New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello Tom (tommyc)

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you got your license in and are looking to join up with the family for some hunting.
I too just finished my hunters ed course and got my license. Plenty of knowledge to be had on the forum, just use the search on a topic first and if your answer is not there go ahead and ask.

I am a member of my local club up in Haverhill but also as a member I highly recommend Harvard Sportmans Club in Littleton.

Hey everyone, Danvers resident and new member to the site. Planning on applying for my LTC in the near future. I have some issues from the past ( ...high school, Im 41 now) which may come back to bite me, but Im hoping with a little legal help I can get the LTC A with no restrictions. I really have only one experience with shooting with my cousins in AZ in the desert but it was a ton of fun and I seem to have knack for it.

Anyway, wish me luck and thanks to the administrators for providing such a useful site.

Jim

New guy

Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!

Hey folks Mike here , I grew up in mass but now live in so.
Vt. I live bordering about 5000 acres of national forest land.
We have resident black bear, Fischer, plenty of coyotes
So I always traveled armed, not to mention the ocaisional
easy living folks one might encounter. I enjoy the freedom,I have
carried since 18 unfortunately I let cc expire a handfull
of years back in mass, I'd like to look into a renewal.

Hello and welcome to our newest: headednorth and Vt outdoors.

Wish you the best of luck on the LTC process headednorth. Glad your enjoying the site already.
Lucky man Mike, glad you were able to remove yourself from MA. Sounds like you have a beautiful place to reside.

Hope to see you both in the discussions and on the range.

Hello Tom (tommyc)

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you got your license in and are looking to join up with the family for some hunting.
I too just finished my hunters ed course and got my license. Plenty of knowledge to be had on the forum, just use the search on a topic first and if your answer is not there go ahead and ask.

I am a member of my local club up in Haverhill but also as a member I highly recommend Harvard Sportmans Club in Littleton.

Thank you for the welcome

Hi All,

New to the forums and I just wanted to say how helpful, how kind, and how great everyone on the NES boards are. I've already connected with a bunch of people over emails, private messages, and on the boards. i have received so much help and advice with obtaining my license, hunting, pistols, long guns, equipment, ETC!!! I've even been lucky enough to reciprocate the favors by getting someone a job application at my work. This forum truly is the best source on the net for outdoors hobbyists (not just gun hobbyists) and networking.

So, thank you very much to everyone who participates and makes this forum a great resource for just about anything.

Warmest Regards,
Matt

P.s. I saw a section where people rate and give points to certain comments and now i can't find that anymore. anyone know where i should click to get there?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
hi my name is Corey I'm 22 and live in the wonderful city of New Bedford (sarcasm) and heard about this forum from a friend and figured it would be helpful because it is rather local and I'm fairly new to firearms.

Just got licensed LTC-A Sporting not the sought after ALP...assuming this is beacause I'm young and the crime rate is particularly high here.

Last edited:
hi my name is Corey I'm 22 and live in the wonderful city of New Bedford (sarcasm) and heard about this forum from a friend and figured it would be helpful because it is rather local and I'm fairly new to firearms.

Just got licensed LTC-A Sporting not the sought after ALP...assuming this is beacause I'm young and the crime rate is particularly high here.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folk here, and even more good info. Don't forget to fill out the Comm2a licensing survey, and consider going green. Many benefits for green members. I hope for the most part it was fairly painless getting licensed in NB.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/127021-The-Mass-Licening-Survey-Launches-Today!

Hello Ngneer2111,

Glad you found the forum. Hope you can get the permit without issue and your not waiting long.
There are many on this forum with your same tastes for enjoyment. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Hey guys i just registered, my names Matt, i live in Tewksbury MA.
i just recently applied for my class a, still waiting to get it.
this site seems like a good resource for info on the law and i have been checking out the classified section in preparation.

Hey guys i just registered, my names Matt, i live in Tewksbury MA.
i just recently applied for my class a, still waiting to get it.
this site seems like a good resource for info on the law and i have been checking out the classified section in preparation.
Welcome to the site, Matt! Sounds like you're starting in the right places... Good luck on your LTC application!

Hey all ya'll! I have had my LTC Class A for over a year now, and in that time, I've found this forum to be my best source of information for gun info and news. Living in MA presents some unique challenges for gun owners, and answers I've received on other forums are sometimes not applicable. So...I'll be going green in the next month or two, but I wanted to at least register and let you know how much I appreciate this site.

Hello wimsey1,

I am happy to hear you have already gotten use of this fine forum. Even better you decided to register and yes become a green member and help support the site.

I also ask you support other pro2nd organizations including NRA and locally GOAL and COMM2A - thanks in advance.

Enjoy!

