New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello Karl,

Thanks for the support on the forum becoming a member.
Hope you find your dream location and the house sells for your asking price.
Jump in the discussions, from your experience sounds like you will be a great addition to our fine group here.

Welcome to all the newbies! Good to see you checking in.

I can only tell you where we would not live...Ma, NY, NJ, IL, CA.
If'n I was you, I'd add MD and DC to that list, Karl - pathetic gun laws. They have a roster AND "fired cartridge" restrictions on what you can buy.

Welcome to all the newbies! Good to see you checking in.

If'n I was you, I'd add MD and DC to that list, Karl - pathetic gun laws. They have a roster AND "fired cartridge" restrictions on what you can buy.

Thanks for the heads up! DC...Well can't picture myself there unless it's some kind of ...you know march or protest. Details at 11:00

Happy Holidays! My name is Eddie,Grew up in Ct. moved to fla. early 90's,love harleys and handguns. I own 99 Harley superglide,s&w 908 looking for charter 44 or .357.Been shooting since my dad bought me a savage 20 ga. pump at 15.Held concealed weapons permit in ct. and here in fla. Love s&w and charter arms products. I have been in concrete industry for 20+ yrs. Now I have my own pool service route.Love fla weather! Stay warm New England!!

Hello Eddie,

I am sure of jealous of your FL weather :)
Thanks for posting your introduction. Glad to have you here.

Thanks pacman,looking forward to the shooters forum experiance even though I live in fla.New england was home for most of my life.Don't miss the winter although it's cold here forcasted for another week.[crying]

Hi Folks,

My name is Dave and I'm from Central MA. I just received my Class A and I'm trying to learn as much as possible about as many topics as possible. I saw this forum, browsed it a bit and plopped down the 20 beans to get the paid membership.

I'm new to owning firearms but have shot a few with friends. -Various handguns up to .45 and .22 rifles. I've always been an 'aiming' sports kin of guy and look forward, taking more courses, joining a local club, getting to meet some good folks out there, and work on some skills.

I'm also researching as much as possible about how I'd like to outfit myself and trying to go the right way with purchases. Most of this stuff isn't cheap so, if I'm going to spend the money, I'm going to do so properly with long term usage in mind....So, I may be asking a newb question or two along the way here [smile] so, please forgive me.

Looks like a nice forum and I'm very glad I found it!

-Dave

Just wanted to say hello.

Hi everyone,

Just checking in, found this forum through my local gun store. Glad I checked it out, hope to meet a greet some members as time allows.

Looking forward to becoming more active with shooting, looking at several local sportsmen clubs. Any advise is welcome.

Best of the new year to everyone.

Hello Dave - thanks for the support of the forum. Sounds like you will fit right in. Enjoy the board and join in the discussions.

Welcome quietman - glad you found us. What shop referred you if you don't mind me asking? :)

Another new guy here - just joined up a day or two ago. Took my class a couple months ago and just picked up my LTC/Class A unrestricted on January 10th here in Norton with no problems whatsoever (about 4 weeks exactly). This forum has a lot of great info on our wonderful state of MA regarding gun laws, etc. Saw the NES membership opportunity so I tossed a few bucks that way and joined up.

Do not own any guns yet - told my fiance that I would wait until our wedding to buy something (April 22nd - argh too long to wait!). I am looking at handguns primarily to start with. I'd like something in 9mm form but I will probably go with a .22 to start because the ammo is so cheap. Looking in the direction of a Sig Mosquito most likely.

Looking forward to spending more time on this site and learning as much as possible [thumbsup]

Ah great to know more folks are in this area. I want to check out First Defense sometime down in Uxbridge as it seems like a nice shop from everything I've read.

Alex

Ah great to know more folks are in this area. I want to check out First Defense sometime down in Uxbridge as it seems like a nice shop from everything I've read.

Alex

Welcome Alex. Make your way down to First Defense, just check the hours before you head down. Dennis is a great guy.

Hello everyone. My name is kevin I run K&R Target Sports in hudson,ma. We are a local gun shop that has been around for 18 years. We are one of the largest sisauer dealers in mass. I myself am a 10 year veteran of the United states Marine Corps and also john who also works with me is a marine corp veteran. I am an ITTS certified instructor as well. This is my first time on NES and am enjoying it. Check us out at www.krtargetsports.com

Hello everyone. My name is kevin I run K&R Target Sports in hudson,ma. We are a local gun shop that has been around for 18 years. We are one of the largest sisauer dealers in mass. I myself am a 10 year veteran of the United states Marine Corps and also john who also works with me is a marine corp veteran. I am an ITTS certified instructor as well. This is my first time on NES and am enjoying it. Check us out at www.krtargetsports.com

Welcome to Gods country.

Good afternoon NES! I'm Steve from the Granite State...Manchester specifically. I am very new to the sport. I have always been fascinated with firearms, but never felt settled enough to purchase one. Now that I'm a "big boy" (read: recently married), I felt it was time.

I purchased a Springfield Armory XD(m) 9mm. I've put about 200 rounds through it and couldn't be happier.

My other activities include fly fishing, hiking and enjoying time with friends & family. Just last week I picked up my pistol permit should I feel the need arise.

I am looking forward to the knowledge I can gain from you guys. Now that I have one pistol, I'll be looking to expand into a shotgun and rifle in short time.

