New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Just a quick post to say "Hey!"

Just getting back into shooting after an 8 year hiatus. Decided enough was enough and headed down to Four Seasons today, the place was packed! Carl mentioned I should head over here to NES, so here I am.

Cliff notes on my shooting background:
Grew up in Burlington, been shooting since my dad took me to Woburn Sportman's Club over in Bedford, MA. That was about 30 years ago.
Since then I've been bouncing around the Boston area, joining the Woburn club off and on. Moved to Canton, MA and did some trap shooting in Sharon and Practical Pistol in Hopkinton. Also got to shoot some Sporting Clays in CT.

Just moved back to Reading this year, heard good things about the Reading Rifle & Revolver Club so I'm going to try to get my name on the wait list over there this week.

-Jason

Hello jpmarotta (jason)

Welcome back into the fold. I am glad Carl at FS sent you over to the site :)
Hope you can enjoy the site and the hobby again.
Wish you the best in joining Reading Rifle

Hello fellow gun lovers. I was born, and raised in Mass. I'm a Marine(0311)combat vet, and a cop. I love black weapons.

Quick *note* for the MOD's.. Can you fix my settings, so I can post a add, and respond to them. I have a couple Glocks for sale. Thank You

Hello Glockcarrier,

Thanks for your service :)
Hope you can enjoy the site as much as the rest of us here.
You will need to go green (become a paid member) to run ads in the classifieds if I remember correctly.

Hi everyone

Stumbled onto this site while looking for parts for my Astra Constable 380. I did a lot of hunting and shooting back in the 70's and 80's but drifted away when I started having kids. I inherited a few handguns when my dad passed so I got my ClassA LTC. I curently own a 12 gauge dbl barrell shotgun, WaltherPK380, Astra Constible 380, Ruger Security Six 357, and a black powder 44 cap and ball pistol. This looks like a good site to lurk on to get information about the Mass gun world.

Hello fellow gun lovers

I recently received my LTC-A in Worcester and went green on NES the other day. I moved up to Worcester from PA back in 2005, and have been putting off target shooting and hunting until I moved into a house. I enjoy target shooting both rifle and pistol, and occasionally clays when I pull the 870 out. I am lucky enough to have a wife that loves to come to the range and shoot the rifle, she even gets a little mad when I go out by myself when she's at work.

There are allot of people here in the forums that I hope to learn from, and I'll try to contribute as much as I can.

-Jeremy

Hello grampahawk and Baserock (Jeremy)

Glad to have you both here. Grampa glad to see your returning to the sport hopefully to pass along to your children as well.
Jeremy we appreciate the support of the forum by going green hope you come to enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Look forward to seeing you both in the discussions.

Hello, I've found the forum a few weeks back and have been spending a lot of time reading the many threads so I thought I would finally introduce myself. I live in Nashua, work in Waltham MA. I grew up shooting with my Dad, mostly .22 rifles, still have my Browning I got for Christmas when I was 10. Have been wanting a handgun for self defense and target shooting for some time now and after much research I purchased a new S&W M&P 9 about 3 weeks ago. The Mrs. almost left me, but I really love the gun. Unfortunately, I have only been able to try her out one time.(the gun that is) Most of my friends that carry are in Mass, so it makes it a little difficult to shoot as often as I would like. Would like to eventually find a local range to join. I just wanted to say hi to everyone!
thanks
Aaron

Hey everyone. My names Mike im from Waltham. Just got my ltc (restricted of course) a few months ago. My buddy told me about this site awhile ago but i just got around to registering now. Its great. So much useful information thats helped out alot. Ive loved shooting my whole life, even though up until a few months ago its been mostly pellet and paintball guns. Went to fourseasons and got my first gun the ruger sr9c... And a mosin nagant to go with it. 100 extra bux, why not. Been goin up to bobs range in salisbury alot while trying to find the right gun club for me. Love shooting. Just wish there was more easily accessible places to do it. Besides that, i play music and work at an abandoned mental hospital. Nice to be a part of the forum. Talk to you all soon!

