New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello everyone,

I have been reading the posts for quite awhile kind of free loading I guess, recieved some great advice and ideas so figured why not join in, have lived in Marion Ma for over 20 years great town green of course [wink] . Have been shooting and loading my own for a couple of years always learning something new , collect Mosin Nagants like to restore them and take them out to the range ( Hanson Rod & Gun ) . You guys do a great job Thanks. Bob

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the kind words - this forum is a great place with great people.
Sounds like your going to fit right in so have some fun and join in the discussions.

Hi Everyone, I've been lurking here for a few months and finally decided to get off my butt and introduce myself! This is just a great forum and I've learned alot from just reading the posts and had a few laughs too along the way. I live on the Northshore of Mass. I recieved my LTC-A no restrictions back in January. The process in the town I live in was actually pretty painless. Definately a green town and the licensing officer was quite helpful! No, Seriously!!
I currently carry a Smith and Wesson M+P 9mm, but I think there's a revolver in my future also. Love the wheel guns. I also have a SAR-1 and 2 Mosin Nagants.
I was raised in Florida in a very gun friendly family. Done alot of shooting as a kid. Then moved to New York and all that stopped! Possibly the worse state in the country for firearms ownership! Not that Mass. is much better.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I look forward to taking a more active part on this forum. Thanks!!

Hello VCYCLE,

Glad you stepped up and made the introduction - we are happy to have you.
Hope to see you active in the discussions - enjoy!

Crap! I made an account, went green, and have just NOW stumbled across this thread.

Hey folks :)

I'm a super lurker, been here for months, I didn't even feel the need to have an account before going green. So, I haven't made very many posts, mostly because I've found a lot of my questions already answered.

About Me: I grew up in MA, out in the north central region, grew up shooting with my old man and family, got my LTCA and now live just outside 128. Grew up doing mostly long gun shooting on the cheap (22 and 12ga), recently have gotten into pistols and more powerful rifles. Always learning. Always.

Anyway, I might be the quiet guy in the corner, but don't think I don't appreciate the help the forums have already given me. :) Thanks.

Hi Everyone, I've been lurking here for a few months and finally decided to get off my butt and introduce myself! This is just a great forum and I've learned alot from just reading the posts and had a few laughs too along the way. I live on the Northshore of Mass. I recieved my LTC-A no restrictions back in January. The process in the town I live in was actually pretty painless. Definately a green town and the licensing officer was quite helpful! No, Seriously!!
I currently carry a Smith and Wesson M+P 9mm, but I think there's a revolver in my future also. Love the wheel guns. I also have a SAR-1 and 2 Mosin Nagants.
I was raised in Florida in a very gun friendly family. Done alot of shooting as a kid. Then moved to New York and all that stopped! Possibly the worse state in the country for firearms ownership! Not that Mass. is much better.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I look forward to taking a more active part on this forum. Thanks!!

Cycle, is it true that even if you have a state permit for NY, you still need a separate one for NYC?

Hi All,
like the rest of the newbies, I have been lurking for a couple months and finally decided to create an account. I'm a regular guy from CT who grew up shooting rifles as a kid. I've recently moved on to shooting primarily pistols, I carry a SIG P229. I stumbled across this forum in one of my daily searches for training techniques, I have to say I've learned quite a bit from this site. So thank you to everyone who has posted!

Hello justanotherparatrooper and Sniper6923

Welcome to the forum. Glad you have both found NES.
Hope to see you join in the discussions.

New here! My name is Mike. I'm an Infantry Officer in the Guard

I have:

SA M1A Standard (black stock) w/ Sadlack industries Airborne scope mount, CS scope and Rings, Blackhawk Cheek pad, Blackhawk 3 point sling, Harris Bi-pod, and recoil buffer.

SA M1A Loaded National Match w/recoil buffer, SA sling

1903 Springfield 03A1 made in 1905 with a 1942 Barrel that I still shoot

Mauser 98K made in 1944 Non russian capture with all Original markings (not matching numbers tho)

Mosin Nagant made in 1931, never issued

Stag-15 with Knights armament RAS system and grip

Mossberg 590

S&W 1911

Auto Ord 1911

New Glock 21SF

Ruger .22 MKI

New here! My name is Mike. I'm an Infantry Officer in the Guard

I have:

SA M1A Standard (black stock) w/ Sadlack industries Airborne scope mount, CS scope and Rings, Blackhawk Cheek pad, Blackhawk 3 point sling, Harris Bi-pod, and recoil buffer.

SA M1A Loaded National Match w/recoil buffer, SA sling

1903 Springfield 03A1 made in 1905 with a 1942 Barrel that I still shoot

Mauser 98K made in 1944 Non russian capture with all Original markings (not matching numbers tho)

Mosin Nagant made in 1931, never issued

Stag-15 with Knights armament RAS system and grip

Mossberg 590

S&W 1911

Auto Ord 1911

New Glock 21SF

Ruger .22 MKI
And what handsome fellow directed you to this site, good sir? [wink]

Hello 11bway2b,

Glad to have you on the board.
Hope the forum will be as good for you as it has for others.
Enjoy and join in the discussions.