Happy New Year!
Steve

HELLO AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

MY NAME IS TIM I LIVE IN NORTH ATTLEBORO AND AM A REAL ESTATE APPRAISER. I HAVE USED THIS SITE AS A REFERENCE SINCE GETTING MY LTC CLASS A ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO AND HAVE FOUND IT UNBELIEVABLY RELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION "FOR THE WWW" !! I AM FROM A FAMILY THAT HAD ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE TO OWN NEVER MIND CARRY A FIREARM THERE FOR AT THE RIPE OLD AGE OF 28 I AM ONLY SCRATCHING THE SERVICE OF THIS ENORMOUS TOPIC. I CAN AT LEAST SPEAK FOR MY FAMILY IN SAYING OBAMA BEING ELECTED WAS THE BEST EVENT EVER IN DRIVING SOME ANTIGUNNERS TO FINALLY EXCEPT THE WHOLE GUN THING. WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS I HAVE GONE FROM AN OUTCAST TO THE NORM IN MY FAMILY HOWEVER EVERYONE RELIES ON ME FOR ADVICE BUT I KNOW NOTHING IN COMPARISON THE FOLKS ON THIS SITE AND AM EXCITED TO LEARN FROM ALL OF YOU AND SHARE THAT INFO WITH MY FAMILY.
I AM ALSO NEW TO THE ONLINE FORUM THING, I NEVER FOUND A NEED TO GET INVOLVED UNTIL NOW BUT BECAME A MEMBER RECENTLY BECAUSE I REALLY WANT TO SUPPORT OUR RITE TO CARRY/OWN GUNS AND HAVE FOUND THIS PLACE AND THE GUN RITES RADIO NETWORK TO BE EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND WANT TO DO WHAT I CAN TO SUPPORT AND LEARN FROM YOU ALL. I THINK I READ ON HEAR YOU HAVE EVENTS AND HOPE TO MEET SOME NEW LIKE MINDED PEOPLE FROM THE AREA WHEN THAT HAPPENS NEXT. GOING TO THE NH GUN SHOW THIS WEEKEND WITH THE WIFE BUT AM NOT GETTING MY HOPES UP TO MUCH PER SOME INFO I GOT HEAR ABOUT LOCAL GUN SHOWS. WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS LOCALLY THAT IS SUPPORTED BY THIS FORUM ARE THEIR EMAILS SENT OR SOMETHING?? THANKS ALL FOR HAVING ME TALK SOON .

Another new guy here - just joined up a day or two ago. Took my class a couple months ago and just picked up my LTC/Class A unrestricted on January 10th here in Norton with no problems whatsoever (about 4 weeks exactly). This forum has a lot of great info on our wonderful state of MA regarding gun laws, etc. Saw the NES membership opportunity so I tossed a few bucks that way and joined up.

Do not own any guns yet - told my fiance that I would wait until our wedding to buy something (April 22nd - argh too long to wait!). I am looking at handguns primarily to start with. I'd like something in 9mm form but I will probably go with a .22 to start because the ammo is so cheap. Looking in the direction of a Sig Mosquito most likely.

Looking forward to spending more time on this site and learning as much as possible [thumbsup]

HAY RETROLS1 I AM NEW TO THE FORUM ALSO AND JUST MADE MY 1ST ENTRY HEAR ALONG WITH YOU. I NOTICED YOU ARE FROM NORTON I LIVE IN NORTH ATTLEBORO AND HAVE A S&W M&P 9, PARA 45, RUGER 10-22 AND TWO SMALL 380'S MICRO EAGLE AND RUGER LCP I AM NEW TO THE AREA AS I MOVED HEAR FROM THE GRATE CITY OF NEW BEDFORD. I ALSO JUST RECENTLEY JOINED AMERICAN FIRARMS IN N ATT IT IS A GOOD INDOOR RANGE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SHOOTING ANY OF THEM PLEASE FEAL FREE TO CONTACT ME. GOOD LUCK THEIR IS SO MUCH TO LEARN AND SO MANEY DECISIONS TO MAKE AS $ IS ALWAYS AN ISSUE " THEIR IS NEVER ENOUGH" I WOULD DUMP MY LIFE SAVING IF I JUST COULD BUY WHAT I HAVE ON THE WISH LIST "OR IF I HAD A SAVINGS". ENJOY ( I POSTED THIS TWICE AS MY WIFE HAD TO HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND THE POST WITH QUOTE THING SORRY GUYS/GALS.)

HAY RETROLS1 I AM NEW TO THE FORUM ALSO
And since you are new, let me welcome you with some gentle advice. Please turn off your capslock key!! It looks like you're shouting, and it's hard to read.

and welcome to the wild, wacky, and expensive world of being a gun owner. Read, learn, and participate.

Hi,
I'm Chris and I'm from Upton. I just joined the forum and will be going green ASAP. I went to the Pumpkin shoot as a guest of Tim94gt and plan to go to many more. I will hopefully get my LTC by the end of the month and look foward to meeting some of you guys at the next shoot, as I should be green by then.
Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris,

Glad to hear you made it over to the forum. The pumpkin shoots are a blast!
Hope to see you green soon :)

Hey guys, new here, names Luke, army veteran...2 tours in Iraq...live in Hopkinton, MA...just bought my first personal firearm yesterday. Picked up a Walther P99 S&W .40cal.....I figured Ive fired enough M16s, M4s, etc....thought Id enjoy some good shooting without getting shot back at!...Im looking to join a club around here, but wanted to wait until I got something of my own...I have my MA LTC, Class A...well, thought I would introduce myself, off to put the first few rounds through my new Walther P99!!

Back
Top Bottom