Hello Aaron (unkelaaron) and Mike (Mihaly)

Welcome to the both of you. Glad you both found the forum and hope to see you come to enjoy as much as the rest of us.
Plenty of feedback when it comes to different clubs so jump in the discussions.

Have fun and be safe.

The state pays a private security company that pays me... Not very well but watever. Its cool. Got to watch martin scorcese film alot of shutter island there. Besides that, not alot goes on. Its an interesting place though being a 120 year old insane asylum. The history of these places is wild. I guess i have a morbid fascination in them. Its medfield state hospital. Theres a bunch of pics and videos of it online if your.curious.

hello everyone,my names chris ive been reading around for like a week or so just decided to join the forum and i really like it. Im 21 from lawrence and i know this is a messy city but i just treat it as survival of the fittest lol.Lately i completed my training and soon will apply for my LTC which i read around is hard in this city but as hard many of you guys can believe it i have a clean record and been living here my whole life.I find it ridiculous that i dont feel comfortable in my own city but hey thats how things are.Besides that im a college student,work at market basket and best-buy,and plan to buy a glock as my first gun,I guess thats all lol...peace to all

Hello Chris (Chr1s978),

Wish you the best in the LTC process. I am just a town over and understand how you feel. Glad you found the site hope you can come to enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Hi I'm Ethan, just moved to Medford, MA from North Carolina. Originally from the DC area. Don't own any guns yet, but planning on getting something as soon as my LTC a comes through.

Hello Ethan,

Glad you found the board, sorry you found MA :( LOL
Best of luck through the LTC process and look forward to seeing you get into the discussions here.
Enjoy and have fun.

hello everyone , Name is rory , hail from grafton ma , 29 , got my LTC little over a year ago , hit the ground running and havent looked back since. I like the site/forum always looking to meet like minded folk. Joind the marlboro F&G hoping to meet some guys willing to " take a youngin under their wing " so to speak... been going alot , but unfortunately most people here are into the cheap beers and keno :) Look forward to chatting it up , i defenitly still have the firearm fever and cant get enough

Hello everyone

I'm a resident of the PRK (People's Republik of Kalifornia) and was born and raised in Clinton Ma. Since retiring I now spend about 4-5 months/yr back in my home town. I've been into shooting, off-and-on, for 50+ yrs (my 1st firearm was a Winchester Model 69 with a cut down stock that my Dad gave me when I was 6). I currently own a small collection of handguns/rifles and go shooting about once a month.

I found this forum while doing a google search on Ma. gun laws. I plan to eventually obtain a Ma. Non Res LTC once I get the travel logistics worked out.

Joe Moia

Hi Josh and Joe, welcome to the forums. Feel free to ask questions. Word of advice the search feature offers a ton of info. Also we feed Blitz1 and Jose every day around 7 pm. Try not to feed them after midnight, or they get feisty. :)

Welcome to our newest joemoia (Joe) and Make_MA_2A_Compliant (Josh)

Thanks for your service Josh.
Hope you both can enjoy the forum.
Wish you both the best.

Hi.

My name is Bill, I'm from southern New Hampshire,been shooting since my teens and found your site while looking for info concerning our sb88 bill should the house override the governors veto.

Hello Bill (Rodeoman)

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see your active in the political scene and happy to know it brought you to NES.
We like our guns more then our politics here but hope you can jump in the discussions and enjoy the site.

Hello - I missed this thread when I came on site.

Retired military, and former FAM (Original class after 9/11) -- now I make mad money doing what others dream about doing -- taking out the garbage.

Just home for a few months while I get some surgery/rehab done on my back from years of jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.

Have a whoa day!

Getting ready to head back

Welcome to you new folks. That's what's nice about this place. There are young folks looking for older shooters to take them under their wing, and there are older shooters who are loooking for younger shooters to share their experience, and to have help walking down to change the targets *smile*. Hope you all connect.

Back
Top Bottom