New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello everyone! My name is Stephen, some people call me Big Steve. I work promotions for a radio station in Boston. I'm waiting to get finger printed and photo'd for my LTC out of my home town West Bridgewater. My first fire arm WILL be a Sig P220, then I'll work on getting a M4 type rifle. If you have any suggestions please speak out.

Hello Stephen,

Glad to see you in green post #1 :)
Good luck with your LTC process. I already like what your thinking of buying.

Enjoy the site and join in the discussions.

Hello everyone! My name is Stephen, some people call me Big Steve. I work promotions for a radio station in Boston. I'm waiting to get finger printed and photo'd for my LTC out of my home town West Bridgewater. My first fire arm WILL be a Sig P220, then I'll work on getting a M4 type rifle. If you have any suggestions please speak out.

Stephen, welcome to the forum! You will be very happy with the Sig P220. It's a bit on the heavy side and large, but very slim. You can easily carry it with a Cross Breed Holster Supertuck. I've been using mine for about a month (after numerous others) and will never use anything else. Best to also get some kind of a good gun belt. Cross Breed makes a good belt that doesn't look like a "duty belt". Enjoy!

Stephen, welcome to the forum! You will be very happy with the Sig P220. It's a bit on the heavy side and large, but very slim. You can easily carry it with a Cross Breed Holster Supertuck. I've been using mine for about a month (after numerous others) and will never use anything else. Best to also get some kind of a good gun belt. Cross Breed makes a good belt that doesn't look like a "duty belt". Enjoy!

Thanks for that post, I just checked the site out and those are some of the best holsters I've sen.

Thanks for that post, I just checked the site out and those are some of the best holsters I've sen.

They're ugly as all hell, but it doesn't matter because it's on the inside. The first time someone showed it to me, I was saying "what is that thing!". The funny thing is that the ugliness is what makes it so comfortable.

One thing you may want to think about (if you get the holster) is getting the combat cut. Without it you can't get a good high grip on the handle. Some people don't care because they can easily slip it up. I personally didn't care for not having a high grip right in the holster.

Hey everyone! Been lurking for almost a year now and finally went green. The site is a great resource for information and entertainment!

Hi everyone,

I live in Boston and I got my LTC a couple of moths ago. I am glad to see a new bill is under discussion at the State House…I hope legislators understand there is a need for a reform in MA guns law.

Hello Toqui,

Glad you found the board and are actively watching the bills going through the State House. We need as many good guys as we can get working with us to reform these laws.
Enjoy!

Hello all,

I have been lurking here for a while, and made a few comments here and there but figured it would be more polite to post here though, finally.

I have been participating in the sport since I was six, but only really got into it about a year and a half ago when I started doing USPSA. A relative directed me to NES. I am a graduate student in my non-sporting life.

Thank you to all who make this forum run smoothly.

47stages

Hello 47stages,

Started when you were six - that is great. Nice to see the tradition being passed along to you. Very cool that your into USPSA.

Make yourself at home and join in the discussions. Enjoy the forum.

thanks for the welcome

hi my name is mason and im a young adult from Brockton, MA.... i just got my fid card and im interested in skeet shooting and just having a good ol time and as i get deeper into meeting gun owners i learn new stuff that make me a better gun owner... my first gun that i purchased is a wasr-10 i still havent shot a single bullet out of it yet...and that comes to bringing me how i found out about you guys i was looking for a similiar question i had on google and it brought you guys up then i kept searching for more questions and you guys would be there so i said to myself why dont i just join and ask questions then...and here i am lol i actually still havent found the answer to my question and would like to know if i may ask it?

i actually still havent found the answer to my question and would like to know if i may ask it?

What's stopping you? Type away! Just try to put it in right forum. Might annoy some of the purists otherwise, ya know. [wink]

Oh, and
welcome.gif

As the thread title requests, I'm new to the forums so I'm saying hello. I live in the Burlington area and am about to schedule my MA safety class so I can get my FID. I shoot on a decently regular basis with a friend at MRA. I'm currently doing my research into a carry weapon, struggling between a compact 1911-frame .45 or a compact .40. Any recommendations are welcome ... I'm hesitant to start a thread on it as I'm fairly certain there have been numerous similar discussions previously.

As the thread title requests, I'm new to the forums so I'm saying hello. I live in the Burlington area and am about to schedule my MA safety class so I can get my FID. I shoot on a decently regular basis with a friend at MRA. I'm currently doing my research into a carry weapon, struggling between a compact 1911-frame .45 or a compact .40. Any recommendations are welcome ... I'm hesitant to start a thread on it as I'm fairly certain there have been numerous similar discussions previously.

How do you like the MRA?

Hello Moose508 and jbos6

Welcome to the forum guys. As Dwarven1 had suggested type away and get into the discussions. Use the search function if you think the topic may have already been discussed to see whats already been reviewed here.

Hello from Maine. Always nice to find people who share an interest. I'm just getting back into guns and hunting after laying off for a few years so I have some catching up to do. The main thing I need to know at this time is where do you get primers these days?

Last edited:
How do you like the MRA?

I've been there a number of times as a guest of one of the members. Facility always seems very nice (have been on the indoor and outdoor pistol ranges, can't remember their names). Other members are always very friendly, willing to chat and let you put a few rounds through their guns. I've fired all manner of rifles and pistols there! (Should admit it's only the second range I've been to, so I don't have a lot to compare to.)

If you are going to carry you need an LTC-A with no restrictions not an FID.[wink]

hey everyone,
new to forums in general.been lurking through this one for a couple weeks.Impressed. I'm a class a l.t.c holder from clinton,MA(thankfully very green)member of marlboro fish and game and an avid hunter,fisherman,shooter

Hello OsportsmanO

Glad you decided to post up and join in the discussions.
Great group of people with plenty of knowledge.
Look forward to reading your posts.

Back
Top Bottom