• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

I'm Matt, and I'm an attorney in Natick and I live in Stow.

After you were all so helpful helping me solve my "LTC Lost in the Mail" issue, I figured I'd wander over here to introduce myself. I just got my LTC-A (ALP) and am looking forward to a fun, useful and expensive hobby.

I was in the Marines from 1997-2004, and was decent with the M16 (we had A2's) and the M9, so that's what I know and feel most comfortable with, although I'm sure that will change. I was recently approved for ascension and attachment to the Air Force JAG Corps, and am awaiting assignment there.

So, that's about it...looking forward to being around.

Hi, I'm Dave and I live in Marlborough. When I am not at work, I am an amateur photographer and weekend car-racer. I applied for my LTC a few weeks ago and I am looking forward to participating in bowling pin shoots and clay shooting.

I was referred to the site by a friend, "crazymikie".

Hello Dave,

Glad you joined in and a green member to boot. Thanks for the support.
I am sure you will find this forum lots of fun and very helpful.

Hi all, I'm Kevin and live in Medford. Just this past April I got my LTC A Unrestricted (honestly was a miracle). So far I have really enjoyed shooting 9mm and .45 ACP at the range. More recently I discovered skeet and love it! Apparently there will be a lot of spending money in the future.

Hello Kevin and Welcome

Glad to see you got your unrestricted in Medford :)
Sounds like you already got some range time under your belt.
You found a great place here enjoy!!

It took me four months, huge amount of hoops to jump through, and all kinds of references. Basically, everything short of putting on the kneepads and giving a hummer. I get jealous of these people that just walk in, fill out the paperwork, and get their unrestricted 30 days later. But, I guess in the long run what matters is I got it. DirtyPac.....have you found any nice gunclubs around that have a good social atmosphere? I belong to MVGC, but it's just functional, not social.

Hello from RI

Hello from Rhode Island,
I am a member of the RI Fish and Game Protective Association. Aside from hunting and fishing, I have taken a serious interest in handgun shooting these past two years and recently completed my fist AR build this past fall as well. [smile]
I would like to participate in some local training classes and competitive shooting if I can find some close enough to home. [hmmm]

See you on the forums!!!

It took me four months, huge amount of hoops to jump through, and all kinds of references. Basically, everything short of putting on the kneepads and giving a hummer. I get jealous of these people that just walk in, fill out the paperwork, and get their unrestricted 30 days later. But, I guess in the long run what matters is I got it. DirtyPac.....have you found any nice gunclubs around that have a good social atmosphere? I belong to MVGC, but it's just functional, not social.

Might wanna bold this part of your post before some of the regulars around here come wandering buy and get all excited.[shocked]

Hello from Western MA

Greetings. I am new to all of this, from West Springfield, MA. Got my MA and CT permits, and joined the Holyoke Revolver Club and Smith & Wesson. Shooting bullseye in a league with Holyoke for starters, working on the basics, and want to try practical shooting soon.

Sticking to pistol for now, but also interested in some sort of rifle shooting this summer. Joined NES because there is a large amount of helpful information here. Thanks!

Alex here from Malden, MA. I'm in the Air National Guard as a Security Forces officer (fancy name for police) so I've had quite a bit of firearms training (M9, M4, M16, M240B, M249, M203) but nothing prior. I just received my LTC Class A unrestricted recently and am currently looking for a 9mm or .40 compact. I found the site looking for tips on applying for my license, what towns and cities are good with giving what you ask for, and just general questions.

Just a new guy checking in from the south shore. Recently got my MA LTC class A, now I'm in the process of buying my first firearm. Landed here as NES seems to be the best online resource for what amounts to a state-specific set of questions.

I am a member of Haverhill Hound Rod & Gun. Its a great place - every member I have had contact with was extremely nice and pleasant both on and off the range. I enjoy the club just as much for my socializing as I do for my shooting.

