unrestricted class A vs. sporting, anyone have any advice as to what to write?

Heartfelt welcomes to SickPythons, Bonsai and especially to SgtNash, who we thank for his service in defense of our country and its Constitution!

Hope you all get what you're looking for here and, if you really like it, consider pitching in a few bucks and go green!

As for that letter, Bonsai, others may have better advice than I, but I would simply write about wanting to take personal responsibility for the safety of myself and my family in the context of an increasingly dangerous world, as well as participating in a long and honorable history of responsible and legal firearms ownership in my family... But that's just me.

Hello new member here. Just got LTC A with restrictions :( Love this site.
First post and already green! Sorry about the restrictions and thank you for your service!

I'm new to the forum and have a pending appointment for LTC. I see lots of intelligent discussion on here; glad to be joining.
Good luck at the appt and welcome to the fun! (Don't mind the trolls, their bark is worse than their bite) [smile]

Hello and welcome to our newest Hco. 2/2 cav and emkay,

Hope you both enjoy the forum and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Emkay - wish you the best in the LTC process.
Hco. 2/2 cav - thanks for the going green in support of the forum.

Hope to see you all support some other Pro2A organizations such as NRA, GOAL and COMM2A - thanks in advance!

Hi, My names Jason I am new to the forum. I just applied for my LTC (Medford) yesterday although I have been hunting and shooting since I was a boy. I am interested in joining a shooting range once I get my license.

Hello JAYNOSE79 (Jason),

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you. Happy to see you getting back in the shooting community and applying for your LTC. I wish you the best of luck through the process and hope to see you in the discussions.

Enjoy!

Hi all,

I didn't see this thread when I joined up. I'm an early 30s man, living slightly northwest of Boston with an LTC-A(ALP). My firearms experience was limited to shooting my brother's guns during college. Then I enlisted as an Infantryman. During my years in, including two tours to OIF, my firearms experience included being Company Armorer, HMMWV gunner, commander's personal security detachment on air assaults, and attending the squad designated marksman course. Now my days are considerably duller as a software engineer, but I keep up with shooting at Mass Rifle in Woburn. I'm looking at getting into some hunting next year. I can't remember where I originally heard about northeastshooters, but I became a member to stay on top of MA firearms/self defense news.

Hello and welcome PappyM3,

First off thank you for your service.
I am glad you found the forum, sounds like you will fit right in.
Hopefully you will enjoy your stay and jump into the discussions.
Look forward to your input. Enjoy

New to the site! Haverhill resident with a class A. Have a saiga .410 and a saiga 7.62x39. Plus a few more other toys.

Hello and welcome Dwilliams,

Glad to have another in my neck of the woods. Are you a member over at HHRG? Hope to see you in the discussions and out at the range. Enjoy!

Hi All-

Rookie member to the site - love the layout & content! Grew up as a rural kid exposed to lots of snowmobiling, fishing, hunting, plinking & shooting with everything from Daisy air rifles to full auto MG's. Hope everyone has a great Easter Weekend!

Wow great to see all the new members (green already too)

Welcome mghslowell and _sandman,

Nice to have 2 more in the ranks here. Jump in the discussions and enjoy the forum!
Happy Easter to you also _sandman

Hi Guys,

Just went green, thought I would say hello. Been a casual reader for a while and figured I would hop in as a greenie as I have learned a ton here already and love the website.

Pretty new to shooting, got my LTC last year and have been shooting a few times a month ever since. I live North of Boston. I am looking to do some trap, skeet and hopefully some IDPA and 3 gun at some point. Picked up an SR9c and a used Mossberg 500 so far and have had a lot of fun already. So many more I want, so little time and money.

Look forward to learning more and meeting some of you fine folks down the road.

Cheers,

Derek - ETT

Hello Derek (ett)

Welcome to the forum, thanks for going green as a paid member in support.
Love my SR9c. You will find this forum has a great mix of all your looking for.
Hope to see you in the discussions and out at the range.

Thanks Dirtypacman!

Look forward to it my man. That ruger has been a nice little gun so far. Now I just need a glock a 1911 a Sig an AR and an AK........my poor bank account!

Thanks,

Derek

Thanks Dirtypacman!

Look forward to it my man. That ruger has been a nice little gun so far. Now I just need a glock a 1911 a Sig an AR and an AK........my poor bank account!

Thanks,

Derek

I feel your pain but I am further down on my list already AHAHA

Now I just need a glock a 1911 a Sig an AR and an AK........my poor bank account!

Thanks,

Derek

Your bank account will never be the same. I recommend opening up a separate one and designating it your gun fund. Then just make regular contributions (perhaps via payroll deduction?) to it and buy your next gun when the level is up enough. Works great for me.

Hello all,

Your newest member checking in. I've been a lurker for quite some time now, but thought it best to finally sign up & support the community.

I've been a shooter most of my life, which like many of yourselves means a constant investment in both hard-earned dollars and precious time. And as a lifelong proponent of the sport in all of its forms, I freely lend both to ensuring its future. Above all, I believe in responsible education, ownership, legislation and advocacy; and that all four, when properly applied, are the most effective means of achieving our common goals.

There is real strength here that goes beyond our numbers. I look forward to sharing that strength with each of you.

Cheers,
S15

Hello all,

Your newest member checking in. I've been a lurker for quite some time now, but thought it best to finally sign up & support the community.

I've been a shooter most of my life, which like many of yourselves means a constant investment in both hard-earned dollars and precious time. And as a lifelong proponent of the sport in all of its forms, I freely lend both to ensuring its future. Above all, I believe in responsible education, ownership, legislation and advocacy; and that all four, when properly applied, are the most effective means of achieving our common goals.

There is real strength here that goes beyond our numbers. I look forward to sharing that strength with each of you.

Cheers,
S15
Welcome, S15, sounds like NES will be a better place for your presence.

Just checking in as a new member. I had my appointment for my LTC at the local PD last weekend so right now I am playing the waiting game. In the meantime I have gone to the range a few times with friends and can't wait to get my LTC in as I have my eye on a sr9c as my first gun.

This seems like a great site and I have already learned a few things just in lurking around, and I can't wait to learn more. I wasn't brought up with any shooting or guns at all so I am getting into this a bit later than most people it seems but I enjoy it quite a bit.

Hello and welcome Stag15 and shiva916,

I appreciate your support of the forum and going green Stag15. Glad you have already found NES helpful look forward to seeing you in the discussions.
shiva916 - wish you the best in the LTC process. The sr9c is a great gun I am very happy with mine. Enjoy the site!

Hello another new member here and a newbie to hand guns, just recently received my ltc looking forward to learning from all of you. Also would like to get involved in hunting again and hopefully get my 3 boys (28, 33,35) to join me. One of my boys and I took the hunters safety course within last year. Again looking forward to learning from you hopefully will meet some of you someday. Also could you recommend a sportsmen's club to us (we are in Burlington, Dracut and Chelmsford).
Thanks
Tom

Back
Top Bottom