Hi folks -

Been lurking for a while after getting my LTC-A this year. I am working in high-tech, and really like my P6.

Hello sigp6,

Thanks for coming by and introducing yourself.
Many sig fans on this board. Make yourself at home and join in the discussions.

Hello Everyone.

My name is Dana and I live in Danvers.Ma. I was referred to the forums by my safety course instructor. I have limited firearm experience but hope to learn much more in the near future. I will be applying for my LTC in the next week or so and reading all the ins and outs has my head spinning already. [grin]

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around these forums since probably around August. I check the boards several times a day, so I though eh why not join them right? I have never shot a real firearm. I've shot BB, Pellet, Airsoft, and Paintball guns. I've always been interested (a great deal actually haha) in guns and such. I grew up with guns around the house, so I am not a total new-comer with guns, my father just really never went out shooting outside of weapons qualification for work, since I've been around.

If I remember right, I was googling Massachusetts Gun Laws and the process on how to obtain your FID card and your LTC.

I believe I'm going to a Firearms Safety Course sometime in January, then fill out and send out my FID application when I turn 15.

So yeah, thats about it.

Hello Dana and Eric

Good to see a few new names in the mix. Hope you both follow through with getting your LTC/FID cards. Feel free to ask questions, great group of people that are always helpful. Just remember to search to see if it was discussed before :)

Hi Folks,

I am an optical engineer working for the US Navy out here in the deserts of California. That may sound funny, until you realize the desert is a good place for the Navy to develop and test guided weapons. I am currently trying to relocate my family to New Hampshire...the state has a unique combination of characteristics which my wife and I find appealing...not least of which is an optics industry which would support my profession. My home state of Arkansas, and more specifically the Ozarks where I grew up, does not. So NH is the next best choice!

I've got a couple promising leads on jobs, so I signed up to these forums to check out the gun laws / gun culture out there in New England. The valley I live in out here is "very well armed", and is as gun friendly as any place in the country (barring the stupid state laws we have to deal with). It looks like I will not be disappointed, as long as I can stay away from Massachusetts (in regards to the laws, that is).

I am a member of the Calguns.net forum, which is very active in efforts to roll back California gun laws. They are fighting the good fight out here, and are making slow but measurable progress. The best strategy for retaining gun rights is to not give an inch, and fight it in the courts if they get something through...you can't always rely on legislatures. In addition, it helps to maintain a regional climate which repels hippies and liberals instead of attracting them. [smile]

Anyways, that's it in a nutshell. Hoping to relocate out there within a year or two, before our oldest daughter enters the California public education system. If anybody has leads on optical system engineering jobs, I wouldn't complain at all if you let me know about them :)

Cheers,
Jason

Last edited:
NewB checking in!

Hello all:
My name is Dana, I live on Westport Is. Maine. I saw a reference to this site
on another forum that I belong to (a Porsche Car Forum) so thought that I
might check you all out. I am a Navy Vet (Viet Nam Era) I am a New England native, but lived in the Mid West and South West for 26 years before returning to New England in 2002. Have been shooting since I was 11 years old, 1961, started reloading in 1985 and am still at it, hand gun and rifle.
Anyway just thought I would say HI!!!!!!

Whats Up im Corey From Lowell Ma and im 24, I have been shooting for about 3 years but bowhunting for 12 years. I heard about this site from my uncle and stumbled on on looking for more precise laws and info on owning a gun in ma.

Hello Corey,

Happy to see you found your way from the recommendation. As you can see this is a great forum with a wealth of knowledge. Join in the discussions and enjoy!

New NES Member Checkin In

Greetings...This looks like a great place to drool, learn, and have fun. I'm currently living in NH, but for how long is a guess. Waiting for our house to sell so I can leave. We have 50 states to choose from and I can only tell you where we would not live...Ma, NY, NJ, IL, CA. With that list I think it's easy to figure out why. [laugh] I was raised in NH and lived in ME a couple of years, then ventured out to AK in the 70's and 80's. No place in the US compares to AK. It will forever affect me. We are leaning on the great state of TN or Wy and maybe even back up to AK. Where ever the gun laws are friendly and the hunting is good is where I'll be.
Aside from family I love guns, hunting , boats, and fishing. No particular category of guns I like more than the other. I love them all. When it comes to guns I have a bad case of "Gotta Have Fever"
I've hunted for over 40 yrs. The highlight of my life was guiding in Alaska. Seven months of every year getting paid to hunt! Hunting here in NH....so bad I left the sport for 15 yrs and it's no better now.
Glad to be here
Karl

Back
Top Bottom