Hello Everyone! I didnt see this right away, sorry to say hi 30 posts later!! There just so much good stuff on here to get a guy goin! Im from Sterling Ma and have shot since I was about 7. My father moved to maine when I was in my teens so there was a shooting drout for a while but as soon as I hit 21 I was at GOAL attending the course to get my License. Since then ive been shooting as much as possible.Trap, Skeet,rifle, pistol. Im 28 now and I love everything guns. Ive paged through here many times but never joined. Boy have I been missing out! It wasnt until I ran by a magical phrase I had never heard of before "C&R FFL" that I realised I needed to get involved! So far everyone has been great in addressing my noob questions and I thank you for that. Now I see we have group buys and now all I can think is" wow, to think I could of been so much more broke over these years!" haha. Besides Guns, I own a horse and natural horsemanship is another hobby. At the beginning of the year I was laid off after 5 years in, I was a credit manager at a industrial saftey supply company, but it worked out as I am going to be going back to school. Thats me in a nut shell. Nice to meet you all, I look forward to meeting everyone and being able to send some lead down range with anyone interested!

Jess

Last edited:
So its taken me 100 posts, I became green, and have successfully traded/bought/sold three fire arms before I have said HI and introduced myself.

My name is James and found this website while trying to find some help with an AR. Quickly fell in love with this community and was really impressed with all the help I received. I work full time on the Cape, and just recently got married. Even though this is a "Hello" Im soon going to be saying "goodbye" as I am moving down south so my wife can attend school.

I look forward to posting and reading all the interesting posts on this forums. Thanks!

Welcome to NES dooger52287. So you’re leaving New England, that doesn’t mean you have to abandon the NES forum. Yes even some folks in Florida partake in the joys of the forum and I hope you continue to do so also while enjoying those balmy breezes.

PS ~ You look good in GREEN! [smile]

Hey, I'm Alex from Quincy, MA. I had been juggling the idea of getting my license for years when a friend told me it wasn't that hard to get in MA and I should try. So long story short, I did some research, found NES and The Sportsman's Den and the rest is history.

I am now the proud holder of a MA LTC Class A ALP and a Beretta 92FS, the first of many pistols I hope. I have joined the Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club and have even got into the .22 Pistol Team. I have a great Browning Buckmark on layaway for the Team shoots. I also like doing the CMP shoots with the AR-15.

For real life I'm a computer systems administrator and a loving husband.

Last edited:
Hello Alex,

Glad you decided to go through with getting your license. We need as many good guys as we can out there.
You found a great community of shooters here , take part and enjoy!!

Hi everyone. Just a new guy from Bridgewater here. I am hoping to get my LTC/A sometime this winter. Still waiting for an appointment to submit my application.
I've been a fan of target shooting for a long time and just recently decided to get my license. So when I started looking into the process I found this online community here and since that day I've learned something new every time I surf the posts.
Hopefully sooner rather than later I'll be able to tell everyone about my first purchase.....a S&W 686P or a Ruger GP-100. But hey, at the rate I'm going, by the time I get my license I'll have saved enough money to get both!

Hi there. My name is Kevin. Although I live in Wisconsin I like to keep up with gun owners throughout the U.S. and other countries. It helps when keeping up to date here and abroad. Just this past year I received my C&R FFL but have owned, been around guns and have been shooting them most of my life. I grew up with handguns long rifles and shotguns. No assault rifles. Over the past few years I developed a love for old guns, especially those from WWII. My most recent FFL purchases have been a CZ82 and a Mosin Nagant 91/30. I'm torn as to what I would like to purchase next because I want them all! :) I like to share information but mostly I am hear to learn more.

New to firearm ownership/shooting. Was shown this site by a friend and have gottten some great information off it. Decided to go green and here we are. Live and work at the end of the cape. Member Nauset Rod and Gun, LTC-A ALP. Hope to keep getting great information, meeting new people and maybe making some purchases.

hello from Stoneham

just wanted to say hello! Recently joined MRA in woburn, MA a few weeks ago and found this site posted on the bulletin board. I am 24 and from Stoneham and have a class A no restrictions. Most of my shooting experience in the past was with my slug gun or duck gun while hunting but picked up an m&p 40 compact when i got my LTC last year and am starting to get good groups with it. Now i'm waiting for the m&p 15-22 compliant models to hit stores so i can start what im hearing is the very addicting hobby of AR rifles![smile]

hello, new here.

my name is rick, and im from Swansea MA. i am waiting for my LTC class a, it been almost 4 weeks now. im 22 years old, unemployed right now. i am also a union ironworker.

once i get it i realy want to get a ar-15, then hopefully a 1911 and then shotgun. i want to start hunting and going to a shooting range.

well the site looks awsome and im glad i am here!

Back
Top Bottom