New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello Headshot,

Thank you for your service.
Hope your feeling back to 100% quickly and wish you well.
Glad you found the forum and jump into the conversations.
Enjoy and be safe.

Hello there from Western, MA

Hey there, my name's Jeff and I'm checking in from Westfield, MA. I'm completely new to shooting anything more than a .22 and just got my MA LTC in August. Look forward to seeing you out there on the forums.

Thanks,

-J

Hello, I just joined Northeast shooters found out about you guys from M4carbine.net. Been shooting for about 15yrs within the last 5yrs I have learned a great deal about tactics and have taken some formal handgun and carbine classes. Glad to have found a place with an endless supply of information about shooting/LTC in MA.
Thanks

Hello Jeff (umassthrower) and MSteele,

Glad to have you both on the forum. Great to have new and experienced shooters alike.
Hope you can enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.
Please consider going Green as a paid membership is well worth the support of the forum.

Hey Charlie (Kursac)

Welcome to the site, enjoy the forum and glad you said hello.
Now get into the discussions and hope to chat more with you.

Hi everyone,

My name is Alen. I'm certified security technician. Working as a system admin at the moment. I had some combat experience as a teen during Bosnian war. At the moment I have my club (muay thai), I'm also a referee and fighter. Love guns and martial arts. Spend most of my life exploring ways and tactics of armed and unarmed combat. I believe that best way to advance in the field of combat is trough practice and exchange of ideas. If anyone has some questions feel free to ask.

Hello Alen (bihwar),

Welcome to the forum. There are many here that share your same passions.
Hope to see you in the discussions and enjoy the site.

Hi everyone! My name is Jaime. I'm a nurse from Worcester County. My husband has been harrassing me for a year to take a basic pistol course so I'd feel more comfortable with guns in the house. I finally broke down and agreed to take a class this past week - and I loved it! I've already applied for my LTC and I can't wait to get back on the range. In fact, I asked him to take me to the range for our anniversary instead of going out to eat. I look forward to checking out the forums and learning all I can.

Hello Jamie (jle323)

Very happy to hear you got hooked and enjoyed the course. Wish you the best of luck on the LTC process.
Jump in the discussions, enjoy the forum and happy shooting.

Hi everyone! My name is Jaime. I'm a nurse from Worcester County. My husband has been harrassing me for a year to take a basic pistol course so I'd feel more comfortable with guns in the house. I finally broke down and agreed to take a class this past week - and I loved it! I've already applied for my LTC and I can't wait to get back on the range. In fact, I asked him to take me to the range for our anniversary instead of going out to eat. I look forward to checking out the forums and learning all I can.

Welcome, sweetie! (my wife, I can say that)

Hi everyone, I'm Brandon 25 from brigewater. Just got my LTC A unrestricted. I Currently have no fire arms and looking into what I should get first.

Hi, my name is Kris and I live in Clinton, MA. I grow up around shotguns and riffles (my brother, father and uncle all hunt) so I've been educated on the ins and outs of fire arms and the required safety. I went into the Navy where I qualified on pistols and fell in love with target shooting. I have always wanted to have my own gun and spend some time at a range but my husband wasn't really a "gun guy" and didn't want them in the house. Recently, there have been a number of break-ins (some while the people were home and sleeping) and my husband finally agreed. Working fast, not wanting him to change his mind, I took the safety course (which I brought to as well) and now have my LTC. Now I am doing all the research I can to figure out what type/caliber/size pistol/revolver I want.

Basically, I'm here (this website) because a friend told me this is a good place to start. Any advice anyone has will be welcomed.

Hello Brandon (miranda3486) and Kris (krissyb44)

Welcome to both of you. Check out all the threads on the site to see some similar questions may have been posted before.
Kris thank you for your service. Hope you both can find what you need, enjoy the site, and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

hi
just joined i am one of the owners of patriot arms in ipswich and would like to say hello to every one out there. we are glad to meet the community so drop in and say hello.
jack

Hey Jack (PATRIOT ARMS)

Nice to have you stop in. Look forward to checking out your shop next time I am in the area. Man I wish you were around when I lived there years ago :) Hope your business is a success!

Hello, my name is Jeff and I'm a college student in Framingham Massachusetts. I recently became obsessed with guns thanks to a friend of mine who directed me to this website.

I've always had an interest in firearms, but I never had the means to indulge that interest until just recently. It doesn't help either that I'm not a resident of MA so I can't even get a permanent license so that I can own my own equipment. That should be changing soon though, and maybe someday I'll see some of you guys on the range!

In the meantime, though, I've got weekly plans to practice trap. I'd like to learn more about other forms of sport shooting and how I can get involved.

Welcome Jeff (Muffinperson)

glad you took the advice and thanks for posting. Hope to see you getting your license and joining the community.

Hi all,

My name is Jess, and a joined this forum last year as a way to post info about a conservative Republican candidate running for Congress in the 7th district of MA.
I used to shoot with my dad when I was younger, and have only recently gotten back into it.
Yesterday, I was lucky enough to attend the GOAL event at the Harvard Sportsmens Club as a new member and the other attendees spoke very highly of this forum as a way to find out about new shooting events and topics of interest. I really enjoyed the event yesterday and hope to find some more like it this fall!
Btw, if anyone can tell me how to get a profile image uploaded, I'd appreciate it- I may need the ok from an administrator.

thanks
jess

Hello Jess,

Glad you came to the forum and had a good time at the GOAL event yesterday. Did not get to meet you I don't think but I was the guy walking around with the funny hat.

Hope to see you go green as a paid member - plenty more events once you do that :)

Enjoy

Indeed, have gone green.
For the NH Nov5th shoot, does one need to get a NH "pass" to carry to the out of state range?
thanks

Good on you for going green +1 to that :)

You may be able to get your NH non-resident in that amount of time - just start the process and you very well may have it before 11/5/11.
If not I am not sure of the exact laws but I believe you would need a print out of the actual event to have on your person to travel to NH to shoot. Again I am not sure about that so this is just an assumption.

NH does not require any sort of license to possess firearms, unless you want to
1) Carry concealed on your person
or
2) Have a loaded handgun in the car (on your person or otherwise, including having loaded magazines separate from the gun).

If you want to do either of those, you need a NH non-resident pistol/revolver permit which is fairly easy to get (instructions at http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html) If, however, you just want to bring your stuff up for the shoot, then you don't need it.

Last edited:
Wanted to say Hello to everyone here. My wife and I are from Missouri, but have been stuck living in Illinois for the last 6 years (and I have been somewhat involved in trying to promote firearms owners rights here in Il as well). We are moving to Maine (Hancock County) in mid October and look forward to living in a free state again. We currently hold out of state CCW from Utah, Florida and Pennsylvania to cover us in our travels over the last couple of years. We will be applying for Maine as soon as we set up residence. I found this site while looking for info on firearms and CCW laws for Maine. I am finding a lot of good info here and appreciate the resources you provide.

Hello and welcome TheHud,

Very glad you posted in the welcome thread - sounds like you will fit right in. Hope your move goes smoothly and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Back
Top Bottom