New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hey everybody! I'm currently interviewing at a company in MA. If the job works out I'd be moving probably this summer from Arizona. I'm glad I found this forum because to be honest, MA gun laws scared the crap out of me. Coming from a state with some of the best gun laws coming to one with some of the worst will certainly be an adjustment. Here's a rundown of my various weaponry:
Glock 19 - I figure this guy should be GTG as long as I leave the hi-cap mags and get some 10 rounders
Smith & Wesson K frame - Should be fine
Mossberg 590 - I think it's an 8+1 capacity so that should be fine (any restricted parts on shotguns I should be aware of?)
Colt Combat Elite 1911 - good
Ruger 10/22 - Leave the hi-cap mags and I should be fine
Now we have the AR... This beast is going to be problematic for sure. It's a Sabre Defense 16" mid-length upper. It has a compensator (which I think are allowed) but not permanently attached. I've got an adjustable stock (Magpul UBR) on it, and I'm currently running a VFG. The VFG could come off pretty easily if I needed to, though. Here's a picture of it:

Outlaw.jpg
[/IMG]

At this point I'm thinking it will probably just be easier to leave it here with my dad (I think there's room in his gun safe) than to try to make this thing MA compliant. Any thoughts, tips, advice? Thanks.

Hey everybody! I'm currently interviewing at a company in MA. If the job works out I'd be moving probably this summer from Arizona. I'm glad I found this forum because to be honest, MA gun laws scared the crap out of me. Coming from a state with some of the best gun laws coming to one with some of the worst will certainly be an adjustment. Here's a rundown of my various weaponry:
Glock 19 - I figure this guy should be GTG as long as I leave the hi-cap mags and get some 10 rounders
Smith & Wesson K frame - Should be fine
Mossberg 590 - I think it's an 8+1 capacity so that should be fine (any restricted parts on shotguns I should be aware of?)
Colt Combat Elite 1911 - good
Ruger 10/22 - Leave the hi-cap mags and I should be fine
Now we have the AR... This beast is going to be problematic for sure. It's a Sabre Defense 16" mid-length upper. It has a compensator (which I think are allowed) but not permanently attached. I've got an adjustable stock (Magpul UBR) on it, and I'm currently running a VFG. The VFG could come off pretty easily if I needed to, though. Here's a picture of it:

Outlaw.jpg
[/IMG]

At this point I'm thinking it will probably just be easier to leave it here with my dad (I think there's room in his gun safe) than to try to make this thing MA compliant. Any thoughts, tips, advice? Thanks.

Making it MA compliant isn't too hard. The stock either needs to be permanently fixed to a particular length, or replaced with some other fixed stock, and the brake needs to be permanently attached. There are plenty of gunsmiths around that can do the job, I'm sure others can recommend someone. The VFG is fine.

hey guys im new here from philadelphia ny up in jefferson county. im 14 and live on my dads dairy farm. last year was my first yr deer hunting and i am hoping to get a buck this fall. i have two guns a mossberg 930 semiauto and a savage arms 22 LR i used a friends mauser 98 308. for my doe and am planning on using my uncles Whitetail Limited Edition 270. this fall. i found this site while browsing around and have decided to stick around.....
-joe

Hello Josephmrtn (joe)

Nice to have a young sportsman on and getting out there. Glad you decided to say hello. I wish you luck on your hunts and tell Dad he done good.

Hi, firearms newbie here. Been reading the forum for a while, got all the info I needed about the licensing process for my girlfriend and I on here, found a dealer to buy her first firearm from on here, so figured it was about time I put in the $21 to keep this forum running. Looking to hopefully be purchasing my first gun soon, and joining a club on the North Shore.

Hey everyone, names Matt. Im from Northbridge. Still waiting for my LTC-a in the mail.. I went n May 4th ..i got printed, picture, and he did an online application for me.. cashed my check 5/11.. so right now im anxiously hoping it keeps running smooth and ill be carrying soon..was told 4-8 weeks when i was leaving.. so guess all i can do is hope it comes soon..