Hey all! Names Brian. Joined a few weeks back and just been kicking back reading and taking it all in, so far a great site, tons of usefull info! Been around guns pretty much my whole life, ex-military, last position was a gunner in a M60 tank back in the 80's, ahhh, the good ole days! 105mm, M2 50cal, M240 7.62 plus of course the mighty grease gun and the M1911's for our personal carry. Been a lifer in the NRA forever but just recently decided to get back in to the swing of things now that the kids are a bit older. Applied for my LTC a few weeks back, still waiting but my towns Green so hopefully there won't be any hold ups in the process. Looking forward to the forum!

Hey all! Names Brian. Joined a few weeks back and just been kicking back reading and taking it all in, so far a great site, tons of usefull info! Been around guns pretty much my whole life, ex-military, last position was a gunner in a M60 tank back in the 80's, ahhh, the good ole days! 105mm, M2 50cal, M240 7.62 plus of course the mighty grease gun and the M1911's for our personal carry. Been a lifer in the NRA forever but just recently decided to get back in to the swing of things now that the kids are a bit older. Applied for my LTC a few weeks back, still waiting but my towns Green so hopefully there won't be any hold ups in the process. Looking forward to the forum!
Welcome to the forum, good luck with your LTC, and sincere thanks for your service!

Hello everybody! My name is Brian as well. I moved here last June from Seattle, Washington to open a east coast branch of a company(yeah, that was quite a drive). I graduated from the University of Montana(May 2011), and Montana loves their guns. I live in Worcester MA, and I obtained my LTC-A, Restrictions: None as of November. I own a Springfield XD 40, and just purchased a S&W1911SC E Series on Monday. I can't wait to go and shoot it. Speaking of which I am looking to join a club, but since I am new to the area, I do not know anyone associated with any clubs. Looks like you guys have a great community here on the forums!

Hello Brian (Inferno)

Welcome to MA, sorry to say its no Montana but we do got some gun lovers here too.
Sounds like you already got your feet wet in the MA gun licensing procedure and happy to hear of your A without restrictions.

You will find plenty posted on some of the more popular clubs, I myself am a member of two shown in my signature.
If you want to take a look at either I would be happy to accommodate.
Hope you can enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us and I urge you to go green as a paid member to help support the forum. Then become a member of the NRA, and the MA pro2nd organizations GOAL and COMM2A. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the welcome Dirtypacman,

I have been looking into joining the NRA or GOAL (or both) as well. Probably will do fairly soon, as well as a NES membership.
As for those two clubs, I think they may be a bit too far away for me. Thank you for being willing to show me them though; I appreciate it.
I wish I had found this forum when I first moved here! There is a plethora of information on here and would have answered thousands of my questions.

Thanks for the welcome Dirtypacman,

I have been looking into joining the NRA or GOAL (or both) as well. Probably will do fairly soon, as well as a NES membership.
As for those two clubs, I think they may be a bit too far away for me. Thank you for being willing to show me them though; I appreciate it.
I wish I had found this forum when I first moved here! There is a plethora of information on here and would have answered thousands of my questions.

Better late then never, and the offer stands even if you just want to get out and need a club to do so I will host ya.
Glad to hear your getting together the funds to support the good fight.
Enjoy!

Better late then never, and the offer stands even if you just want to get out and need a club to do so I will host ya.
Glad to hear your getting together the funds to support the good fight.
Enjoy!
Sounds good! I may have to take you up on the offer sometime in the future. I've only been able to go shooting one time in the past year at the American Firearms School (disappointing to say the least). I am used to being able to drive 5-10 minutes in Montana and shoot in the woods! And in Washington, almost all of the gun ranges are open to the public; so I am getting used to the opposite over here haha. Thanks again!

Hi I'm Mike
I thought I would drop you a line. I live in Bonneau South Carolina. I'm retired USAF.
I'M a State Constable. Been shooting guns since I was 10 years old. I moved to the country to be able to shoot in my back yard. I'm teaching my son the same about gun safty and respect for the gun and when to use deadly force etc.To many kids are being shot due to the lack of education and respect forlife. I rambled on to much already. Hi every one.

Hello and welcome Mike (lawmansc807)

First off thank you for your service. Second thank you for passing along the knowledge to your son brings a smile to my face.
I love S.Caroline - wish I could be there myself but maybe someday.
Hope you enjoy the site and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

HI another new guy here.

I have wanted to get license for some time but my wife (ex wife now) did not want me to do it so I respected that. Now that things have changed I want to move forward. I plan on taking my class in the next two weeks and start this long process. I want purchase, join a club and learn and learn. Been reading like a mad man here and I am getting nervous now since I live in Woburn. I also plan to buy land in NH in the next few years so can I get a non resident license there so I can stay protected at both my locations? Not sure what i want yet but i am a law abiding citizen with a spotless record and don't want to be restricted. Sorry for all the questions I just want to learn as much as I can before I do anything. TIA

I stumbled across the forum when looking for a resource of information regarding all the absurd laws we have in MA and especially Boston proper. I wanted to get some info on private sales and buying in New Hampshire among other things. I've had my license for a few years now but haven't owned anything until more recently. I live in Boston, belong the the Braintree range and have my Class A unrestricted

Back
Top Bottom