Hey everyone, names Matt. Im from Northbridge. Still waiting for my LTC-a in the mail.. I went n May 4th ..i got printed, picture, and he did an online application for me.. cashed my check 5/11.. so right now im anxiously hoping it keeps running smooth and ill be carrying soon..was told 4-8 weeks when i was leaving.. so guess all i can do is hope it comes soon..

I gotta say tho.. i found the strand where everyone talks about their wait time extremely helpful..almost like a group therapy..

Hey everyone,

New to the forums and figured I would introduce myself. My name is Brian and I am from Ipswich mass but currently reside in Boston while I am at school at northeastern university. I am in the army ROTC program and I am interested in most military guns. I grew up shooting a .22 rifle my grandfather got me when I turned 10 but I recently made a few purchases to broaden my horizons a bit. I bought a baretta 92fs and a smith and Wesson M&P15. I am interested in getting into multigun shooting but I don't know of anywhere that offers it or really how to get started. And I guess that's about it

Hello and welcome to our newest MexItalia and optimusurmom,

We are glad to have both of you here. I am glad you have already the site useful. I encourage both of you to go green and become paid members of the forum. I also hope you will help the good fight and become of a member of GOAL and COMM2A.

Thanks in advance and hope to see you both getting active in the discussions.

Hey Pacman.. yea i do plan to become a full fledged member.. prolly in a couple weeks..as soon as my actual plastic comes in.. i can see just about everyone on here is as helpful and friendly as you could hope for..im sure there's a few exceptions.. Thanx for the greetings anyhow..Safe Shootin'

Hi All,
I am new to the world of firearms, and have already found this forum very informative. I recently completed the NRA Basic Pistol Course and took my test to qualify for my RI blue card. As part of the course I was able to try various caliber handguns and found the whole course to be really fun. I'm hoping to go back up to the range this weekend with my wife and try shooting some more before I decide which pistol I would like to make my first purchase. I decided to become an NES member because I have read several threads that show that the folks here are really dedicated to the cause of preserving our rights and I wanted to support those efforts. Thanks and keep up the good work.

~Greg

Hi All,
I am new to the world of firearms, and have already found this forum very informative. I recently completed the NRA Basic Pistol Course and took my test to qualify for my RI blue card. As part of the course I was able to try various caliber handguns and found the whole course to be really fun. I'm hoping to go back up to the range this weekend with my wife and try shooting some more before I decide which pistol I would like to make my first purchase. I decided to become an NES member because I have read several threads that show that the folks here are really dedicated to the cause of preserving our rights and I wanted to support those efforts. Thanks and keep up the good work.

~Greg
Welcome, Greg! Wonderful to "hear" your enthusiasm and thanks on behalf of the community for going green!

There are some awesome folks here who have helped me tons and I hope I can pay that forward... and don't mind the trolls. [wink]

Hey Pacman.. yea i do plan to become a full fledged member.. prolly in a couple weeks..as soon as my actual plastic comes in.. i can see just about everyone on here is as helpful and friendly as you could hope for..im sure there's a few exceptions.. Thanx for the greetings anyhow..Safe Shootin'

Glad to hear it, I am sure you will be pleased. Not as always a perfect place but just about as close to it as possible for a shooting community.

Hi All,

My name is Matt and I joined a few weeks ago to this great site! I made sure I signed up to be green as soon as I saw the opportunity for it. I have been around guns for a while. A lot of my friends are into the sport and I figured it was time for me to join them. I have my interview tomorrow. Hoping it all goes smooth! I am looking forward to learning as much as I can on this site!

Matt

Hi All,

My name is Matt and I joined a few weeks ago to this great site! I made sure I signed up to be green as soon as I saw the opportunity for it. I have been around guns for a while. A lot of my friends are into the sport and I figured it was time for me to join them. I have my interview tomorrow. Hoping it all goes smooth! I am looking forward to learning as much as I can on this site!

Matt
Good luck Matt, and WELCOME!

Hello all,

My good friend Killroth recommended I join. I must say, I spent a lot of time reading on this forum last night. You all are the "right" kind of informative.

I have been wanting to get into range shooting and personal protection for a long time. I live in Assonet, MA (a part of Freetown) and I want to know what my next steps should be.

Where should I go for initial training and safety courses?
How do I go about acquiring my LTC?
Does anyone know if it is difficult in my town?

I manage a business in Randolph, MA. I am often leaving late at night with a decent sized bank deposit and or walking out with a couple of clients. I would like to feel discreetly "protected."

What are people's thoughts on "First Purchase?"

I have been a huge fan of the Walther PPS 9mm and from the reviews I have read both on line, and more so, what I found here last night, I think that will be the direction I will want to go.

But for now, I want to start the process. Acquiring safety skills and acquiring my License.

I am looking forward to getting off work tonight and spending much more time reading through this forum.

Hello bcGiza and Cro,

I see you got a welcome and we are glad to have another few members. Happy to see the referral too you will like this site for sure.
BcGiza: You got the questions some of which have been answered if you do some reading and searching. If after that your still unclear start a thread with your remaining relevant questions and people will be sure to give you some input.
Brian - wish you the best in acquiring the LTC-A.

Hope to see you both getting into the discussions.

I did'nt feel like starting a new thread because I finally went green, so I will just update here.
Names kevin, in the lovely dirty burg.
finally got my LTC-A, issued on 3/12
I recent acquired a RIA 1911A1-CS, and have only put 50 rounds through it with only 2 issues, both of which I believe are mag related.
I like jeeping, and annoying my wife.
and I love long walks on the boardwalk on a cool summers eve.
Hope to meet more of you guys in the near future.

Whats up Kevin (edgeofcrimson)

Glad you got your license in hand. Get that RIA broken in good, did you clean her up before you brought it out?
Anyhow enjoy the forum, thanks for going green, and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Whats up Kevin (edgeofcrimson)

Glad you got your license in hand. Get that RIA broken in good, did you clean her up before you brought it out?
Anyhow enjoy the forum, thanks for going green, and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Yup got it cleaned up and brought it to the range thanks to atilla inviting me there . Put 50 rounds of Remington umc target ammo through and it worked great aside from 2 failure to feeds one right after the first round and the very last round. i think that was caused by the mag that came with it. All in all worked like a dream. And i definitely need to get more practice with it.

Yup got it cleaned up and brought it to the range thanks to atilla inviting me there . Put 50 rounds of Remington umc target ammo through and it worked great aside from 2 failure to feeds one right after the first round and the very last round. i think that was caused by the mag that came with it. All in all worked like a dream. And i definitely need to get more practice with it.

Awesome hope you can enjoy it for many years to come. Practice Practice Practice

Ugh. It's been not even a 5 days, and I'm checking my mailbox obsessively for my LTC-A... it's going to be a long 51/2 weeks...

Yes just relax and be patient. It will arrive. Just keep researching that first purchase and save your pennies. Enjoy and be safe.

Ugh. It's been not even a 5 days, and I'm checking my mailbox obsessively for my LTC-A... it's going to be a long 51/2 weeks...

not trying to be a jerk, but I was told 5-8 weeks when I filed my paperwork, ended up taking just shy of 14 weeks.... so find something to kill time and take your mind off it, that's what I did.

like Dirtypacman said, be patient, research, and save.

Hi,

I'm a new member as of March. I found this site when I was doing an on-line search for information on how to transfer a gun from another state to MA. The information was helpful and I'm in the process of getting that done legally. I grew up in NH and have been shooting/hunting since I was 12. My dad was a competitive pistol shooter so I've been around hand guns since I was a kid and have a competition precision air pistol that my dad sold to me, that my family uses for practice and fun. I now reside in Littleton MA but hope to move back to NH some day. Not happy with MA laws and policies. I've had an FID card since 75 which is when I moved to MA and had taken the NRA Gun Safety course several years back but didn't actually get my class A until April when my FID card needed to be renewed. I recently joined the Ayer gun club and try to go shooting at least every other week. I like to shoot hand guns (purchased several recently), skeet, trap and rifles. I also like bird hunting and have taken several trips to SD for Pheasant and have been hunting up in Pittsburg NH since I was a kid. I believe in protecting my 2nd amendment rights and have been an NRA member for many years and WON'T be voting for Obama. Regards, Don

Back
Top Bottom